General Motors

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors in June 2013.

FAST-By all accounts! Applied online on 6/6/2013. Within an hour after I applied, I was contacted for a phone screen. We walked through my resume, typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. We talked salary. Then I was advised of a hiring event in Warren on 6/29. Then I was contact about 2 weeks later that I would be interviewing. Among my best interview performance of my life! I was made an offer the following Monday.

None. GM typically does not negotiate. Whatever the $$number was pre-interview is what they will offer. I have heard twice where an applicant mentioned another employer offer as way to negotiate, & GM declined. I pushed the phone interview person hard to max my number.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in November 2012.

Very detailed around identifying the core competencies for employment

Interview Questions
    • What was your thought process as of why you came to that decision?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation