Genesys Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Senior Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Genesys (Bedford, MA).

Interview

When Genesys acquired SoundBite, I was interviewed to see what I wanted to do and to see if they had any positions available. They ended up laying me off. There was nothing available to meet my qualifications and they had their own HR dept so they really did not have a place for me.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Genesys (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and enthusiastic in our phone interview. She did a great job of laying out the company's expectations and explaining what the next steps in the process would be. Unfortunately, the hiring manager ended up selecting another candidate, but overall, my experience was positive. This seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• I was very surprised that the topic of salary came up at this early stage of the process.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Smooth, well paced interviews with the appropriate people in the correct order. I was interviewed by the people I would work with, and then I was interviewed by two HR (individually) resources. Questions were appropriate to the job and everyone gave opportunity for me to ask questions. The use of Skype added to the process in a positive manner.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle many multiple projects and deliver on time in my previous experience?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA).

Interview

I applied online. First, I had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. After that, I was invited for a on site interview, meeting with my manager and a couple of senior managers. Overall, it was a good experiences.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 Step Interview process Initial phone screening with recruiter took about 20 minutes. Basic questions about my current position and why I wanted to work for the company. Second phone interview was with a hiring manager a few days later. Questions such as why I wanted to work for the company, why sales, and what I could bring to the position. Took about 30 minutes Final Interview was at the headquarters in Daly City. Consisted of three consecutive interviews all lasting approximately 30 minutes. I met with the director of sales, as well as two account executives. Each one of them was very friendly and made the interview process very comfortable. They asked me questions such as why I would be a good fit for the team, and put me in different scenarios and asked me to explain how I would go about finding and gathering information on potential clients.

Director Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Genesys was very straight forward. There was an initial call interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. This was followed up by onsite interviews along with a final phone interview. The recruiter was very professional through out the process providing updates along the way so you always new where you stood.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about learning new/different technologies and businesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just like the interview process, very straight forward and honest.

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys.

Interview

Recruiter found me off LinkedIn. Phone interview went really well. Later met with manager to be. Hit it off really well. Last phone interview with VP in Daly City. Very impressed with quality of interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I was looking to leave my previous employer of almost ten years.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genesys.

Interview

One technical interview, HR interview, signing paperwork. There were no salary negotiations. The offer was accepted. HR was efficient at hiring. After some months there was a wave of terminations.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were hard, but possible to answer for engineer with good working experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted with no negotiations.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys.

Interview

I was fortunate to know several people working at Genesys when I applied to the job opening I was seeking. The process was in three steps: An interviewer with the VP of the Region, the Managing Director of the Sub-Region and the World-Wide SVP/EVP for Sales. The people I knew well were the first two, so basically after my conversations with them, I know that the position was mine.

Interview Questions

• Fortunately I did not have an unexpected question pop-up during my interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very simple, since I was being hired by people I knew very well from prior employments.

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I had two face to face interviews and three phone interviews. Very accommodating and well organized process. Enjoyed meeting with and talking to everyone I met. Did not feel like I was being put on the spot and was made to feel comfortable. Good opportunity to have open discussion about the company needs and the nature of the position. Was not asked irrelevant or tricky questions. Very straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• Questions on previous experience developing procedures. How my current experience is relevant to the position.   Answer Question