General Re Interview Questions

1.8

Senior Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at General Re.

Very good process that his highly structured and involved many folks at various levels. Often the days dragged on with overlap of interview questions but overall a pleasant experience. Very good structure to the HR function and process for hiring and providing insight into benefits. Process provided a good understanding of culture and people.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Re.

Received a call for a phone interview first which was not very difficult, they just asked questions about your resume. It would probably help to include information that you know about the company. After the phone interview came the final round in-person interview at the Stamford office. The questions were all behavioral and they clearly just wanted to get to know you as a person. They were all very kind and overall I would say it went well.

Interview Questions
    • None - mainly a conversation. Just be as outgoing and friendly as possible.   Answer Question

Underwriting Intern Interview

Phone interview, then interviewed at the office. Received an offer a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No real surprises, fairly basic questions. Experience based and they wanted to get an idea of what kind of person you are   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at General Re in February 2010.

It was a very easy interview. HR first called me and asked em a few questions. After this I was called in for an interveiw at the headquarters. I met with three employees and they all just talked about my resume. I was offered the position the next business day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The interview process was very informative and enjoyable. The general feel of the company seems good and the interviewers were personable and communicable. Questions such as background experience and knowledge of the reinsurance industry were asked, as well as any knowledge I had of the company. Overall the interview went well.

BD Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at General Re.

3 rounds of interview, on campus,phone interview, and assessment day. I went through first two rounds, as they are very basic and all behavior (for non-actuarial major).

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at General Re in August 2010.

First HR interview, then Line Manager interview, then CFO interview and then meet the key primary business units heads. Very informal, no searching quesitons.

Interview Questions

Worked for General Re? Contribute to the Community!