General Motors Senior Buyer Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

FAST-By all accounts! Applied online on 6/6/2013. Within an hour after I applied, I was contacted for a phone screen. We walked through my resume, typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. We talked salary. Then I was advised of a hiring event in Warren on 6/29. Then I was contact about 2 weeks later that I would be interviewing. Among my best interview performance of my life! I was made an offer the following Monday.

Negotiation

None. GM typically does not negotiate. Whatever the $$number was pre-interview is what they will offer. I have heard twice where an applicant mentioned another employer offer as way to negotiate, & GM declined. I pushed the phone interview person hard to max my number.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Resume submitted on line.2-3 weeks there after received Phone screening call, which later was followed by 2 panel interviews. Heard back the results in 3-4 weeks. Interview held in friendly environment.

Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Very detailed around identifying the core competencies for employment

Interview Questions

• What was your thought process as of why you came to that decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation