Genesys Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys in September 2014.

Totally 4 rounds of phone screening followed by 2 rounds of skype interview. The first skype interview was a panel interview with the team. The second skype was with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were mostly based on my previous jobs..   View Answer
    • What kind of changes would you bring into the team?   View Answer
    Not much of negotiations. . Salary was less but I accepted since my job was on pure genesys and felt I must belong here

Senior CTI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Initial round with HR, second round with Director and hiring manager and third round with an tech architect.

Not very difficult if you have thorough understanding of the basics of framework.
    Was also asked about experience related to other than Genesys like development work, unix knowledge and views on emerging technologies.

Interview Questions
    None, but I wanted to be in Genesys so I didn't really push hard.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys.

Interview with RVP Sales for Region. Very specific on selling strategy and experience in call center space. I had to speak to the selling methodology as well as technical background - focus on the fact that the Genesys sale is a technical sale require a lot of integration.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys in June 2014.

Discovering job opening on LinkedIn and reached out to the hiring manager. Had a site visit which was as focused on my getting to know the company as much as it was for the six interviewers to get to know me. Good support from HR in what to expect and timely responses. Very well handled and certainly made me excited to work with entire team.

Interview Questions
    • none really. Topics that were important to me were virtual office, personal time off, and more external-facing marketing opportunities.   Answer Question
    Talk about what is important and what you need upfront before the offer is on the table.

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys in April 2014.

Smooth and informative process. Sr marketing team was very prepared with knowing my background and asking great questions. They also were very personable and clear about the expectations of the position and open about the pros and cons of working here. Great to meet my staff as well.

Very straightforward. Only needed one round of negotiation to get to where I wanted to be.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Genesys.

Phone Interview with HR/Lead Engineer, followed by Skype interview with Lead Engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you saw someone doing something unethical and what did you do?   Answer Question
    Not really.

Channel Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys.

I was referred to by a friend that said they had an opening in the marketing department. Had a 30 minute phone interview followed by an in-person interview onsite to meet the marketing manager. Waited for a week then was given an offer via email for a 1 year contract.

Interview Questions
    • What made you decide to go with Marketing as your major and how has that helped you get to where you want to go professionally?   Answer Question

Internal Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesys in May 2013.

The hiring process at Genesys was quick and easy. I was called by a former co-worker and interviewed by several people. It was a long day of interviews, but I appreciated not having to come back. There was one person who couldn't be there for an in person interview, so they allowed her to call in. Overall I thought the interview process was straightforward and quick.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult questions, just a lot of vision, cultural questions that don't have definite right or wrong answers. Sometimes the interviews felt more like great conversations than being drilled for information. That said, my position was fairly open with a lot of room to make it what you wanted.   Answer Question
    Simple. I told them what I needed and they gave it to me.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesys in December 2010.

Met with senior product marketing managers and product management peers. All conducted at their office in Daly City. Most during the first day. I sensed they were having trouble finding the right person.

Interview Questions
    • They valued my experience which was outside their domain. There were no hard questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genesys in August 2010.

Excellent introduction and discussion, had all of the expereince and knowledge. Decided to to with a competitors employee to gain marekt intel.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you leave your own business where you have the final say.   View Answer