Genesis HealthCare

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Speech Language Pathologist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview Details – Found and applied for job online, received a phone call that week from HR for a telephone interview and to tell me more about the position. Scheduled an interview for the following week and received an offer the next day. Negotiated salary and accepted position the next day. Rehab team was great! Interdisciplinary team approach. Manager was tolerable, but not friendly or approachable.

Interview Question – Why are you relocating to Panama City?   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Speech Language Pathologist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company by a former employee who had kept friends in management positions at Genesis. The interview took place one afternoon at the facility I would be working in if I was offered the job. The area director was friendly and gave me a tour of the building before settling down in a conference room. I was not forewarned about how long the interview would actually take, which I was thankful for. The interview itself was 1:1 in a comfortable setting. I was asked a SERIES of CLINICAL questions, most of which began with "Tell me about a situation when...." and ended in "....and please provide specific examples." There was a good amount of these lengthy questions, all of which encouraged me to draw from the clinical experience I'd had throughout grad school. I was very thankful to have had a wonderful internship in an acute rehab facility where I had the opportunity to work with medically complex adult patients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when the patient's family was confused about or not-in-agreement with a decision you made a therapist and what you did to educate the pt & family regarding his plan of care. Be as specific as possible.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time during your practicum experience that you and your supervisor had a disagreement and what you did to rectify the situation. Be as specific as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this was my first paying job as an SLP, I didn't really feel comfortable negotiating. I'd done my research on first year salaries for SLPs and my offer fell within that range, so I didn't want to sound greedy asking for more.

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!