Genesee & Wyoming

Relevance Date Difficulty

Freight Conductor Interview

Freight Conductor
Phenix City, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genesee & Wyoming.

Interview Details – Was asked to drive from my residence 400+ miles, to Phenix City, AL for a 10 minute interview with the Operations Manager. I was told that the information about the railroad was confidential because it was a new acquisition and had not released the information about it yet. When I told him what I Was paid at my previous employer, his response was that it would be no problem to match that plus compensate me for my expenses to move my family to Georgia. He did not mention that I would have been better off to find a residence in Alabama instead.

Interview Question – Can you keep this a secret?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Utility Coal Operator Interview

Utility Coal Operator
Sheridan, WY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genesee & Wyoming in September 2012.

Interview Details – Good interview with two managers. Was longer but there many questions most really focused on safety. Safety is number one, Always. Very relaxed. The job details were revealed completely, had no surprises once hired.

Interview Question – How I resolved a conflict with another co worker.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The wage offered was pretty much set, besides I had never done this type of work at all. Raises and bonuses came through exactly as I was told.

Worked for Genesee & Wyoming? Contribute to the Community!