General Motors

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Supplier Quality Engineer
Warren, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in September 2010.

Interview Details – Job applicants screened through 3rd Party and if all criteria are met, resume is forwarded to hiring authority for interview. 3rd Party has some strange requirements so it is recommended to seek out current employee's for direct GM contact information. Interview based on the Lominger Principals

Interview Question – How have you handled a situation with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Supplier Quality Engineer
Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from TA recruiter within 2 days. After initial phone screening, took 2 days for the recruiter to get back and schedule an onsite interview .

Onsite interview: Flew in the earlier night and interviewed with 2 Senior Managers for 1 hour each. Standard STAR format and things to remember:
1) Be precise, don't give BS stories- these guys do not have much time so respect that
2) Confidence and know your resume
3)Ask good questions relative to your job, know your job, requirements for the job
4) STUDY for the interview, prepare, READ all the reviews .This helped me the most to prepare. Thank you to all the folks who left a review prior to my interview
5) Study , spend time preparing for the interview. Practice communicating your resume in a concise manner

Interviewers were very congenial, they will go through your basic knowledge and thought process and evaluate your fit .

Took 10 days to hear back from the recruiter , I did keep in touch as I had another offer so that helps. If not , yet do follow up timely. Show your interest and desire. Times are tough, opportunities less and competition is high. Do your best !!

Interview Question – Which was the worst job you did of the ones stated on the Resume, why?

What is a weakness you bring to GM?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a senior position so did not negotiate as I was satisfied with the offer. Everything after the primary offer follows timely .

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!