General Motors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer
Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in June 2013.

Interview Details – FAST-By all accounts! Applied online on 6/6/2013. Within an hour after I applied, I was contacted for a phone screen. We walked through my resume, typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. We talked salary. Then I was advised of a hiring event in Warren on 6/29. Then I was contact about 2 weeks later that I would be interviewing. Among my best interview performance of my life! I was made an offer the following Monday.

Negotiation Details – None. GM typically does not negotiate. Whatever the $$number was pre-interview is what they will offer. I have heard twice where an applicant mentioned another employer offer as way to negotiate, & GM declined. I pushed the phone interview person hard to max my number.

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer
Detroit, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very detailed around identifying the core competencies for employment

Interview Question – What was your thought process as of why you came to that decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!