General Motors Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.8

Dealership Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Great experience, and just received a request for a background check verification. Interviewers were extremely friendly and went into great depth with their questions. Their questions were very wide open so it was important to stay on topic and keep your answer relevant. Spend a lot of time preparing for interviews with this company.

Client Engineering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

I had three interviews. First one is the inital phone screen to see if you are viable candidate. Second one was another phone interview, primarily because the manager was in Michigan and I am here in Arizona. Third one was a Video conference interview with hiring managers. Loved the process.

Interview Questions

• The questions are Behavioral questions, they can be hard but if you are of genuine character then it will show.   Answer Question

Fraud Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

The process started with an employment publication and I identified the Audit Manager and sent a resume and cover letter. I then was called for an interview to the company. Then I went to the company for the interview

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation where fraud was involved that you encountered.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

My interview process was quick, because I had an offer from another company when I interviewed with GM. I got a call and asked if I was still interested in a position. Then my interview was set up for the end of the week and I met with two people who were apart of the department I was interviewing for. Then the middle of the next week I had the job offer. It was really quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• They asked all situational questions then you had to discuss the outcome of that situation and how it effects your current decisions. For example, explain a time when you made a choice where you didn't have enough information. Then, what was the outcome of not having enough information for your decision and now how do you no approach information based decisions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

Two interviews. Both phone. Was instructed to answer questions using the STAR method. There were several members of the recruiting committee on the call. Applied through a college posting. They required previous internships, a 3.0 GPA.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

Interview

Multilevel interview process. 1. Talent Acquisition Phone Interview 2. Face to Face 6 hour interview process. First meet with HR for a presentation 3. First Interview (they want to learn how to learn and respond to situations - this is not a Q&A interview. This will last 45 minutes to 1 hour. 4. 2nd interviewer will come in and will ask completely different questions in this stage.

Interview Questions

• They would ask how you would change what you achieved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary - that was made clear early on in the process.

Materials Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted initially by an HR representative. We talked for about 20 minutes during which he asked questions such as "Why GM? What do you know about the position for which you're applying? How did your education prepare you for this job? What makes you a good fit for this position? What was your previous salary? What is your desired salary?, etc. The second contact was with two team leaders, during which they asked several questions pertaining to my background and what I would be able to bring to the table. Their questions were to be answered in the following format: What Action did you take? What was your Thought Process? What was the Outcome? What did you Learn? What is an example of an Application of what you learned in a different setting? The interview lasted about an hour and a half, after which I asked questions pertaining to the company and the position for about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider to be the biggest problem facing corrosion engineers in the automotive industry?   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

GM hires great talent in their treasury team and is a great place to build your career. Having said that the interview process is very technical. Expect to get asked detailed valuation questions as well as other corporate finance questions. One should prepare for this interview like a banking interview

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

The interview is a very elaborate process including presentations and technical rounds. The evaluation is fair and tough at the same time, The interviewers questions gives a good impression of the peers one would work with. It is a day long affair and if cleared is an enriching experience. It helps the interviewee also to understand if the fit is right.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

3 Phone interviews. The experience was very good, the recruiter did a skills review and explained clearly what the process will be like if I got shortlisted. Got interviewed by the Hiring manager. A few weeks later got interviewed by other members in the team. Overall experience was very good, I felt they wanted to respect my time and be decisive on whether they want me or not. Some other companies make you go through multiple frustrating interview loops. So far I can say GM has a lot of class and looks like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions. The answers did require a mix of people skills and technical understanding of the tools and technologies used in the team and ability to come up with solutions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took the offer.