General Motors Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was about an hour and had mostly typical HR questions. Tell me about a time and so on. Interviewers were polite and seemed easy going walked out feeling more like having left a meeting with a boss rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in February 2015.

Interview

There was a phone screening first, nothing technical. Then two interviews after that. Both in person interviews were mostly behavioral questions, pretty much "Tell me about a time when...". Both interviewers were very nice and answered any questions that I had. There were also a couple of recruiters there to cover basics about benefits/days off/etc...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem and didn't immediately know how to solve it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

They had two people interview me, it lasted around 2 hours. I believe it was 45 minutes for each individual and the last minutes left to ask questions. They had packets to with a ton of questions to ask me about, so that was the reason the interview took so long.

Interview Questions

• It was most behavioral questions that focused on teamwork. They are looking for people that can work in a team. Most difficult question: "How did you deal with someone that was not doing their work? How did you handle the situation? What would you change?"   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors in November 2014.

Interview

3 interviews all behavior based. Theres a phone screening too. I thought i had done bad but i guess not because i got an offer. Thanks to my family and God!

Application

Interview

First had phone interview which consisted of questions about my resume and some situational questions. Second, had an on campus interview which followed the before mentioned structure, but they went a little deeper.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you approached it incorrectly. What did you do to correct it what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation really. I was quite happy with the starting salary. Eligible for raises every 6 mos.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Took about 4 weeks. I got met GM at a career fair. They scheduled an interview for the same day. and they only asked behavioral questions. About a week later I received a call and they scheduled a phone screen. Again, only behavioral questions. Then I received another call from HR. They said they want to give me an offer and I could choose between 3 locations. I had to wait few weeks to actually get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What type of people you don't like to work with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through college - Its all behavioral interview questions - different situation you faced in past and how did you handle it. There was no single technical question. Overall it was really easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Its all behavioral interview questions - different situation you faced in past and how did you handle it. How do you keep yourself up to date with changing technologies.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school website and got an on campus interview that was 1 hour and 30 minutes long. It consisted of two back to back interviews that were 45 minutes each. They were mostly behavioral questions and maybe a few technical questions based on what was on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to give up something   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Flagstaff, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through our career fair. I had back to back interviews and got offered the job a month after. My interviewer was really helpful and asked me additional requirements (if it were to happen) why my gpa would go down.

Software Developer? Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Roswell, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out a pre-application at a career, didnt think much of it. A week or so later I got an email telling me to show up at 7:45 the next morning for a "final interview". I guess they like you to be unprepared. They showed us the typical, "Look, dont you want to work for us?" presentation, then we had interviews with two people. The first guy I got was pretty unpleasant. I really just think he thought I was "weird" and didn't like me. Anyway, he asked a series of your typical bs interview questions, and they demand that you answer them in a rigid series of steps, and if a step didn't apply to your answer, I guess that was just seen as a failing on your part. He acted as if he couldn't comprehend my answers and wrote my answers down in a way that made me look bad, then refused to correct them. I felt like walking out of that interview, and I wish I had. The second guy I talked to was very nice and asked a couple of easy questions. That night, I was informed via email that I needed to apply to all the jobs I was interested in. Because applying after an interview makes perfect sense. Needless to say, within a week or two, I got a generic, "don't feel there's a strong match" email.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that unexpected. Just imagine the worst questions from one of those books of interview questions, and an unsympathetic jerk sitting across from you.   1 Answer