Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors
- Software Developer (48)
- Engineer (24)
- Intern (12)
- Design Release Engineer (8)
- IT Analyst (7)
- Financial Analyst (6)
- Controls Engineer (6)
- Engineering (6)
- Mechanical Engineer (6)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Validation Engineer (5)
- Senior Financial Analyst (5)
- Project Manager (5)
- Finance (5)
- Finance Analyst (5)
- Associate Software Developer (5)
- Software Engineer (5)
- IT (4)
- Team Leader (4)
- Project Engineer (4)
- Manufacturing Engineer (4)
- Design Engineer (4)
- Process Engineer (4)
- Program Manager (4)
- Data Analyst (4)
- Production Supervisor (4)
- Production Group Leader (3)
- Connected Customer Specialist (3)
- District Sales Manager (3)
- Engineering Intern (3)
Program Manager Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2015.
Very limited on time. Interviewed in the main cafeteria which made me feel unimportant. The interviewers only focused on my availability and not much time on actual experience. I felt like I was rushed to answer questions. Plus I was not given much time to ask questions of my own regarding workplace environment, work schedule, workload, etc.
- How do you handle stress and criticism? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for General Motors
Program Manager InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in December 2014.
GM has outsourced the candidate screening process and HR is still ironing out the bugs. The interview preparation instructions stated to record the responses to questions. HR was unsure of what to instruct candidates to bring a video or a typed presentation. The interviews were one hour sessions with the Global Program Manager and the Engineering Manager. The questions were STAR format behavioral focused.
- How did you handle a situation where a team member chooses not to participate in meetings? Answer Question
Program Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in August 2013.
Behavior Questions - Two one hours sessions with two different hiring managers.
- Explain how you handled a risky supplier. Answer Question
Program Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in September 2009.
Two interviews, both superficial. I was promoted into this position, by my manager, which included a 90 second phone call; anticlimactic.
- More of a conversational interview; nothing technical - funny, as it was a technical position Answer Question
3 rounds of negotiation; 10% increase to base salary; an additional week of holiday