Genesis HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.3

Dietary Aide Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Received a call soon after applying to schedule an interview. The interview was easy and felt very casual. Just asked a few simple questions like "why do you want to work here, do you have any questions?"

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare in October 2014.

I first set up an online profile and the recruiter called me the same day for a phone interview with her.

Then she emailed me instructions to apply. Four days later,the hiring manager called me in for an interview at the facility. The interview was very easy and she did a drug test after the interview. She told me that I was basically hired as long as I have a clean background. I signed paperwork for new hire and waited on background check. I will be starting orientation soon.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just asked what shift I want and when can I start.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I am a new CNA fresh out of school. as long as it was more than $8, then I'll take it.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in September 2014.

applied for position online was then contacted by recruiter who then set up phone interview as i was in Tn and position was in Ma
    rehab manager phoned me within 3 days of applying online I had previously worked as contract (2 years before this application and was there for 3 months)interview was quick and easy i then set up
    face to face interview with manager

Interview Questions
    • i had advantage as had been contract previously so really no difficult questions   Answer Question
    it was done by recruiter and was offered per diem

Rehab Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare in September 2014.

Manager asked question about your resume. She asked if I was people oriented person. Also, if I was able to multi task. We had good 40min conversation. She also gave me a tour around the facility to get to know the place. I said it will take one week to finished the interview process, after that I got a call staying that I got the job!!

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you did in a difficult situation?   View Answer

Gna Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare in September 2014.

I had two interviews. They both pretty much asked the same questions. Which was hardly any there was no real in depth type of questions which I expected. Just the times I was able to work, to I think I can handle a 15 resident load, and why I wanted to work there. They do ask you do do what they call a share day. Which is where u basically shadow for a couple of hours before they let you know if you have the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real questions. I am not sure if it was just this center or that's how all of them interviews.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

I never thought I'd get a call from Genesis the day after I submitted my application online. Ma'am Christine Joslin (Cheyenne Mountain Care Center), has been very helpful, approachable, friendly & professional! So I got a call from her & initially set up my interview date. When I got to the facility, every staff/employees greeted me & said hellos! The Assistant Director of Nursing interviewed me. It was basically about my past work experiences, what can I offer to Genesis, if I ever have/had an experience with long term care etc. Right after my interview, they offered me a job! I did the drug testing the same day & was told that once my background check comes in, they'd give me a call about my orientation. I knew in my heart that thats the kind of work place I'd love to work at so I accepted the job offer without any hesitation!

I'm okay with the base pay rate they offered me. I didn't negotiate with much more higher hourly pay because I consider myself an entry-level nurse since I don't have any experience yet with long term care

Patient Care Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Very informal interview, basically just asked a few simple questions. Pretty much hired on the spot. Asked to do a drug test on the spot and would get back to me after the background check and finger printing

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Very easy. director was very accommodating. I was seen on a Friday and then was hired the following week. I had to wait unfortunately for orientation to start in order to work so the actual start date took awhile

easy negotiation

Gna Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Typical Interview process. I applied online, got a call back about 2-3 days later for an interview. Typical interview questions (i.e. Have you ever had to tell somebody no?) The next day was sent a salary letter and if I agreed would be accepting the job. Orientation about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Why did I choose this field (it was a career change)?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, first job in this field.

Director of Marketing and Admissions Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

The hiring and interview process went pretty smoothly for this position. I interviewed with the Administrator and afterwards was given a tour of the facility, ample time was given for questions. While touring the facility everyone did seem rather friendly and caring and nothing out of the ordinary seemed out of place. Nothing said or seen during their interview process turned me off from continuing my pursuit of the position.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall there being a difficult or unexpected question for this position.   Answer Question