General Motors

2.8

Purchasing Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

30 minute phone interview- asked about my former job duties and why did I leave. Asked if I had worked for GM before; why would I want to work there; what do I under about the job that I applied for and what do I think about GM. After the phone interview they send your resume off to the hiring manager to see if he would want to interview you.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in October 2014.

Met recruiters through school career fair. Had a short (30m) interview the following day on campus. Basic behavioral questions - "why did you pick your school?"; "why computer science?"; "tell me about a time..." Many STAR interview type questions - recruiters interested in how you applied classroom knowledge. Had a second round interview which was effectively more of the first, also short, and also on campus. Got an offer about 2 weeks later.

Two weeks to accept offer. Still in process of negotiation, but I plan to accept regardless.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors in September 2014.

Met recruiters at Career Fair and scheduled interview for the next day. Next day interview was composed of behavioral questions. At the end of this interview, I was told I would be invited back for a more technical interview, which we scheduled for the next day. This interview was much of the same thing, but included a simple technical question.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you have failed, and what did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Their initial offer was lower than I could accept. The lack of organization going from interviews to offer was also a big red flag for me. They claim to be improving processes, but it seems as though they are throwing the cheapest bodies they can at problems.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors in March 2010.

Job posting, application, telephone interview... Another "live" interview. Final, third, with hiring manager. One hour conversation about experience, practical knowledge and about how am I dealing with issues. Be prepared for the questions related to your job routine.

Interview Questions
    • why do you think to be the right person for this position? It's the common one but it brings tha main points.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in March 2013.

The hiring process consisted of 2 interviews. The first one was behavioral and the second one was technical. Many others did not take the technical interview if they came from a college in their recruiting list.

Interview Questions
    • It was data base related. It was hard for me as my background is in computer engineering not computer science.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I should have.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in October 2014.

Behavioral. STAR format. Interviewers were very nice and casual. Second round interview was also similar but just longer. Took only about a week to get my second offer. Took about two weeks to get an offer after the second interview.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors.

I interviewed on campus after applying on my school's online application program. Interview was structured around STAR process. Professional interviewer who was very passionate about GM. GM also held a study break on campus that was very well done.

Design Release Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at General Motors.

So far I had a phone interview after talking to a recruiter at a career fair. It consisted of four "Tell me about a time when..." questions. I now have an on sight interview scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you got results that were way greater than you expected.   Answer Question

Entry Level IT Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors.

I met with a recruiter at a job fair and applied through my school's career website. I got an email from that site saying that GM approved me for an interview, so I scheduled a time. They had two guys interview me because they wanted to make 2 interviews into one interview.

Interview Questions
    • One question was describe a situation where you had to try to complete a task twice because you didn't get it right the first time.   Answer Question

GET Mechanical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors.

First a list of student was sent to the company with their marks for each semester.Students with active backlogs are not allowed. Once the company arrived. There was a written technical and aptitude round. 60 minutes of 30 technical and 30 aptitude question. Technical questions were mainly from automobile engineering, strength of materials, heat transfer, thermodynamics and material science. 34 students appeared for the written round. 19 were selected. 3 departments were offered. Engine design, Transmission design and vehicle CAE. Once you have chosen the list is made for technical interviews. There were 7 students for vehicle CAE. Questions started with tell me about yourself, projects, etc. Braking force calculations, difference between double wishbone and mcpherson strut suspension. shear stress, von mises stress, principal stress. Bending monent diagrams, etc. It lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what is G force and what are different g forces for different kind of situations in cars (like impact and all)?   Answer Question