Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors
- Software Developer (41)
- Engineer (24)
- Intern (12)
- Design Release Engineer (8)
- IT Analyst (7)
- Financial Analyst (6)
- Engineering (6)
- Mechanical Engineer (6)
- Validation Engineer (5)
- Project Manager (5)
- Finance Analyst (5)
- Associate Software Developer (5)
- Software Engineer (5)
- Business Analyst (5)
- IT (4)
- Finance (4)
- Project Engineer (4)
- Controls Engineer (4)
- Senior Financial Analyst (4)
- Design Engineer (4)
- Process Engineer (4)
- Production Supervisor (4)
- Data Analyst (4)
- District Sales Manager (3)
- Engineering Intern (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Product Engineer (3)
- CAE Engineer (3)
- Manufacturing Engineer (3)
- Senior Buyer (3)
Process Engineer Interview
callback interview after a job fair, followed by a phone interview, then a site visit and tour, then in person on site interviews, each in person interview was 3 interviews in a row with two people each time, the first round was with the engineering lead and another higher up, you will never see these people again most likely, the second round was with two people from the dept youre hiring into, like a shift lead and a busniess manager, the last round is with your hiring manager and whoever the second in charge after him
- pretty standard stuff, they follow the "star method" situation or task, action you took, results you achieved Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for General Motors
Process Engineer InterviewAccepted Offer
phone interview, 2 face to face interviews with 2 individuals both times.
- Describe a time you had to question someone of higher authority. Answer Question
Process Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in February 2014.
Meet with HR for a 30 min review of benefits and overview of the company. Switched rooms and was interviewed by two lower level managers regarding my resume and past experience (this part of the process lasted 1 hour). After this section of the interview was over, two upper level managers entered the room and asked situation questions and a number of repetitive questions that were asked by the previous managers.
- Some of the situation questions were difficult to answer because of how general the question was. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I didn't feel the job was a good fit for me after the interview.
Process Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day – interviewed at General Motors in March 2010.
Sent company my resure and was called to come to work after sending info to Aerotek and getting hiring process done through them. after that went on a plant tour and started week after.
- Would you be willing to work as a contract worker since this company is in closed status and you are not elgiable to be hired full time. 1 Answer
there was no negotiation, they said take it or leave it.