General Motors Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.8

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in October 2014.

Interview

Behavioral. STAR format. Interviewers were very nice and casual. Second round interview was also similar but just longer. Took only about a week to get my second offer. Took about two weeks to get an offer after the second interview.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I met a college recruiter through a career expo at my univesity. We set up a time for me to interview after 10 - 15 minutes of conversation. I was getting an interview with a manager at one of there plants. This person was different that the one who initially interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time where you had to learn something quickly
         2. Tell me a time where you had to use incomplete data to perform task
         3. Tell me a time where you exceeded your own expectations

Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors (Parma, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Very easy behavioral interview. Basic questions included geographical questions.

( Manufacturing Engineer ) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Madīnat Sittah Uktūbar (Egypt)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was on 3 phases: English Test, HR interview, Technical Interview.
    The English Test and the HR interview were mainly to measure your English level and your personality.
    The Technical interview was a little bit difficult. Most questions was about Lean manufacturing, Six sigma and Quality charts.

Interview Questions

• What is lean manufacturing ? and the 7 wastes ?   Answer Question
    • What is 5s and how to implement it ?   1 Answer