General Motors

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

CAE Engineer Interview

Phone interview with Manager. Mostly behavioral questions in STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult job duty and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors.

Lominger format..
    All of us are first made to wait in lobby and than they take us to conf room to show a youtube video about Det and GM and all the carlines..Later each of us are taken to individual conf rooms and asked to wait for interviewer to show up..
    Questions are asked in lominger format.. They ask and also make note of what we are saying...with first interviewer its a one hour interview and later with second interviewer it's about the same time and we are asked the same questions by both the interviewers..

Interview Questions
    • difficult to revert back to various instances you have encountered instantaneously while answering lominger questions since they prefer not to repeat the same answers..   Answer Question

Treasury Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors.

pretty straightforward, reasonable questions, nothing too hard. be prepared to say why GM, and why Treasury...

Quality Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Very detailed process and tested all my knowledge everything engineering related. Not the typical strength/weakness questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would follow procedure if you failed to rewrite a JES correctly and the job was done incorrectly?   View Answer

Better offer elsewhere

TPT Interview

Hiring decision made based on resume without an interview.

IT Analyst Interview

Pretty easy process. The interview was more to understand your personality.

Purchasing/Supply Chain Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at General Motors.

Approached them for the first time at a national career fair. Although my background is in a different field, I got an interview the same day. They prepared me for the questions ahead of time. A friend approached the same booth for a different position, and was interviewed that day by OnStar. The three questions related to: learning something quickly, problem solving ability, and leadership.

IT Manager Interview

Good planning and communication. Behavioral interview with few technical questions. Very good interviewers behaved in a professional manner. Two interviews, 30 minutes each, five questions. Pre screening by phone and second interview in person. STAR method and Lominger competencies were used.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions can be hard, depending on context and experience.   Answer Question
    Poor. No room for negotiation at all.

Design Release Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

Applied online and received a call from HR the following day. Basic questions to determine eligibility, preferred salary, when I could start, etc. Was told my resume would be passed along and I would hear about an interview by the end of the week. Ended up getting a canned email saying they decided I wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Only talked to HR so there was nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Vehicle Engineering - Entry Level Interview

My situation was unique because I work for a senior design team at my university for a competition sponsored by GM. Without even applying for a job I received an email when they visited my campus requesting an interview. I interviewed with one hiring manager for about 30 minutes to an hour. Three main questions were asked and they were all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you exceeded your own expectations, what the outcome was, what you learned from the experience, and how you plan to apply what you learned in the future.   Answer Question