Genesis HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.3

Occupational Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in April 2014.

uploaded my resume and applied for a position on the company website, contacted by a recruiter, interviewed at a few different facilities associated with genesis healthcare
    (that i applied for). the recruiter contacted me asking which facility i was more interested working in, and received an offer within two days following the interview. everyone involved in the hiring process was very friendly and professional. the interview was very easy, they pretty much gave me an orientation, background information of the company/ setting, and employee expectations during an hour interview. i didn't get any challenging or unexpected question; the most difficult part of the interview was asking the directors "smart questions" or "impressive questions".

received a better offer somewhere else

Gna Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in September 2014.

I had two interviews. They both pretty much asked the same questions. Which was hardly any there was no real in depth type of questions which I expected. Just the times I was able to work, to I think I can handle a 15 resident load, and why I wanted to work there. They do ask you do do what they call a share day. Which is where u basically shadow for a couple of hours before they let you know if you have the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real questions. I am not sure if it was just this center or that's how all of them interviews.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

I never thought I'd get a call from Genesis the day after I submitted my application online. Ma'am Christine Joslin (Cheyenne Mountain Care Center), has been very helpful, approachable, friendly & professional! So I got a call from her & initially set up my interview date. When I got to the facility, every staff/employees greeted me & said hellos! The Assistant Director of Nursing interviewed me. It was basically about my past work experiences, what can I offer to Genesis, if I ever have/had an experience with long term care etc. Right after my interview, they offered me a job! I did the drug testing the same day & was told that once my background check comes in, they'd give me a call about my orientation. I knew in my heart that thats the kind of work place I'd love to work at so I accepted the job offer without any hesitation!

I'm okay with the base pay rate they offered me. I didn't negotiate with much more higher hourly pay because I consider myself an entry-level nurse since I don't have any experience yet with long term care

Patient Care Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Very informal interview, basically just asked a few simple questions. Pretty much hired on the spot. Asked to do a drug test on the spot and would get back to me after the background check and finger printing

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Very easy. director was very accommodating. I was seen on a Friday and then was hired the following week. I had to wait unfortunately for orientation to start in order to work so the actual start date took awhile

easy negotiation

Gna Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Typical Interview process. I applied online, got a call back about 2-3 days later for an interview. Typical interview questions (i.e. Have you ever had to tell somebody no?) The next day was sent a salary letter and if I agreed would be accepting the job. Orientation about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Why did I choose this field (it was a career change)?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, first job in this field.

Director of Marketing and Admissions Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

The hiring and interview process went pretty smoothly for this position. I interviewed with the Administrator and afterwards was given a tour of the facility, ample time was given for questions. While touring the facility everyone did seem rather friendly and caring and nothing out of the ordinary seemed out of place. Nothing said or seen during their interview process turned me off from continuing my pursuit of the position.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall there being a difficult or unexpected question for this position.   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in June 2012.

Attended an Open House. Was interviewed by the DON who sensed my nervousness and put me at ease. Was hired on the spot and received a follow-up call from the recruiter a few hours later about start dates. This is a great place for graduate nurses to gain skills.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel you would contribute to the company? What are your strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in May 2012.

Had one interview with Senior Admissions Director and Regional Marketing Director. They asked several Situational interview questions. They asked about my school schedule and my responsibilities in my current position. They asked where I saw myself in 5 years and if I was interested in more growth within the company.

Paid Training CNA Classes Interview

I enjoyed the website and the specifications that they use to qualify applicants . They emailed to confirm they received my application. This makes it much easier to weed out potential candidates.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions during the applications process.   View Answer

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!