General Motors Interview Questions

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2014.

Mostly reviewing your resume and some STAR behavioral questions. Know your experiences and have some good stories to talk about and be detailed. The interviewers were all friendly and easy to talk to. Aside for the normal nervousness, it was very comfortable. To help me with the phone interviews, I had a sticky note of all of my past experiences that I might want to touch on. It helped

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult, just some unexpected behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Negotiating is only based on prior experience. They have a flat offer, and then bump for any professional experience you've had. Make sure you make all of your experience clear!

Senior Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at General Motors in March 2014.

I applied twice online 100 days prior to my face-to-face interview. I received a call from a recruiter who set up a phone interview that lasted 1 hour. Then, I was called to the Roswell, GA "Innovation Center" for a video presentation, then back-to-back interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation where you had to react, and make amends. What did you learn from the situation.   View Answer

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at General Motors.

2 interviews using STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    No negotiating required.

Java/.NET Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2014.

Started with 1 phone interview with a developer. The phone interview had a few Java basics questions, and the rest were behavioral questions. They contacted me the next day to set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was 2 hours long. The first interviewer was a (different) developer, and the second was the hiring manager. This interview was strictly behavioral. The questions in both interviews were almost identical.

Interview Questions

The salary they offered was much lower than industry standards. They would not negotiate.

Production Supervisor Interview

Started by applying, and in couple weeks got phone call for first interview, Had another phone interview, they flew me in to interview and gave me rooms. Went in for 2 hours for interview. They used the starl format.

Research and Development Researcher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in February 2014.

Had a prescreening at a University career fair. That was followed up by a one-hour phone-interview from Michigan. Was contacted about 3 weeks later via email from HR.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very behavioral based. Examples: (1a)Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new. (1b) What did you learn from this experience. (2a) What did you do in your field to stay up to date. (2b) (2b) What did you learn from this experience. (3a) Tell me about a time when you had to meet an unexpected deadline. (3b) What did you do, how did you react, and what did you learn from this experience. They also asked me about my interests and the type of groups that I would like to work with at GM.   Answer Question

Senior Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2014.

First they emailed me stating that they want to talk to me, I gave them time. When they called me, all of sudden it was phone technical interview.They asked very very simple technical questions on phone interview. I was surprised as it was unexpected. I gave them phone interview anyway, and it was lasted 45 minutes. After 2 hours, they really liked in phone interview and they want to proceed with face to face. They scheduled day and time with me. During face to face interview, they asked 99% behavioral questions. I was surprised.

Interview Questions
    • All Behaviour question and none technical questions even though this position is Programmer position   Answer Question

Agile Process Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warren, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in January 2011.

The interview process is easy because it is done at a department level. You'll get a response from HR and be interviewed by someone desperate to fill a job. Personality match the untrained interviewer and you are in.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interviewer asked nothing relevant.   View Answer
    GM does not negotiate. Offers are take it or leave it.

Connected Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at General Motors in January 2014.

Process was fair and moved very quickly

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

phone interview, 2 face to face interviews with 2 individuals both times.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to question someone of higher authority.   Answer Question