Genomic Health Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.1

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had just applied online around 7:30am and received a call by 8:30am. Briefly ask me about my experience in recruiting IT positions then asked my availability to meet the following week in person. Initial phone screen followed by a 2nd round F2F interview with HR, 3rd round with a panel group of dept. heads. The position was an immediate need to support the IT group and also help support other projects. They needed to fill the position beginning June. After my interview I was told I would be receiving a call from them very soon, but ended up following up with them the following week saying I'm a great candidate, excellent interview and I have strong experience but moved forward with another candidate. Then suggested to continue monitoring the company job postings for upcoming positions in the future.

Clinical Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a two day process. Both days were full days of a series of 1:1 interviews. Everyone was very nice. Overall it was a pleasant experience, but intense and tiring. The interviewers came from various groups throughout the company and represented the company well. They were all enthusiastic about their jobs and vey passionate about the company mission. Their enthusiasm was contagious. I definitely wanted to get an offer after the interview process was complete.

Senior Manager/IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview, and then a day of 1:1 interviews with piers and hiring manager. Then another half day of 1:1 interviews with senior management and key internal customers.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff both technically, and management style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Came back with a counter offer and received signing bonus instead.

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I wasn't looking but a recruiter called me at my previous employer. They told me about the company product helping cancer patients and got me intrigued. I did my research and reviewed the job description. After a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, I interviewed at the Redwood City offices with 6 people. They all were informative and expressed their passion of why they worked here. The recruiter kept me abreast of my status and followed up with me several times. I went in for a second interview and met with 5 more people. The executives I met were pretty laid back and not intimidating as I assumed. The recruiter called me to say I was the one of the top candidates. They asked if I was interviewing anywhere else and about my salary expectations again. I guess they were coming up with my offer number. Benefits were comparable to my current job, but this job offer was upward in position title, more income, and stock. Naturally I accepted the job. Throughout the onboarding process, it was smooth and I transitedeasily. The recruiting team was very thorough with my interview scheduling, gave me directions to the office, instructions with the interview team, and my first day information. Glad I picked up the phone that day at work to take the recruiter's call. Thanks for finding me.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

too lengthy...4 interviews

Negotiation

easy

Sample Accessioning Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

3 different call backs, 1st stage is lower level general people and moves on up to interview 3 if they like you usually conducted by a panel of people or 1:1 with higher ranking officials. Stressful process..first day u talk to several panels of different people lasting for hrs and the people rotate in and out. The other call backs were the same. Expect half a day for 1st interview, and 2nd but 3rd day is usually shorter

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a personal dispute between a co worker?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Very casual and since I had previously worked as a consultant, it was pretty much a slam dunk. But even the interview for the consulting position was very easy and casual. They just checked my references which made the process pretty easyt

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you found yourself in   1 Answer