General Motors

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

It was fairly easy interview. HR round was a cake walk. Technical round involved 3 levels with third being toughest. They asked me indepth knowledge of IC engines.

General Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

From offer to acceptance only took a week. It took more than a month to start work due to the red tape of GM. With this gap, excitement for the posistion dwindled.

CoOp Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

Met with HR to discuss my qualifications and the role. Very laid back, just asked personality trait questions and what drives me. The job was described, basically a 10 week project, and I was asked if I thought I would be a good fit and why. Interviewer was very friendly and very excited to work with me, and I was with them.

Intern Interview

Used STAR format

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about ___ experience (no real guidelines - difficult to know what looking for)   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors in September 2010.

Job applicants screened through 3rd Party and if all criteria are met, resume is forwarded to hiring authority for interview. 3rd Party has some strange requirements so it is recommended to seek out current employee's for direct GM contact information. Interview based on the Lominger Principals

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a situation with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

- I was contacted by phone asking why I am leaving my current job.
    - 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview.
    - I was interviewed by 2 managers, they did not ask anything about my work experience. All their questions were STAR questions. The interview took about 2 hours (1 hour for each manager)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Met them at the career fair and was offered to interview the next day

Interview Questions
    • - What are your weaknesses?
      - What are your strengths?
      - What is a difficulty you ran into and how did you overcome it?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied for the position on my campus career resources website first. And then I got confirmed that I was able to sign up for an on-campus interview. It was a behavioral interview. The interviewer asked me what the most and least favorite courses were. As well as how I deal with big presentation.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question. I could use my prepared cases to fit the questions.   Answer Question

Advanced Energy Systems Engineer Interview

Applied through my school's internship program. Asked me personal questions about teamwork and leadership.

Engineer Interview

Behavior questions and people skills are emphasized.