Genomic Health Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2014

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Genomic Health in May 2014.

I had just applied online around 7:30am and received a call by 8:30am. Briefly ask me about my experience in recruiting IT positions then asked my availability to meet the following week in person. Initial phone screen followed by a 2nd round F2F interview with HR, 3rd round with a panel group of dept. heads. The position was an immediate need to support the IT group and also help support other projects. They needed to fill the position beginning June. After my interview I was told I would be receiving a call from them very soon, but ended up following up with them the following week saying I'm a great candidate, excellent interview and I have strong experience but moved forward with another candidate. Then suggested to continue monitoring the company job postings for upcoming positions in the future.

Senior Manager/IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genomic Health.

Initial phone interview, and then a day of 1:1 interviews with piers and hiring manager. Then another half day of 1:1 interviews with senior management and key internal customers.

Interview Questions
    • Standard stuff both technically, and management style.   Answer Question
    Came back with a counter offer and received signing bonus instead.

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genomic Health.

I wasn't looking but a recruiter called me at my previous employer. They told me about the company product helping cancer patients and got me intrigued. I did my research and reviewed the job description. After a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, I interviewed at the Redwood City offices with 6 people. They all were informative and expressed their passion of why they worked here.

The recruiter kept me abreast of my status and followed up with me several times. I went in for a second interview and met with 5 more people. The executives I met were pretty laid back and not intimidating as I assumed.

The recruiter called me to say I was the one of the top candidates. They asked if I was interviewing anywhere else and about my salary expectations again. I guess they were coming up with my offer number. Benefits were comparable to my current job, but this job offer was upward in position title, more income, and stock. Naturally I accepted the job.

Throughout the onboarding process, it was smooth and I transitedeasily.

The recruiting team was very thorough with my interview scheduling, gave me directions to the office, instructions with the interview team, and my first day information.

Glad I picked up the phone that day at work to take the recruiter's call. Thanks for finding me.

Sample Accessioning Technician Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Genomic Health.

First, brief phone interview (15-20 minutes). About a week later, I was invited for an in-person interview, which was about 1.5 hours long. I was interview by three different people separately.

Interview Questions
    • Common questions - Lots of customer service and team work questions.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genomic Health in January 2013.

too lengthy...4 interviews

easy

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genomic Health in May 2012.

Initial phone conversation with the HR rep led to 2 rounds of face to face interviews of 1.5 - 2 hours in duration. Mosly it was a 1:1 with just one exception of a group interview with the immediate co-workers. They focused on skills & experience during the interview. All participants were very polite & thorough during the process. HR rep was in constant contact through the initial phase.
    The first round was with the immediate team members and the second round was with the expanded team.

The office has a business casual atmosphere though the engineering team is more casual.

Interview Questions
    • Experience and willingness to go beyond the 40 hour work week.   Answer Question

Worked for Genomic Health? Contribute to the Community!