General Motors Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Very limited on time. Interviewed in the main cafeteria which made me feel unimportant. The interviewers only focused on my availability and not much time on actual experience. I felt like I was rushed to answer questions. Plus I was not given much time to ask questions of my own regarding workplace environment, work schedule, workload, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

GM has outsourced the candidate screening process and HR is still ironing out the bugs. The interview preparation instructions stated to record the responses to questions. HR was unsure of what to instruct candidates to bring a video or a typed presentation. The interviews were one hour sessions with the Global Program Manager and the Engineering Manager. The questions were STAR format behavioral focused.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where a team member chooses not to participate in meetings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Behavior Questions - Two one hours sessions with two different hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in September 2009.

Interview

Two interviews, both superficial. I was promoted into this position, by my manager, which included a 90 second phone call; anticlimactic.

Interview Questions

• More of a conversational interview; nothing technical - funny, as it was a technical position   Answer Question

Negotiation

3 rounds of negotiation; 10% increase to base salary; an additional week of holiday