Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014
5 interviews

Research Associate I - Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in August 2014.

I applied on the Novarits Career website and within a week I received an email from an administrative assistant asking if u was still interested in the position and for possible times I would be available to come in for an interview. I replied and received an email with an interview schedule. My interview was 2 hours long and I was interviewed by the hiring manager,the lab director, an HR rep, and several lab members. Questions were generally about my previous research and work experience, and a few about my intended goals with the company. I had very few of the typical interview questions asked, except by the HR rep, who asked a couple. A few days after my interview I was contacted by HR and told there was a positive response to my interview. and was given a verbal offer from the director of the lab.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview question- what type of role do you fulfill in a group dynamic?   Answer Question
    • Describe your previous work experience as it pertains to the job description.   Answer Question
    There was really no negotiation since it is a temporary job. I wrote down a specific amount on my paper application, but also mentioned I was open to negotiation. However, my original amount was exceeded so there was no negotiation needed.

Medicinal Chemistry Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in June 2014.

The process was great. The phone interview included some technical questions about working in a lab. General reactivates of acids and bases and also common workup procedures. After in the in person interview they asked questions about my experience from my resume. All in all a great comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    They make an offer and I just accepted.

Temporary Associate Scientist II Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation.

Interviewed for this position first by phone, then twice in person.

Interview Questions
    There was not much of a negotiation, because it was a contract position.

Associate Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in March 2008.

After an initial phone conversation, I was invited for an onsite interview. The onsite lasted about 4 hours, meeting the hiring manager and various other scientific personnel. The questions consisted of technical and personality type.

Interview Questions
    Not much as I needed the job.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in February 2008.

Warm communications

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation

Worked for Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation? Contribute to the Community!