Genesis HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.3

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Voorhees, NJ).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me from my on-line resume. She forward my information to the local facility. Afterward,I was called for an interview and was and several days later offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Genesis?   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Received an email saying to request a interview live chat I did that and then he emailed me a list of interview questions to answer which wa series but I did it anyway. Offered job the same day

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

Monday, I was called by the hiring manager. I was briefly interviewed over the phone. The hiring manager asked if I can come in to interview face to face. Tuesday afternoon I interviewed. After our face to face, we briefly took a tour of the facility. Before I left the manager stated she wanted to set me up with a second interview with the director and he would probably call me this afternoon. Later that afternoon the hiring manager called and stated the director would like a face to face. Two days later I had a face to face with the director. Once I completed my interview he stated he had one more person to interview. Later that afternoon they called me back for background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your understanding of the job you're applying for.   Answer Question

Occupational Therapy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I went in and met with a director of rehab in the rehab room. It was a very pleasant meeting. I talked about my past experience in response to questions, and then heard all about the position, the team, and the benefits. I was asked a few questions that were not difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Occupational Therapy? How would you work with our population?   Answer Question

Recreation Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

Online resume submittal from online posting through indeed.com, Initial phone questionnaire, Face to Face formal interview in administrator's office, follow up interview, 50 question integrity test computerized, drug test mouth swab, wait a few weeks for offer

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Unfortunately it turned out horribly. I initially had 2 phone interviews with 2 different people for an operations coordinator position. At this point I was still looking at other opportunities and at the time was still contemplating my intererst. I obviously wanted to move forward in order to learn more about the position and the company. After setting up a 3rd interview, I hoped final in person interview, upon my arrival I was advised that a Junior Account Manager position had opened & she felt it was more up my ally & asked if I'd be interested in interviewing for that position as well. I inquired as to whether the position was a higher level position & she confirmed it was so of course I agreed to interview for the suggested position although I should have declined & continued on with my interview that I was already prepared for. I requested a job description. I was then put into a meeting room & given a few moments to read the new job description Id be interviewing for. What bothers me the most is that my job was pending an in person interview in which I interviewed with 2 NEW employees. One of the girls said she'd been there for 2 months, and the other only 3. So the outcome was pending an opinion from 2 employees that didn't really know much about the company anyway nor knew how to successfully interview a candidate. It would have been more professional to have interviewed with someone with longevity with the company. After what I thought to be a good interview given the situation, the hiring manager advised that she'd like me to do one last phone interview with the VP & would get back to me with his availability. After sending a thank you follow up & 2 more follow up emails in regards to the status, I was told that the VP was actually in the IL office & was going to go over the interviews she had & would get back to me by Friday. I thought that might have been an ideal opportunity to get a face to face interview with the VP vs over the phone right??? Wrong! After not hearing anything by Friday, I emailed on Monday inquiring if any decisions had been made. She replied back stating both of the positions were no longer available!!?? Very disappointing & completely unprofessional. 1. Why drag a candidate along when you know they didn't get the job & 2. Why didn't I just interview for the operations coordinator position I originally came in for? Why suggest another opening I'd be a better fit for if I wasn't getting selected for it?? How could I not be selected for either?? Should I have just declined the offer to interview for a different position and continued the interview for the operations coordinator?? Probably. I had 2 very successful phone interviews about that position & then when I actually meet the office staff, end up interviewing for the first time for another position & then walk away with nothing. I was assuming she suggested a different position on our 3rd interview bc it would be a benefit to me & the company. I never thought I wouldn't land either? So pretty much dragged me along for 3 weeks! I think someone else should take over the hiring process over there. No feedback, no nothing?! Probably good anyway if thats how they do business with a potential new employee.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • 2. What are your hobbies?   1 Answer
    • 3. Whats your favorite food?   1 Answer
    • 4. How do you stay organized?   1 Answer

CNA Course Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairmont, WV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Fairmont, WV) in July 2015.

Interview

Very good. The CNA instructor is one of the best RNs in this entire country. It is a shame she is wasting her time here. The HR woman is very professional, laid back, and genuine. The hiring process and my CNA class was amazing. A truly great experience, never to forget. Unfortunately, Genesis only retains people who are too afraid to leave. That gives poor quality of care to the residents, and it gives bad impressions to new CNAs who have a fresh and untainted outlook.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take the course and give it a try. Its a great place if you like hard work. This is the hardest facility in the area. If you learn how to NA here, you can NA anywhere.

Cna1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on June 10th after quitting my previous job. I called to follow up the next morning and the lady on the phone said she would pull my application for the hiring lady. I had a phone call late that afternoon to schedule an interview for the upcoming Monday, June 15th. The interview was very straight forward. She said the schedule sucked so i needed to decide if i wanted to go on and I said yes. She explained that they aren't joking and they are very high quality compared to other facilities and I said i understood. She gave me a chance to ask questions which were answered efficiently. I received a call on Thursday June 18th to do my drug test and was told to call back on the 1st of July to set up orientation. I officially accepted the offer on the 1st of July and I will be notified of my start date shortly.

Interview Questions

• Explain the gap between your certification to cna employment.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Phila, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was given a 50 question multiple question test which included two dosage calculations. Interview was fairly generic. I was asked about 10 questions. Given about 10 pages of paperwork. Took a drug test. And offered a position upon successfully meeting all requirements. You will need 5 references and orientation is held for 3 days at the headquarters in Newtown Square, PA

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose nursing as a career? If you saw a CNA using a hoyer lift alone what would you do?   1 Answer

Maintenance Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Aurora, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process went well and informative. Very forward about what is expected and how they want things handled. They did most of the talking for the most part and then was shown a couple areas of the building.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience did I have? How would I train my assistant?   1 Answer