General Motors Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

2 interviews using STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating required.

Operations Research Professional Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI).

Interview

I applied through the INFORMS Career website. I was first interviewed by two Operations Research Directors and then I had an HR phone interview asking HR-related questions. Then there was a full day on-site interview, and that included 2 STAR interviews, technical interview, seminar. In the STAR interviews, I got two choose one from two questions for every question. Each STAR interview was about 1 hour. The technical seminar/presentation had a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Some STAR questions are difficult to answer unless prepared in advance.   1 Answer

Senior Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

The interview is a very elaborate process including presentations and technical rounds. The evaluation is fair and tough at the same time, The interviewers questions gives a good impression of the peers one would work with. It is a day long affair and if cleared is an enriching experience. It helps the interviewee also to understand if the fit is right.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

Interview

Multilevel interview process. 1. Talent Acquisition Phone Interview 2. Face to Face 6 hour interview process. First meet with HR for a presentation 3. First Interview (they want to learn how to learn and respond to situations - this is not a Q&A interview. This will last 45 minutes to 1 hour. 4. 2nd interviewer will come in and will ask completely different questions in this stage.

Interview Questions

• They would ask how you would change what you achieved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary - that was made clear early on in the process.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Design Sculptor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

-single interviews mostly to reveal personality and approach to problems. Group interview to address technical expertise. Group of people ask you job related questions as you present a portfolio..
    Overall it was very intimidating not really knowing any of the interviewers, later I realized that they were all easy going and I was really psyching myself out.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. One person asked a question the actually betrayed their ignorance of the subject they were supposed to be judging.   1 Answer
    • They ask what you would do if you thought you weren't gonna complete something on time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Downtown sends you an email...you accept or decline. It was pretty exciting, felt very much like winning something..

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Meet with HR for a 30 min review of benefits and overview of the company. Switched rooms and was interviewed by two lower level managers regarding my resume and past experience (this part of the process lasted 1 hour). After this section of the interview was over, two upper level managers entered the room and asked situation questions and a number of repetitive questions that were asked by the previous managers.

Interview Questions

• Some of the situation questions were difficult to answer because of how general the question was.   Answer Question

I didn't feel the job was a good fit for me after the interview.

Senior Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Very detailed around identifying the core competencies for employment

Interview Questions

• What was your thought process as of why you came to that decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Production Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors (Defiance, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I received a phone call from the talent aquisition team about two moths after I applied. A phone interview was conducted. The questions in the phone interview were very general interview questions. I was told my information would be forwarded over to the hiring manager. About a week later the same person called me back and said i had been selected to interview in person. The position I applied for was in another state. GM covered all expenses(flight,car,hotel,food). The only expense i paid was for gas and luggage. The interview was two hours in length. There were two teams of two and I spent an hour with each team. The questions were behavior styled question, tell me about a time when............

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you said something different to one person than to another, and this came back to haunt you   Answer Question

Client Engineering Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

I had three interviews. First one is the inital phone screen to see if you are viable candidate. Second one was another phone interview, primarily because the manager was in Michigan and I am here in Arizona. Third one was a Video conference interview with hiring managers. Loved the process.

Interview Questions

• The questions are Behavioral questions, they can be hard but if you are of genuine character then it will show.   Answer Question