General Motors Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I met a college recruiter through a career expo at my univesity. We set up a time for me to interview after 10 - 15 minutes of conversation. I was getting an interview with a manager at one of there plants. This person was different that the one who initially interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time where you had to learn something quickly 2. Tell me a time where you had to use incomplete data to perform task 3. Tell me a time where you exceeded your own expectations   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in October 2014.

Interview

Behavioral. STAR format. Interviewers were very nice and casual. Second round interview was also similar but just longer. Took only about a week to get my second offer. Took about two weeks to get an offer after the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Motors (Pontiac, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Three separate interviews with 2 people each that took the entire day. Intense headache afterwards. Each session asked the same questions so I had to concentrate to make sure that I responded accordingly. I suppose that was a way to make sure that what I said is truthful. Nevertheless, an intense headache was present after the interviews were complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Motors (Parma, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Very easy behavioral interview. Basic questions included geographical questions.

( Manufacturing Engineer ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madīnat Sittah Uktūbar (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Madīnat Sittah Uktūbar (Egypt)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was on 3 phases: English Test, HR interview, Technical Interview. The English Test and the HR interview were mainly to measure your English level and your personality. The Technical interview was a little bit difficult. Most questions was about Lean manufacturing, Six sigma and Quality charts.

Interview Questions

• What is lean manufacturing ? and the 7 wastes ?   Answer Question
    • What is 5s and how to implement it ?   1 Answer