General Motors

Average Difficulty
305 candidate interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details – It was fairly easy interview. HR round was a cake walk. Technical round involved 3 levels with third being toughest. They asked me indepth knowledge of IC engines.

Interview Question – IC engines complicated real time problems.   Answer Question

General Supervisor Interview

General Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details – From offer to acceptance only took a week. It took more than a month to start work due to the red tape of GM. With this gap, excitement for the posistion dwindled.

Interview Question – Come prepared for the STAR method.   Answer Question

CoOp Human Resources Interview

CoOp Human Resources

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details – Met with HR to discuss my qualifications and the role. Very laid back, just asked personality trait questions and what drives me. The job was described, basically a 10 week project, and I was asked if I thought I would be a good fit and why. Interviewer was very friendly and very excited to work with me, and I was with them.

Interview Question – Why do you think you'd be a good fit in this team.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – Used STAR format

Interview Question – Tell me about ___ experience (no real guidelines - difficult to know what looking for)   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Supplier Quality Engineer
Warren, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in September 2010.

Interview Details – Job applicants screened through 3rd Party and if all criteria are met, resume is forwarded to hiring authority for interview. 3rd Party has some strange requirements so it is recommended to seek out current employee's for direct GM contact information. Interview based on the Lominger Principals

Interview Question – How have you handled a situation with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – - I was contacted by phone asking why I am leaving my current job.
- 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview.
- I was interviewed by 2 managers, they did not ask anything about my work experience. All their questions were STAR questions. The interview took about 2 hours (1 hour for each manager)

Interview Question – Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – Met them at the career fair and was offered to interview the next day

Interview Question – - What are your weaknesses?
- What are your strengths?
- What is a difficulty you ran into and how did you overcome it?
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – I applied for the position on my campus career resources website first. And then I got confirmed that I was able to sign up for an on-campus interview. It was a behavioral interview. The interviewer asked me what the most and least favorite courses were. As well as how I deal with big presentation.

Interview Question – No unexpected question. I could use my prepared cases to fit the questions.   Answer Question

Advanced Energy Systems Engineer Interview

Advanced Energy Systems Engineer

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – Applied through my school's internship program. Asked me personal questions about teamwork and leadership.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult really.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – Behavior questions and people skills are emphasized.

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

General Motors Videos

General Motors – Why Work for Us?

At GM, we believe that striking a positive work-life balance leads to an engaged, productive work force. In fact, we believe that by empowering our employees to explore flextime and telecommuting options, not only can… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors interview questions and advice. All 305 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees and interview candidates.