General Motors Interview Questions

2.8

Purchasing Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

30 minute phone interview- asked about my former job duties and why did I leave. Asked if I had worked for GM before; why would I want to work there; what do I under about the job that I applied for and what do I think about GM. After the phone interview they send your resume off to the hiring manager to see if he would want to interview you.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors.

I interviewed on campus after applying on my school's online application program. Interview was structured around STAR process. Professional interviewer who was very passionate about GM. GM also held a study break on campus that was very well done.

Entry Level IT Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors.

I met with a recruiter at a job fair and applied through my school's career website. I got an email from that site saying that GM approved me for an interview, so I scheduled a time. They had two guys interview me because they wanted to make 2 interviews into one interview.

Interview Questions
    • One question was describe a situation where you had to try to complete a task twice because you didn't get it right the first time.   Answer Question

Design Release Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at General Motors.

So far I had a phone interview after talking to a recruiter at a career fair. It consisted of four "Tell me about a time when..." questions. I now have an on sight interview scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you got results that were way greater than you expected.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

On Campus Interview. This was an initial behavioral interview with two company representatives. Questions were typical STAR format and were clearly standardized. Interviewers took notes on responses. This interview led to an additional interview with hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all typical "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

Got contacted by recruiting coordinator for an interview the very next day because GM was visiting campus anyways. The interview was a behavioral type. They asked many questions of the type- Tell me a time when you showed leadership experience, one of your decision went wrong. How was the learning experience? How was the result? How did others respond etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to disagree with your senior.   Answer Question

IT Interview

The interview process at GM was very smooth interview process and quick response as well. There was only 1 round of interviews and it lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview, they made an offer within 3 weeks. All the interviewers were very friendly and quick when communicating through email.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It is the salary they pay all interns in IT

Infrastructure Architect Interview

I applied online at gm.com and was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an onsite interview. The interview began with an HR representative giving an overview of the company and benefits. After that, I interviewed one-on-one with the hiring manager followed by another one-on-one interview with the technical team lead.

Interview Questions
    • You may be asked questions about the company's products and brands.   Answer Question

Facilities Engineering Interview

Met the plant manager at a casting coference and was contacted later to see if I was interested in a job. Following the initial contact HR then approached me with a summer intern position. They offered a salary of $4800 a month plus provided a moving bonus as well as paying for a fully furnished apartment.

Interview Questions
    • Did not formally interview went out to dinner with plant manager which could be viewed as an informal behavioral interview   Answer Question
    The offer was non-negotiable as it is the standard rate for a graduate level intern position.

Product Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors in October 2014.

Got an interview through a recruiting company the process took two days. Had a phone interview with GM manager and it was very relaxed and short she simply asked me about my background and if I enjoyed designing. 30 min after the interview, I got a call saying they wanted to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult as I said it was quite relaxed and somewhat informal.   Answer Question
    None