Genesys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Senior Director, Marketing
Daly City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genesys in April 2014.

Interview Details – Smooth and informative process. Sr marketing team was very prepared with knowing my background and asking great questions. They also were very personable and clear about the expectations of the position and open about the pros and cons of working here. Great to meet my staff as well.

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward. Only needed one round of negotiation to get to where I wanted to be.

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genesys.

Interview Details – Interview with RVP Sales for Region. Very specific on selling strategy and experience in call center space. I had to speak to the selling methodology as well as technical background - focus on the fact that the Genesys sale is a technical sale require a lot of integration.

Interview Question – Most significant deal that was lost and why   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Product Marketing Manager
Daly City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genesys in December 2010.

Interview Details – Met with senior product marketing managers and product management peers. All conducted at their office in Daly City. Most during the first day. I sensed they were having trouble finding the right person.

Interview Question – They valued my experience which was outside their domain. There were no hard questions.   Answer Question

Internal Community Manager Interview

Internal Community Manager
Daly City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genesys in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process at Genesys was quick and easy. I was called by a former co-worker and interviewed by several people. It was a long day of interviews, but I appreciated not having to come back. There was one person who couldn't be there for an in person interview, so they allowed her to call in. Overall I thought the interview process was straightforward and quick.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult questions, just a lot of vision, cultural questions that don't have definite right or wrong answers. Sometimes the interviews felt more like great conversations than being drilled for information. That said, my position was fairly open with a lot of room to make it what you wanted.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. I told them what I needed and they gave it to me.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Professional Services Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Genesys.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR/Lead Engineer, followed by Skype interview with Lead Engineer.

Interview Question – Name a time where you saw someone doing something unethical and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really.

Channel Marketing Intern Interview

Channel Marketing Intern
Daly City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genesys.

Interview Details – I was referred to by a friend that said they had an opening in the marketing department. Had a 30 minute phone interview followed by an in-person interview onsite to meet the marketing manager. Waited for a week then was given an offer via email for a 1 year contract.

Interview Question – What made you decide to go with Marketing as your major and how has that helped you get to where you want to go professionally?   Answer Question

Senior Professional Services Consultant Interview

Senior Professional Services Consultant
Daly City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genesys in December 2008.

Interview Details – Long. Many levels. Same Questions over and over. Most didn't write down any of my responses

Interview Question – If you weren't interviewing for this job, what other job would you be interviewing for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick. One counter and that was it.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Daly City, CA

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Genesys in February 2010.

Interview Details – Received voice message from hiring manager. Called back and spoke for one hour. Then waited a few weeks for more telephone interviews. Then waited. And waited. And hen a few months later was brought in for face to face interviews woth team of four people, each one a seperate 30-minute interview. Then asked for references. Then offer was made and we negotiated, but not much room on salary.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Turned down offer due to more compelling offer from another company.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Genesys in August 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent introduction and discussion, had all of the expereince and knowledge. Decided to to with a competitors employee to gain marekt intel.

Interview Question – Why would you leave your own business where you have the final say.   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genesys in June 2008.

Interview Details – Called by recruiter. Screened by manager. No offer because of last minute hiring freeze.

Interview Question – How have you failed in the past?   Answer Question

Worked for Genesys? Contribute to the Community!