Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation

Unclaimed Profile

Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation.

Interview

One phone interview with my direct supervisor as the initial screening. Then I was brought in for a tour and a casual get to know you meeting, not really an interview, but more of a "are you a problematic personality" sort of thing. Then I was asked back for a full day interview and to give a 30 minute presentation on anything I wanted. ~25 people sat in on my presentation and some asked difficult questions. Some candidates crack under this pressure, but I made sure to present something I was very comfortable with so I was confident and able to answer any questions. After the presentation I was pushed through about 5 small group interviews, most of which stuck to standard type interview questions or dove deeper into my presentation. A few days later I got a call with an offer. They were flexible with my start date and everything went pretty smoothly with the on-boarding.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my presentation, mostly used to determine my thought process and critical thinking skills. Not many technical knowledge questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I should have.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview is probably initial screening. The hiring manager talked a little bit about the job and what was expected and required, and discussed about my qualifications and my hard skills.

Research Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation.

Interview

Started off by a scientific presentation, followed by meeting with the hiring PI, directors, other PIs, postdocs and associates, including a lunch with the persons from the perspective group. There's also a session with the HR and the recruiter. The PIs mostly discuss science and projects and the recruiter discuss the general aspects of working there.

Interview Questions

• What are the specific cases in which you have disagreement with your supervisor and how you solved the issues?   Answer Question

Low base salary

Research Associate I - Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on the Novarits Career website and within a week I received an email from an administrative assistant asking if u was still interested in the position and for possible times I would be available to come in for an interview. I replied and received an email with an interview schedule. My interview was 2 hours long and I was interviewed by the hiring manager,the lab director, an HR rep, and several lab members. Questions were generally about my previous research and work experience, and a few about my intended goals with the company. I had very few of the typical interview questions asked, except by the HR rep, who asked a couple. A few days after my interview I was contacted by HR and told there was a positive response to my interview. and was given a verbal offer from the director of the lab.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview question- what type of role do you fulfill in a group dynamic?   Answer Question
    • Describe your previous work experience as it pertains to the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation since it is a temporary job. I wrote down a specific amount on my paper application, but also mentioned I was open to negotiation. However, my original amount was exceeded so there was no negotiation needed.

Medicinal Chemistry Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in June 2014.

Interview

The process was great. The phone interview included some technical questions about working in a lab. General reactivates of acids and bases and also common workup procedures. After in the in person interview they asked questions about my experience from my resume. All in all a great comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make an offer and I just accepted.

Scientific Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Very professional and great questions. Met with PI and team members within the research group as well as a member of a separate departmental focus group. Questions were very well address and necessary for position. Willingness and encouragement to assure that I could learn new skill sets and techniques were spot on.

Interview Questions

• How are well do you work both independently and in a team environment?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation.

Interview

Interviewed for this position first by phone, then twice in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation, because it was a contract position.

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in March 2008.

Interview

After an initial phone conversation, I was invited for an onsite interview. The onsite lasted about 4 hours, meeting the hiring manager and various other scientific personnel. The questions consisted of technical and personality type.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much as I needed the job.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in February 2008.

Interview

Warm communications

Interview Questions

• What 's your .Net language prefer?   1 Answer
    • Do you know about OOP?   1 Answer