Genesee & Wyoming Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genesee & Wyoming

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genesee & Wyoming in October 2014.

I had an interview for a contract position as a software developer. The interview took less than 1 hour. I first met with someone from HR who provided me with information about the company. I then met with the department head who asked me questions about work completed on my current and previous positions. There were no difficult technical questions.

Freight Conductor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phenix City, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phenix City, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesee & Wyoming.

Was asked to drive from my residence 400+ miles, to Phenix City, AL for a 10 minute interview with the Operations Manager. I was told that the information about the railroad was confidential because it was a new acquisition and had not released the information about it yet. When I told him what I Was paid at my previous employer, his response was that it would be no problem to match that plus compensate me for my expenses to move my family to Georgia. He did not mention that I would have been better off to find a residence in Alabama instead.

Interview Questions

Utility Coal Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheridan, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheridan, WY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesee & Wyoming in September 2012.

Good interview with two managers. Was longer but there many questions most really focused on safety. Safety is number one, Always. Very relaxed. The job details were revealed completely, had no surprises once hired.

Interview Questions
    • How I resolved a conflict with another co worker.   View Answer
    The wage offered was pretty much set, besides I had never done this type of work at all. Raises and bonuses came through exactly as I was told.