General Motors

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at General Motors in November 2014.

Went through staffing agent. Uploaded resume and received call immediately because of background. Set up time to do phone interview the next day. Staffing agent was very helpful...shared interview tips and what to expect.
Face to face interview: Behavioral based questions. Looking for strong demonstration of leadership skills and definitive examples of results. Conflict resolution in union shop. Meet in separate conference rooms with department heads.
Expectations: Rotation of shifts every 3 mos. very visible on shop floor. Center manager doesn't want to hear the problem, but you're doing about the situation. Keep management updated on his situation is progressing.

Interview Questions
  • Long interview process witn each department heads. Tell me a time you failed? What did you learn or what would you do differently? Tell me a time you dealt with team members who didn't get along? Want very concise examples that demonstrate leadership style and how you got results.
    Just stay with STAR method but paint a clear picture.

Answer Question
Contract work (long-term)

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in October 2013.

I applied for the position online. I received a phone call from the talent aquisition team about two moths after I applied. A phone interview was conducted. The questions in the phone interview were very general interview questions. I was told my information would be forwarded over to the hiring manager. About a week later the same person called me back and said i had been selected to interview in person. The position I applied for was in another state. GM covered all expenses(flight,car,hotel,food). The only expense i paid was for gas and luggage. The interview was two hours in length. There were two teams of two and I spent an hour with each team. The questions were behavior styled question, tell me about a time when............

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you said something different to one person than to another, and this came back to haunt you   Answer Question

Production Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in May 2014.

I applied through a co-op office and received a call for interview within a week. The 30 minute interview was conducted by 2 interviewers at the company. Interview begins with general description of the company, as well as some brief questions to assess your work elegibility. They then move on to 3 behavioural questions that are tied to the position, and must be answered in Situation-Task-Action-Result format. Conclude with a Q&A session.

Accepted another position as part of my co-op program.