Genesys Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA).

Interview

I applied online. First, I had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. After that, I was invited for a on site interview, meeting with my manager and a couple of senior managers. Overall, it was a good experiences.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 Step Interview process

Initial phone screening with recruiter took about 20 minutes. Basic questions about my current position and why I wanted to work for the company.

Second phone interview was with a hiring manager a few days later. Questions such as why I wanted to work for the company, why sales, and what I could bring to the position. Took about 30 minutes

Final Interview was at the headquarters in Daly City. Consisted of three consecutive interviews all lasting approximately 30 minutes. I met with the director of sales, as well as two account executives. Each one of them was very friendly and made the interview process very comfortable. They asked me questions such as why I would be a good fit for the team, and put me in different scenarios and asked me to explain how I would go about finding and gathering information on potential clients.

Director Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Genesys was very straight forward. There was an initial call interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. This was followed up by onsite interviews along with a final phone interview. The recruiter was very professional through out the process providing updates along the way so you always new where you stood.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about learning new/different technologies and businesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just like the interview process, very straight forward and honest.

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesys.

Interview

Recruiter found me off LinkedIn. Phone interview went really well. Later met with manager to be. Hit it off really well. Last phone interview with VP in Daly City. Very impressed with quality of interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I was looking to leave my previous employer of almost ten years.   1 Answer

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genesys.

Interview

One technical interview, HR interview, signing paperwork. There were no salary negotiations. The offer was accepted. HR was efficient at hiring. After some months there was a wave of terminations.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were hard, but possible to answer for engineer with good working experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted with no negotiations.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genesys.

Interview

I was fortunate to know several people working at Genesys when I applied to the job opening I was seeking.
    The process was in three steps: An interviewer with the VP of the Region, the Managing Director of the Sub-Region and the World-Wide SVP/EVP for Sales. The people I knew well were the first two, so basically after my conversations with them, I know that the position was mine.

Interview Questions

• Fortunately I did not have an unexpected question pop-up during my interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very simple, since I was being hired by people I knew very well from prior employments.

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I had two face to face interviews and three phone interviews. Very accommodating and well organized process. Enjoyed meeting with and talking to everyone I met. Did not feel like I was being put on the spot and was made to feel comfortable. Good opportunity to have open discussion about the company needs and the nature of the position. Was not asked irrelevant or tricky questions. Very straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• Questions on previous experience developing procedures. How my current experience is relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Corporate Services Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genesys in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but a pleasant experience. There were a total of 3 interviews in all. At first the local HR recruiter did an over the phone screening for approx 30 mins. A few days later the hiring manager did an over the phone interview. Finally about a week later there was an in person interview with HR, select number of team members and a video conference with the hiring manager that is located at a different office. About a week later I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe one stressful situation you have encountered in your previous positions and what was the out come?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking for, and leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • What kind of impact will you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews. One with the hiring manager in Salt Lake City office and the other was with the director at San Francisco office. Questions asked were very effective. They asked all the right questions to accurately evaluate my potential for the job. There was no panel interview and I was very happy about that. The one-on-one interview I had with Genesys was very personable, easy going and I felt very comfortable and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is Operations to you?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys (North Charleston, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

Totally 4 rounds of phone screening followed by 2 rounds of skype interview. The first skype interview was a panel interview with the team. The second skype was with the manager.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were mostly based on my previous jobs..   1 Answer
    • What kind of changes would you bring into the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much of negotiations. . Salary was less but I accepted since my job was on pure genesys and felt I must belong here