General Motors

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors in February 2014.

Meet with HR for a 30 min review of benefits and overview of the company. Switched rooms and was interviewed by two lower level managers regarding my resume and past experience (this part of the process lasted 1 hour). After this section of the interview was over, two upper level managers entered the room and asked situation questions and a number of repetitive questions that were asked by the previous managers.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the situation questions were difficult to answer because of how general the question was.   Answer Question

I didn't feel the job was a good fit for me after the interview.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in November 2012.

Very detailed around identifying the core competencies for employment

Interview Questions
    • What was your thought process as of why you came to that decision?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Production Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Defiance, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Defiance, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in October 2013.

I applied for the position online. I received a phone call from the talent aquisition team about two moths after I applied. A phone interview was conducted. The questions in the phone interview were very general interview questions. I was told my information would be forwarded over to the hiring manager. About a week later the same person called me back and said i had been selected to interview in person. The position I applied for was in another state. GM covered all expenses(flight,car,hotel,food). The only expense i paid was for gas and luggage. The interview was two hours in length. There were two teams of two and I spent an hour with each team. The questions were behavior styled question, tell me about a time when............

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you said something different to one person than to another, and this came back to haunt you   Answer Question

Client Engineering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors.

I had three interviews. First one is the inital phone screen to see if you are viable candidate. Second one was another phone interview, primarily because the manager was in Michigan and I am here in Arizona. Third one was a Video conference interview with hiring managers. Loved the process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are Behavioral questions, they can be hard but if you are of genuine character then it will show.   Answer Question

Fraud Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in February 2010.

The process started with an employment publication and I identified the Audit Manager and sent a resume and cover letter. I then was called for an interview to the company. Then I went to the company for the interview

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging situation where fraud was involved that you encountered.   Answer Question

GM Dealer Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in May 2013.

Applied online and received a phone call from from a talent acquisition representative within 48 hours. The phone interview was about 20 minutes long and consisted of basic questions about my resume, work experience and salary/benefit expectations. I received another phone call from the same rep. the next day and he scheduled a face to face interview in Detroit for the following week. First part was a 30 minute orientation about GM and it's benefits etc. Second part was broken down into 2 separate hour long interviews. Each interview was with 2 managers. Interview questions were in the Lominger format but some of the questions would digress into questions about my resume and work experience. Each interviewer would constantly stop the cadence of the interview to write down notes as I answered each question. Know your resume and be prepared with different situations to base your answers on to avoid sounding repetitive. They will press you to elaborate extensively on some portions of your answers just to see how you respond to unanticipated questions. Overall a positive experience, interviewing managers are very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you employed rigorous logic to complete an assigned task?   Answer Question
    It was a generous offer with great benefits. I did not negotiate as it was beyond my salary requirements.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors in April 2013.

Why you want to work at GM, Why you are looking, overview of experience and several behavior based questions with 2 different managers. It was basically an hour with each manager. The feed back was quick. interviewed on Friday, regret email on Monday.

Dealership Sales Consultant Interview

Great experience, and just received a request for a background check verification.

Interviewers were extremely friendly and went into great depth with their questions. Their questions were very wide open so it was important to stay on topic and keep your answer relevant. Spend a lot of time preparing for interviews with this company.

Environmental Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at General Motors.

Initial phone interview questions were the standard questions about are you allowed to work in this country and do you live in commuting distance. Received invitation by phone for an interiew in Warren. The interview consisted of a 30 minute session about working for GM and small talk followed by two interviews that were one hour in length.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you got results even though some major factor changed such as budget cuts, competitor moves, or the market changed.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in June 2009.

Canned and very formatted questions.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions, your hardest challanges in your carreer.   Answer Question