General Motors Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pontiac, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at General Motors in April 2012.

Initially, I was contacted by a hiring manager and asked a series of background and employment eligibility questions. Later, I had two interviews with engineering managers in various groups. The interview questions were largely behavioral/situational in nature. I was offered a position the following week. Both a hiring manager and engineering group manager contacted me the same week.

Interview Questions
  • Name a situation where you made a decision that you later regretted.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in July 2010.

There is a phone interview last one hour. They asked my background.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ingersoll, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ingersoll, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in January 2012.

Initially I was required to send my resume, cover letter and transcript. I received the interview call through my University (UOIT) as well and the interview was on campus as well. The interview was about an hour with a two person panel. Several questions were asked relative to resume experience. Some of the behavioral questions were also crafted from the resume. No technical or as such difficult questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was mostly behavioral questions, with cliche questions like, what would you do if you are assigned with multiple tasks and What relative experience and skills do you have for this position.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I interviewed for the powertrain engineering position at the powertrain facility in Pontiac. There was a phone interview then they flew me into Michigan for the second interview. Both interviews were more behavioral than technical, which seemed odd. The second round interviews were with two different managers, both were about an hour long.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone who was not of the same culture/country   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

It was fairly easy interview. HR round was a cake walk. Technical round involved 3 levels with third being toughest. They asked me indepth knowledge of IC engines.

Interview Questions

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!