Geneva Trading

Interviews for Top Jobs at Geneva Trading

Apprentice Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Geneva Trading.

Submitted email to HR and was told they might be hiring in a few months. Later was in Chicago and asked if I could drop by, had a general screen interview. Shortly after was told they would be adding to some teams and asked me to come back up to Chicago (my expense). Interview was just talking to 2 traders for a couple hours. Shortly after got an offer.

Interview Questions

Ridiculous offer. Low salary, questionable terms, and I felt like they weren't willing to make much of a commitment on my behalf.

Trading Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Geneva Trading.

Interview consisted of 2 rounds, telephone and then office round. Telephone interview was just about experience, education, motivations and why trading and Geneva Trading. Office interview was same again with head traders and then more in dept market questions and motivations.

Na

Trainee Trader Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Geneva Trading in September 2012.

It consisted of 2 interviews.

The first was a character and background based largely with a few questions assessing my macro view and general knowledge of current financial events.
    You may be asked to have a go at a 12 question brainteaser to conclude the interview in which you have exactly 20mins to answer giving you circa 1.5mins per question. However, there isn't much weight if any placed on this so I wouldn't worry if you completely screw up, write something on there and be as logical as possible.

The 2nd was more lengthly and overlapped in part with the initial but was more focused on assessing your knowledge of the markets. A lot of it was geared towards the interviewers assessing what makes you tick as an individual.
    There were a lot more knowledge of financial current affairs asked and you may even be given a quick computational exam that you must think aloud and talk the interviewers through the answers with you so that you explain to them how you arrive at the answer. i think it was 4 or 5 questions in length. Nothing overly difficult though.

Interview Questions
    • "At what point do you think this interview started going down hill?"   Answer Question