Genesis HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.3

PT Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

The interview was very informal. They did not ask me any questions at all. I had to ask all the questions to receive information about the job. The interview was very short and literally within half an hour I received an offer from the recruiter. I just felt like they would take anyone.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any questions, only if I was ok with working 32 hours a week and going to other facilities.   Answer Question

Rehab Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring managers provided a clear description about the position and then referred to my resume and asked specific questions regarding my previous experiences. One thing that I liked about this interview is that it was more of a conversation rather than being asked behavioral interview questions. Other than that the two hiring managers were very friendly!

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure?

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

What was the most creative idea that you ever came up with that was either at work or school?

What is one thing that you would like to improve on?

Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Rehab Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. Initial phone interview, then in person interview. Requested references for online survey. Online application. Tour of the area, discussion of work history, discussion of job requirements

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

I received a phone call about their interest in me as a potential candidate. They let me know what facilities were had available positions within my area. They help set up site visits to meet with the clinic manager. If both parties agree they will most likely give you an offer. HR contact was mainly over the phone.

Chaplain Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

Initially I was totally qualified and had all the qualifications for the job. A new manager arrived and required that I be certified by the Association of Professional Chaplains. He hinted that my job was dependent on this even thought he was not certified. He soon left Genesis and is now at Unity Point as Program Manager. He is still not certified.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel regarding about working with gays? The manager at the time was gay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I actually took a pay cut from my previous job. I wanted to work with behavioral health patients.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted within days of filling online application. Was set for interview in a week. After being told selection would be in 4 days and to call and follow up , for 3 weeks after they were still holding interview after closing period and with each twice a week that I called I was told to call later and they would take my info to call and let me know when selection was made. I called the fourth week to find they made their decision a long while ago.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter for interview. Interviewed directly with director of nursing who told me to call the recruiter after the interview. Got a call from the recruiter about an hour after the interview with a job offer

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work with the elderly?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

PTA Interview

Interview

I interviewed with a Rehab manager that quit before I started. I heard it was better before the new one came. Interview asked clinical questions and situations, I have heard the department has changed for the worst since the new manager

Interview Questions

• if you now clinical answers to different patients you will do good   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more money than I was offered

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

I applied online on the company website. I did not hear back from the company for like three weeks. I was then called in for an interview with the administrator. She asked very standard questions.. Ex. "What do you know about our company" "What skills do you have that will make you the best for this position". She offered me the job at the end of the interview. That same day I filled out paperwork and did a drug test. A week later I was called in by HR to do orientation and training. Started immediately after.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very basic interview questions that seemed like they were taken from an online list. None were complicated.   Answer Question

DNS Interview

Interview

Critical Process. I was part of the aquistion process when they purchased the Sunbridge Corp. We were all assessed during this time as to whether or not we were meeting their criteria for employment. I have a great track record, & was kept on even after the closure of my original building.