General Motors Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a series of 4 interviews over a 3 1/2 period. The first was with the initial recruiter. The second was with a team leader in the department. Third was a video conference with hiring manager and another senior person. Up to this point it's been the standard STAR questions that everybody else has reported. The fourth interview was similar to the 3rd but was over the phone and was much more technical. They asked about Java reflections, can you override a overloaded method etc. I don't remember anyone else describing a hard Java grilling. But obviously I didn't do well because the next day I got a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you or someone on your team failed and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Over the phone about past work experience multiple questions about how you handled them and what was the results and outcome of how you solved the problem and what steps you taken to solve the process

Interview Questions

• Just general questions about past work experiences and how I handled them   Answer Question

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Motors (Kansas City, KS) in August 2012.

Interview

Complete application and if selected come back for a hands on practical test to see if it is something you would be okay doing. once you pass the practical your in as long as you can pass the background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a felony in the last seven years?   1 Answer

IT Services Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an online interview over skype. Lasted approx 1 hour. Good experience, thought it was a bit long. Alot of behavioural questions and not technical ones ( which i Studied for)

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about youselfA 2. What differentiates you 3. A time when you took a risk   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Comfortable interview in relaxed setting. Met with 4 Managers two at a time. Asked 10 preset questions and technical inquiry. Lasted 4 hours. Lominger style questions, look them up online to prepare yourself for correct answer structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't agree with your boss. Tell me a time when you couldn't understand a foreigner on the other end of the telephone   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate! Was able to get more money and more vacation but no signing bonus. Would have taken their original offer though as their offer was fair.

Not Specified Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Two 45 min. interviews at my college. I was not told what the position would be. They got back to me in about two weeks and gave me 2 weeks to respond to the offer. The offer was not negotiable as it was online.

Interview Questions

• They asked to give an example of an algorithm to sort a list of numbers in ascending order   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview and selection process was slow and cumbersome. Bureaucratic and took a long time to gain closure from one to to another. A lot of interest in "who you know" vs what you know

General Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

You will receive (1st) call to verify personal information (2nd) A call to set up phone interview (3rd) The phone interview and a (4th) call to notify you of the Testing day witch has a written test and an assembly test if passed you will than receive (5th) call for job offer.

Interview Questions

• If you and four other workers had a subassembly for construct and one of your co-workers was having difficulty keeping up what would you do? 1. Let them fall behind . 2.Tell your supervisor. (3) Help them to catch up to complete the job on time.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors in October 2013.

Interview

For interns GM had a booth at the career expo. I wrote my name on a list for an on campus interview and had a 30 minute interview. Heard back that I was hired and that was all before I started working.

Design Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 2-hour long video interview. The managers described who they are and what they do First. Then I did my self-introduction. Apparently they have a list of questions they have to go through with every interviewees and no one of them is extremely hard. Read what others say on glassdoor because basically all the questions are covered here.

Interview Questions

• Is there a time you have to challenge your supervisor?   Answer Question