Genesys

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Accounting Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesys.

Recruiter found me off LinkedIn. Phone interview went really well. Later met with manager to be. Hit it off really well. Last phone interview with VP in Daly City. Very impressed with quality of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I was looking to leave my previous employer of almost ten years.   View Answer

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genesys.

One technical interview, HR interview, signing paperwork. There were no salary negotiations. The offer was accepted. HR was efficient at hiring. After some months there was a wave of terminations.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were hard, but possible to answer for engineer with good working experience.   Answer Question
    Accepted with no negotiations.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genesys.

I was fortunate to know several people working at Genesys when I applied to the job opening I was seeking.
    The process was in three steps: An interviewer with the VP of the Region, the Managing Director of the Sub-Region and the World-Wide SVP/EVP for Sales. The people I knew well were the first two, so basically after my conversations with them, I know that the position was mine.

Interview Questions
    • Fortunately I did not have an unexpected question pop-up during my interview.   Answer Question
    It was very simple, since I was being hired by people I knew very well from prior employments.

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys in January 2015.

I had two face to face interviews and three phone interviews. Very accommodating and well organized process. Enjoyed meeting with and talking to everyone I met. Did not feel like I was being put on the spot and was made to feel comfortable. Good opportunity to have open discussion about the company needs and the nature of the position. Was not asked irrelevant or tricky questions. Very straight forward process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on previous experience developing procedures. How my current experience is relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys in September 2014.

Totally 4 rounds of phone screening followed by 2 rounds of skype interview. The first skype interview was a panel interview with the team. The second skype was with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were mostly based on my previous jobs..   View Answer
    • What kind of changes would you bring into the team?   View Answer
    Not much of negotiations. . Salary was less but I accepted since my job was on pure genesys and felt I must belong here

Senior CTI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Initial round with HR, second round with Director and hiring manager and third round with an tech architect.

Not very difficult if you have thorough understanding of the basics of framework.
    Was also asked about experience related to other than Genesys like development work, unix knowledge and views on emerging technologies.

Interview Questions
    None, but I wanted to be in Genesys so I didn't really push hard.

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Genesys in August 2014.

Went smoothly - had previous connections at Genesys and my contact was already privy to my work history/results with supporting their hiring managers and their comments were also positive. Was treated fairly!

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys.

Interview with RVP Sales for Region. Very specific on selling strategy and experience in call center space. I had to speak to the selling methodology as well as technical background - focus on the fact that the Genesys sale is a technical sale require a lot of integration.

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Genesys in June 2014.

I started with an initial phone interview, that led to a face to face interview. I was asked to bring some samples of my work and plan to do a small presentation to the interviewer. The next steps after the face to face interview led to 3 additional phone interviews before a final offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you can make a large impact at Genesys and what unique skills you can bring to the table.   Answer Question
    I didn't have to negotiate, the offer was very fair.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genesys in June 2014.

Good communication, good planning, but long time to make decision. No "trick" questions and nothing designed to "burn" you, but some questions were very critical. HR, recruiting, and the hiring manager appeared to be very competent. If you are not a good fit for one department, they may try to keep you in the loop and relay you for various other interviews. Good group of folks to interview with.

Interview Questions
    • Asked some technical questions about business experience   View Answer
    No negotiation, but a solid offer