Genesys Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.8

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 Step Interview process

Initial phone screening with recruiter took about 20 minutes. Basic questions about my current position and why I wanted to work for the company.

Second phone interview was with a hiring manager a few days later. Questions such as why I wanted to work for the company, why sales, and what I could bring to the position. Took about 30 minutes

Final Interview was at the headquarters in Daly City. Consisted of three consecutive interviews all lasting approximately 30 minutes. I met with the director of sales, as well as two account executives. Each one of them was very friendly and made the interview process very comfortable. They asked me questions such as why I would be a good fit for the team, and put me in different scenarios and asked me to explain how I would go about finding and gathering information on potential clients.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Discovering job opening on LinkedIn and reached out to the hiring manager. Had a site visit which was as focused on my getting to know the company as much as it was for the six interviewers to get to know me. Good support from HR in what to expect and timely responses. Very well handled and certainly made me excited to work with entire team.

Interview Questions

• none really. Topics that were important to me were virtual office, personal time off, and more external-facing marketing opportunities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Talk about what is important and what you need upfront before the offer is on the table.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Good communication, good planning, but long time to make decision. No "trick" questions and nothing designed to "burn" you, but some questions were very critical. HR, recruiting, and the hiring manager appeared to be very competent. If you are not a good fit for one department, they may try to keep you in the loop and relay you for various other interviews. Good group of folks to interview with.

Interview Questions

• Asked some technical questions about business experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but a solid offer

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Smooth and informative process. Sr marketing team was very prepared with knowing my background and asking great questions. They also were very personable and clear about the expectations of the position and open about the pros and cons of working here. Great to meet my staff as well.

Negotiation

Very straightforward. Only needed one round of negotiation to get to where I wanted to be.

Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was approached by the recruiter two days after I applied online via LinkedIn; I had my phone-screen interview two days after that.

I spoke with the Hiring Manager one week after the phone-screen with the recruiter.

I had my onsite team interview one week after my phone interview with the Hiring Manager

I was hired 4 weeks after the onsite team interview.

My recruiter was EXCELLENT, she gave me updates on the status of my application which is really helpful to calm the anxiety of a candidate.

Interview Questions

• All questions were role-related; they asked a lot of details about my past experience.   Answer Question

Channel Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA).

Interview

I was referred to by a friend that said they had an opening in the marketing department. Had a 30 minute phone interview followed by an in-person interview onsite to meet the marketing manager. Waited for a week then was given an offer via email for a 1 year contract.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to go with Marketing as your major and how has that helped you get to where you want to go professionally?   Answer Question

Internal Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process at Genesys was quick and easy. I was called by a former co-worker and interviewed by several people. It was a long day of interviews, but I appreciated not having to come back. There was one person who couldn't be there for an in person interview, so they allowed her to call in. Overall I thought the interview process was straightforward and quick.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult questions, just a lot of vision, cultural questions that don't have definite right or wrong answers. Sometimes the interviews felt more like great conversations than being drilled for information. That said, my position was fairly open with a lot of room to make it what you wanted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple. I told them what I needed and they gave it to me.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Met with senior product marketing managers and product management peers. All conducted at their office in Daly City. Most during the first day. I sensed they were having trouble finding the right person.

Interview Questions

• They valued my experience which was outside their domain. There were no hard questions.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Received voice message from hiring manager. Called back and spoke for one hour. Then waited a few weeks for more telephone interviews. Then waited. And waited. And hen a few months later was brought in for face to face interviews woth team of four people, each one a seperate 30-minute interview. Then asked for references. Then offer was made and we negotiated, but not much room on salary.

Interview Questions

• What metrics do you think should be in place to measure your annual achievments?   Answer Question
    • How much supervision do you think you'll need?   Answer Question

Turned down offer due to more compelling offer from another company.

Senior Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Long. Many levels. Same Questions over and over. Most didn't write down any of my responses

Interview Questions

• If you weren't interviewing for this job, what other job would you be interviewing for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick. One counter and that was it.