General Motors Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

the process started with a behavioral interview. The interviewer seemed interested but rushed at the same time like he had heard it all before. There were only three questions and it seemed like it didn't really get the entire picture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

It was a very friendly and casual interview. All of the questions asked were in the STAR format. The only step in the interview process was an approximately 30 minute phone interview.

Change of major

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed for the powertrain engineering position at the powertrain facility in Pontiac. There was a phone interview then they flew me into Michigan for the second interview. Both interviews were more behavioral than technical, which seemed odd. The second round interviews were with two different managers, both were about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone who was not of the same culture/country   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Motors (Pontiac, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by a hiring manager and asked a series of background and employment eligibility questions. Later, I had two interviews with engineering managers in various groups. The interview questions were largely behavioral/situational in nature. I was offered a position the following week. Both a hiring manager and engineering group manager contacted me the same week.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you made a decision that you later regretted.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

It was fairly easy interview. HR round was a cake walk. Technical round involved 3 levels with third being toughest. They asked me indepth knowledge of IC engines.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ingersoll, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Ingersoll, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially I was required to send my resume, cover letter and transcript. I received the interview call through my University (UOIT) as well and the interview was on campus as well. The interview was about an hour with a two person panel. Several questions were asked relative to resume experience. Some of the behavioral questions were also crafted from the resume. No technical or as such difficult questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly behavioral questions, with cliche questions like, what would you do if you are assigned with multiple tasks and What relative experience and skills do you have for this position.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Motors in July 2010.

Interview

There is a phone interview last one hour. They asked my background.