General Motors Interview Questions in Michigan

2.8

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in July 2014.

Called by a recruiter to set up interview. Then onsite interview with senior and manager. They asked behavioral questions as well as a couple technical questions regarding the position. They will not send a regret candidate email. If you don't hear from them within a month then move on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had difficulty working with someone   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I was a freshman at the time and they hired me simply based off my resume, no hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you experienced a challenge and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in April 2014.

Pleasant interviewers (4 in two sessions) but they read questions prepared by a consulting/testing company that usually causes qualified candidates to be rejected. Same stubborn, muleheaded company that went bankrupt before.

Interview Questions
    • If you told a lie and were called on it, how would you react?   View Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

interviewed at General Motors in April 2014.

It was only a phone interview and they wanted me to relocate I decided not to persue but the interview went well and was professional

Operations Research Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors.

I applied through the INFORMS Career website. I was first interviewed by two Operations Research Directors and then I had an HR phone interview asking HR-related questions. Then there was a full day on-site interview, and that included 2 STAR interviews, technical interview, seminar. In the STAR interviews, I got two choose one from two questions for every question. Each STAR interview was about 1 hour. The technical seminar/presentation had a lot of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some STAR questions are difficult to answer unless prepared in advance.   View Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at General Motors.

Through a recruiter at Aerotek I was contacted to go in for an interview with GM. I arrived at the GM headquarters in downtown and was lead to 17th floor after checking with the front desk. I was given a tour of where I would be working as I entered and exited. The questions they asked were simple and standard.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors in February 2014.

Meet with HR for a 30 min review of benefits and overview of the company. Switched rooms and was interviewed by two lower level managers regarding my resume and past experience (this part of the process lasted 1 hour). After this section of the interview was over, two upper level managers entered the room and asked situation questions and a number of repetitive questions that were asked by the previous managers.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the situation questions were difficult to answer because of how general the question was.   Answer Question

I didn't feel the job was a good fit for me after the interview.

Connected Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in January 2014.

Process was fair and moved very quickly

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in January 2014.

The process took over 3 months...that was the worst part of the experience. Made me really want to work there. Great interviewers...up to the last interviewer which was awkward because he was clearly not up to speed as to how long and who I had spoken to.

Aero CFD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in November 2013.

On-campus behavioral interview after career fair. Invited for onsite interview a month later. Onsite consisted of another behavioral interview, a semi-technical interview with hiring manager, then tour of the facilities and lunch with current aero engineers. Very comfortable and enjoyable interview process, and the process is very streamlined through human resources.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you experienced conflict with a co-worker and what steps did you take to resolve the issue.   View Answer