General Motors

304 candidate interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – callback interview after a job fair, followed by a phone interview, then a site visit and tour, then in person on site interviews, each in person interview was 3 interviews in a row with two people each time, the first round was with the engineering lead and another higher up, you will never see these people again most likely, the second round was with two people from the dept youre hiring into, like a shift lead and a busniess manager, the last round is with your hiring manager and whoever the second in charge after him

Interview Question – pretty standard stuff, they follow the "star method" situation or task, action you took, results you achieved   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Electrician
Kansas City, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in September 2010.

Interview Details – GM was building new plant, needed people to staff plant and to implement new ideas, inter view was good had a brief medical exam, then was told when and wher to report for assignment

Interview Question – no difficult questions were asked   View Answer

Negotiation Details – standard PROCEEDURE

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at General Motors in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very well structured process
Manager had a long experience within activity
Place I work was far from homeplace and distance did not worth the possibility of staying at local hotel
Looked for a near location what ended being the right choice at the time
I did not expected to be questioned on having any family or relatives working at gm

Interview Question – How to proceed on calculating a temperature exchange   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Far from home did not worth the possibility of staying in a local hotel

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – There's a phone interview, then an in person interview.

The in person interview has a few people interview you, including your hiring manager. Don't believe that is your permanent manager; my manager changed after a week, and other IT folk had their manager change only 2 weeks after hire.

Interview Question – They have some weird format they want you to answer in "what did you learn". So be prepared to explain that you learned something in every difficult previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I countered, and GM said no.

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Warren, MI

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – I was a freshman at the time and they hired me simply based off my resume, no hard questions.

Interview Question – What is a time you experienced a challenge and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Fuel Cell Analyst Interview

Fuel Cell Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details – Reviewed resume and asked specific questions about experience and current job situation. Reasons for leaving as well.

Interview Question – Reason for leaving current job   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in November 2013.

Interview Details – Easy going, laid back process. They asked the typical questions of "When have you been faced with a problem and how did you overcome it?"

Reason for Declining – I chose to go to a company where I was going to learn SharePoint Development

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Motors in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process took over 3 months...that was the worst part of the experience. Made me really want to work there. Great interviewers...up to the last interviewer which was awkward because he was clearly not up to speed as to how long and who I had spoken to.

Interview Question – Why are you here?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – Applied online and it hardly took couple of business days to get a call from HR, I was asked the routine questions like if I was willing to relocate, why was I looking for a change, what I was earning at my current job e.t.c and finally what I was expecting...and they said what I requested was in the pa range and they arranged me with an telephonic interview.

I get this call and before the interviewer gets technical he explains as to what he is looking for in the potential hire.

In the technical round I was asked all sorts of questions starting from basic to all the way to the architect level..was not very sure as to why I was asked architect/Lead level questions for a "Senior Developer" position? I thought may be he was just trying to know me or something but it turned out the HR had submitted me to Lead position without even my knowledge.

It would have been better on the HR part to submit for the position that I applied and this seems to me more intentional than accidental for reasons that I can suspect.

Interview Question – Questions that I was not expecting for the position that I have applied   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at General Motors in January 2010.

Interview Details – You will find that my expertise will be valuable