Genesis HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Cna1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on June 10th after quitting my previous job. I called to follow up the next morning and the lady on the phone said she would pull my application for the hiring lady. I had a phone call late that afternoon to schedule an interview for the upcoming Monday, June 15th.
    The interview was very straight forward. She said the schedule sucked so i needed to decide if i wanted to go on and I said yes. She explained that they aren't joking and they are very high quality compared to other facilities and I said i understood. She gave me a chance to ask questions which were answered efficiently. I received a call on Thursday June 18th to do my drug test and was told to call back on the 1st of July to set up orientation. I officially accepted the offer on the 1st of July and I will be notified of my start date shortly.

Interview Questions

• Explain the gap between your certification to cna employment.   1 Answer

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

A lost of back and forth with a recruiter via email, followed by a chat with the area director over the phone. When I finally got to the facility for what I though was my interview, I already had the job but nobody told me. I was so anxious, waiting for the actual interview portion to begin and my boss just showed me around and sent me to watch another SLP do a treatment. I never felt like I was actually "interviewed" but I guess they had all the information they needed.

Interview Questions

• During the phone conversation, the area director asked about my experience and my interests within the field. That was as close to an interview as it got.   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Charleston, WV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed and simple. A recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview within a week. After the interview, I visited the facility for a tour and additional informal interview. The rehab coordinator showed me the facility and asked a few questions. The interview/tour only lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with the geriatric population?
      Tell me about your previous clinical experiences.

Answer Question

PT Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

The interview was very informal. They did not ask me any questions at all. I had to ask all the questions to receive information about the job. The interview was very short and literally within half an hour I received an offer from the recruiter. I just felt like they would take anyone.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any questions, only if I was ok with working 32 hours a week and going to other facilities.   Answer Question

Rehab Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring managers provided a clear description about the position and then referred to my resume and asked specific questions regarding my previous experiences. One thing that I liked about this interview is that it was more of a conversation rather than being asked behavioral interview questions. Other than that the two hiring managers were very friendly!

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure?

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

What was the most creative idea that you ever came up with that was either at work or school?

What is one thing that you would like to improve on?

Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Rehab Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. Initial phone interview, then in person interview. Requested references for online survey. Online application. Tour of the area, discussion of work history, discussion of job requirements

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

I received a phone call about their interest in me as a potential candidate. They let me know what facilities were had available positions within my area. They help set up site visits to meet with the clinic manager. If both parties agree they will most likely give you an offer. HR contact was mainly over the phone.

Chaplain Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

Initially I was totally qualified and had all the qualifications for the job. A new manager arrived and required that I be certified by the Association of Professional Chaplains. He hinted that my job was dependent on this even thought he was not certified. He soon left Genesis and is now at Unity Point as Program Manager. He is still not certified.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel regarding about working with gays? The manager at the time was gay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I actually took a pay cut from my previous job. I wanted to work with behavioral health patients.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted within days of filling online application. Was set for interview in a week. After being told selection would be in 4 days and to call and follow up , for 3 weeks after they were still holding interview after closing period and with each twice a week that I called I was told to call later and they would take my info to call and let me know when selection was made. I called the fourth week to find they made their decision a long while ago.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter for interview. Interviewed directly with director of nursing who told me to call the recruiter after the interview. Got a call from the recruiter about an hour after the interview with a job offer

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work with the elderly?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation