General Motors Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.8

Associate Creative Designer Interview

Recruited during school, brought in for interview with executive leaders, offered job on the spot. They were ready to hire based on three years of design relationship building during school. Not sure of process beyond that.

Process Engineer Interview

callback interview after a job fair, followed by a phone interview, then a site visit and tour, then in person on site interviews, each in person interview was 3 interviews in a row with two people each time, the first round was with the engineering lead and another higher up, you will never see these people again most likely, the second round was with two people from the dept youre hiring into, like a shift lead and a busniess manager, the last round is with your hiring manager and whoever the second in charge after him

Interview Questions
    • pretty standard stuff, they follow the "star method" situation or task, action you took, results you achieved   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

A 1-to-1 behavior interview over the phone. It's following the STAR approach typically used in behavior interviews. You need to give examples for each questions they asked. The interview lasted about an hour long.

Design Release Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at General Motors.

Got an on-site interview right off the bat. Interviewed with about 5 other DRE's and they all wanted to hire me. They asked about my past experiences and how it'll translate into my new role

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors.

Excellent work culture. Hiring is done through a day long interview with multiple leaders and a technical presentation to the relevant team. Interview is well thought out, carried out with certain amount of respect and dignity. The interview s relate to your ability and preparedness to carry to certain tasks and certainly not to check your bookish knowledge. Quite friendly atmosphere. Lots of background pre-interview collection of data is done.

Aftersales Engineering Interview

1.submitting CV thru 3rd party job opening website
    2. receiving calls from HR and doing a short interview on the phone
    3. interviewing the line manager and HRPR
    - CV review
    - Motivation, experience, interests, future career plan, etc.
    - Job description introduction
    4. getting offer

Interview Questions
    • how satisfied would you be if you get this job offer, rank it from 0 -10   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at General Motors.

Had an initial discussion with a manager who requested that I submit my resume online.
    I posted my Resume on the company job website and I am still awaiting an interview.

Facilities Engineering Interview

Met the plant manager at a casting coference and was contacted later to see if I was interested in a job. Following the initial contact HR then approached me with a summer intern position. They offered a salary of $4800 a month plus provided a moving bonus as well as paying for a fully furnished apartment.

Interview Questions
    • Did not formally interview went out to dinner with plant manager which could be viewed as an informal behavioral interview   Answer Question
    The offer was non-negotiable as it is the standard rate for a graduate level intern position.

IT Interview

The interview process at GM was very smooth interview process and quick response as well. There was only 1 round of interviews and it lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview, they made an offer within 3 weeks. All the interviewers were very friendly and quick when communicating through email.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It is the salary they pay all interns in IT

Infrastructure Architect Interview

I applied online at gm.com and was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an onsite interview. The interview began with an HR representative giving an overview of the company and benefits. After that, I interviewed one-on-one with the hiring manager followed by another one-on-one interview with the technical team lead.

Interview Questions
    • You may be asked questions about the company's products and brands.   Answer Question