Genomic Health Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genomic Health in March 2015.

Interview

The interview took around 45 minutes with very in-depth questions about my project at school. Not many questions about my past experience. I think that is the way the interviewer figured out whether I did contribute anything for the project and whether I really led the team as I mentioned. They had not come back to me after that although I pinged them sometimes. Thus I think that is the way they say "No".

Senior Clinical Data Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genomic Health.

Interview

At least 2 rounds of interviews with 4 or 5 different interviewers depending on what job level you are coming in at. You are interviewed by pathologist, directors, peers, biostatisticians, anyone in the company may interview you.

Interview Questions

• The programming questions were the most challenging of the interview process.   Answer Question

SAT Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Genomic Health in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screening; met all the requirements, follow up call-long email with HR like person just to set up the interview. Then a 4-5 person interview in 3 hours. Although GHI accommodated all my needs, the last person who interviewed me was very brief, blunt, and had no facial movements whatsoever; straight to the point and I felt as if she didn't care about what I had to say and as if I wasting her time. GHI really only wants to know about yourself for this particular position, anyone could do the job, it's just how well and of course lessen the chance of "human error." They are a great company in the Bay Area and the structure of the position was well presented to me, have no bad things to say about the company, just the unfriendly (1/2) supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with others?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your current position? or What happened with your previous employer?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had just applied online around 7:30am and received a call by 8:30am. Briefly ask me about my experience in recruiting IT positions then asked my availability to meet the following week in person. Initial phone screen followed by a 2nd round F2F interview with HR, 3rd round with a panel group of dept. heads. The position was an immediate need to support the IT group and also help support other projects. They needed to fill the position beginning June. After my interview I was told I would be receiving a call from them very soon, but ended up following up with them the following week saying I'm a great candidate, excellent interview and I have strong experience but moved forward with another candidate. Then suggested to continue monitoring the company job postings for upcoming positions in the future.

Clinical Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a two day process. Both days were full days of a series of 1:1 interviews. Everyone was very nice. Overall it was a pleasant experience, but intense and tiring. The interviewers came from various groups throughout the company and represented the company well. They were all enthusiastic about their jobs and vey passionate about the company mission. Their enthusiasm was contagious. I definitely wanted to get an offer after the interview process was complete.

IT Quality Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genomic Health in January 2014.

Interview

Applied via recruiter. Just one in person interview with four people. Lasted 2 hours. Came back within a week with job offer. Questions were pretty easy. Mainly about my experience and just regular interview questions. Nothing too hard.

Senior Manager/IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview, and then a day of 1:1 interviews with piers and hiring manager. Then another half day of 1:1 interviews with senior management and key internal customers.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff both technically, and management style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Came back with a counter offer and received signing bonus instead.

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I wasn't looking but a recruiter called me at my previous employer. They told me about the company product helping cancer patients and got me intrigued. I did my research and reviewed the job description. After a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, I interviewed at the Redwood City offices with 6 people. They all were informative and expressed their passion of why they worked here.

The recruiter kept me abreast of my status and followed up with me several times. I went in for a second interview and met with 5 more people. The executives I met were pretty laid back and not intimidating as I assumed.

The recruiter called me to say I was the one of the top candidates. They asked if I was interviewing anywhere else and about my salary expectations again. I guess they were coming up with my offer number. Benefits were comparable to my current job, but this job offer was upward in position title, more income, and stock. Naturally I accepted the job.

Throughout the onboarding process, it was smooth and I transitedeasily.

The recruiting team was very thorough with my interview scheduling, gave me directions to the office, instructions with the interview team, and my first day information.

Glad I picked up the phone that day at work to take the recruiter's call. Thanks for finding me.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Genomic Health.

Interview

First, brief phone interview (15-20 minutes). About a week later, I was invited for an in-person interview, which was about 1.5 hours long. I was interview by three different people separately.

Interview Questions

• Common questions - Lots of customer service and team work questions.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

too lengthy...4 interviews

Negotiation

easy