General Motors

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details – GM representatives came to my university and did a first round of interviews. This interview was about 30 minutes and was strictly behavioral. I got a call two weeks later saying that I had made it to the second round of interviews. They flew me to Detroit the following week and had an onsite interview. This interview lasted about an hour and was also all behavioral. Then, the two interviewers gave me a tour of the lab they worked in.

Interview Question – Tell me about a supervisor that you did not trust.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received an offer, I do not know if you can negotiate salary.

Test Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details – Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new very quickly.

Milford, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in June 2011.

Interview Details – Overall It was a great interview. I was selected as a candidate from the Advanced vehicle competition. Interviewed with 2 different hiring managers who went through a personality test.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was given to me 3 hours after the interview and exceeded my expectation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors Test Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees and interview candidates.