Genesys

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.9

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genesys in April 2014.

Smooth and informative process. Sr marketing team was very prepared with knowing my background and asking great questions. They also were very personable and clear about the expectations of the position and open about the pros and cons of working here. Great to meet my staff as well.

Very straightforward. Only needed one round of negotiation to get to where I wanted to be.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genesys.

Interview with RVP Sales for Region. Very specific on selling strategy and experience in call center space. I had to speak to the selling methodology as well as technical background - focus on the fact that the Genesys sale is a technical sale require a lot of integration.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genesys in December 2010.

Met with senior product marketing managers and product management peers. All conducted at their office in Daly City. Most during the first day. I sensed they were having trouble finding the right person.

Interview Questions
    • They valued my experience which was outside their domain. There were no hard questions.   Answer Question

Internal Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genesys in May 2013.

The hiring process at Genesys was quick and easy. I was called by a former co-worker and interviewed by several people. It was a long day of interviews, but I appreciated not having to come back. There was one person who couldn't be there for an in person interview, so they allowed her to call in. Overall I thought the interview process was straightforward and quick.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult questions, just a lot of vision, cultural questions that don't have definite right or wrong answers. Sometimes the interviews felt more like great conversations than being drilled for information. That said, my position was fairly open with a lot of room to make it what you wanted.   Answer Question
    Simple. I told them what I needed and they gave it to me.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Genesys.

Phone Interview with HR/Lead Engineer, followed by Skype interview with Lead Engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you saw someone doing something unethical and what did you do?   Answer Question
    Not really.

Channel Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genesys.

I was referred to by a friend that said they had an opening in the marketing department. Had a 30 minute phone interview followed by an in-person interview onsite to meet the marketing manager. Waited for a week then was given an offer via email for a 1 year contract.

Interview Questions
    • What made you decide to go with Marketing as your major and how has that helped you get to where you want to go professionally?   Answer Question

Senior Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genesys in December 2008.

Long. Many levels. Same Questions over and over. Most didn't write down any of my responses

Interview Questions
    • If you weren't interviewing for this job, what other job would you be interviewing for?   Answer Question
    Quick. One counter and that was it.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Genesys in February 2010.

Received voice message from hiring manager. Called back and spoke for one hour. Then waited a few weeks for more telephone interviews. Then waited. And waited. And hen a few months later was brought in for face to face interviews woth team of four people, each one a seperate 30-minute interview. Then asked for references. Then offer was made and we negotiated, but not much room on salary.

Interview Questions
    • What metrics do you think should be in place to measure your annual achievments?   Answer Question
    • How much supervision do you think you'll need?   Answer Question

Turned down offer due to more compelling offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Genesys in August 2010.

Excellent introduction and discussion, had all of the expereince and knowledge. Decided to to with a competitors employee to gain marekt intel.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you leave your own business where you have the final say.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genesys in June 2008.

Called by recruiter. Screened by manager. No offer because of last minute hiring freeze.

Interview Questions

Worked for Genesys? Contribute to the Community!