General Revenue Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Revenue

Collector Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at General Revenue.

Interview

Had first and second interview one right after the other. Interviewed in October 2005. Easy interview.

Negotiation

No negotiating flat base pay. Not until 2011 did company consider raising base pay. Based on contracts worked base pay could be increased but lowered when contract over.

Collector I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Revenue in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was by phone with an employment specialist in OH. The second interview was onsite in Horseheads, NY. There was a drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in working for Sallie Mae Loans or one of it's affiliates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no option for negotiation. It's a flat $12/hour plus commissions which are discussed during the interview. The intimation is that if you work hard and are a reliable employee, you will make much more in earnings.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Revenue (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2010.

Interview

When I started the interview process, I was out of state. The first interview I got was scheduled by phone through a 3rd party hiring agency. The lady I talked to asked me some general questions about my collections experience and computer skills. I moved to OH a couple weeks later to complete my face-to-face interview and was offered the position after my background check came back clear.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with an irate customer and what did you do to diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the starting pay wasn't negotiable, but that the bonus structure was uncapped.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Revenue (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2008.

Interview

Two separate interviews were conducted. Questions were very standard such as: What are your three greatest strengths? What are your greatest weaknesses? Name one time in a previous job where you were able to solve a conflict peacefully between coworkers. Tell me about yourself. How will previous work experience help you succeed in this position?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate any details of the job offer.

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at General Revenue in December 2008.

Interview

Initial phone interview led to two face to face interviews. Culture was great and interviewers were very candid in what they were looking for and about the work environment. The building was beautiful and the office staff were friendly. Two face to face interviews back to back were long, and a little draining but were very informative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake that someone else found out about before you did.   Answer Question
    • How do you keep abreast of updates in the field?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not able to negotiate