Genomic Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Redwood City, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Genomic Health in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had just applied online around 7:30am and received a call by 8:30am. Briefly ask me about my experience in recruiting IT positions then asked my availability to meet the following week in person. Initial phone screen followed by a 2nd round F2F interview with HR, 3rd round with a panel group of dept. heads. The position was an immediate need to support the IT group and also help support other projects. They needed to fill the position beginning June. After my interview I was told I would be receiving a call from them very soon, but ended up following up with them the following week saying I'm a great candidate, excellent interview and I have strong experience but moved forward with another candidate. Then suggested to continue monitoring the company job postings for upcoming positions in the future.

Interview Question – How many positions can you fill...   Answer Question

Senior Manager/IT Interview

Senior Manager/IT
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genomic Health.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, and then a day of 1:1 interviews with piers and hiring manager. Then another half day of 1:1 interviews with senior management and key internal customers.

Interview Question – Standard stuff both technically, and management style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Came back with a counter offer and received signing bonus instead.

Corporate Employee Interview

Corporate Employee
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genomic Health.

Interview Details – I wasn't looking but a recruiter called me at my previous employer. They told me about the company product helping cancer patients and got me intrigued. I did my research and reviewed the job description. After a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, I interviewed at the Redwood City offices with 6 people. They all were informative and expressed their passion of why they worked here.

The recruiter kept me abreast of my status and followed up with me several times. I went in for a second interview and met with 5 more people. The executives I met were pretty laid back and not intimidating as I assumed.

The recruiter called me to say I was the one of the top candidates. They asked if I was interviewing anywhere else and about my salary expectations again. I guess they were coming up with my offer number. Benefits were comparable to my current job, but this job offer was upward in position title, more income, and stock. Naturally I accepted the job.

Throughout the onboarding process, it was smooth and I transitedeasily.

The recruiting team was very thorough with my interview scheduling, gave me directions to the office, instructions with the interview team, and my first day information.

Glad I picked up the phone that day at work to take the recruiter's call. Thanks for finding me.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genomic Health in January 2013.

Interview Details – too lengthy...4 interviews

Negotiation Details – easy

Worked for Genomic Health? Contribute to the Community!