Genesis HealthCare

52 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Occupational Therapist Interview

Concord, NH

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview Details – Seemed uninterested in a new graduate, asked me what was hardest patient I ever had and when did I ever have to tell someone no. That was about it. At the end of the interview, she said, "well don't worry, there are lots of jobs out there" so I pretty much knew I didn't get the job. No call back to officially tell me.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to tell someone no?   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in October 2010.

Interview Details – Resume was submitted. This was followed by Initial Phone call and then interview with Administrator and Immediate Supervisor. Interview went well no unexpected questions.

Interview Question – There were not unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Dietary Aide Interview

Dietary Aide

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in February 2013.

Interview Details – i applied online and was soon called in for an interview. i met withsome from HR and gave me a dug test. i also had to meet with the assiasnt manager inthe kitchen.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

RN Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview Details – The interview was straight forward and honest. I appreciated this. I was given a tour of the building before the interview. The interview was with the management team. They were all very friendly and without pretense. It is hard enough going to an interview, it was nice that they didn't add extra pressure which would have been unnecessary in this case. It took a week and a half for them to complete the background check, I thought that was lengthy.

Interview Question – I didn't know that I would be drug screened. Good thing I had a coffee before the interview!   Answer Question

SLP Interview

Gainesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in August 2012.

Interview Details – Minimal. Clearly they're desperate.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. You breathe and have a valid license? Good you got the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR lies.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Occupational Therapist

I applied in-person and interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview Details – Started as per diem and worked in a hard-to-staff facility (due to remote location). I was highly encouraged to come on board as full time therapist for several months. There was not a formal interview, just paperwork and review of Policies and Procedures. The program manager was very organized and made the whole process very seamless.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions... more like are you willing to drive an hour each way, do you have an issue with traveling to other facilities to help when caseload is low.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I agreed to go fulltime if they agreed to keep a COTA and another OT on staff due to the building size and potential caseload. That fell through, but after I became FT staff.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in November 2013.

Interview Details – very fast

Interview Question – if i was a friendly person. i thought that was different   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good and fair

Maintenance Director Interview

Williamsburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in November 2010.

Interview Details – Was very good, was not a long process.

Negotiation Details – very good

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Danbury, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview. Filled out a job application in the facility and set up an interview with the receptionist with the director of nursing and then a follow up interview with the administrator. Received a call from the HR lady with an offer the next day.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Staff Occupational Therapist Interview

Greensburg, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had several initial phone conversations w/ the PM at the facility before we were actually able to schedule an interview time. PM did not even have a copy of my resume during the initial interview. Actual interview lasted about 10 mins total. The most difficult phase was completing the drug screen because I did not pass the first time d/t a rx medication that I take and I told the PM this when I took the test. I brought along the actual rx botttle to show the PM that I was authorized to take that specific medication but was told that I had to just take the test and see what happened. When I did not pass then I was sent to local walk in clinic/urgent care and I showed them the rx bottle and they made a copy of the label and sent that w/ the drug screen and then there were no further difficulties at that time. It was just inconvenient having to take a second drug screen when I offered to prove why I could not pass the test the first time. This also delayed my start date because of having to wait 7 days between tests and then waiting for the test to be read when it was sent in.

Interview Question – I did not have any real questions asked of me during the interview. PM just gave me an overview of the facility and pt population that were being served and then said, "I am not sure what I really need to ask of you and with as much experience as you have I sure you would be able to handle anything that we have here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told by the recruiter that I was working w/ that the salary that they were able to offer was $41.00/hr and that it was the maximum amt that they could offer so I did not attempt to negotiate at that point because I felt that it would not do any good.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genesis HealthCare

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Genesis HealthCare Videos

Genesis HealthCare – Why Work for Us?

Move forward with confidence. That’s stability. That’s Genesis HealthCare. Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation’s largest long-term care and rehabilitation therapy providers. In an industry that’s growing in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genesis HealthCare interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by Genesis HealthCare employees and interview candidates.