Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation

Unclaimed Profile

Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation.

Interview

Started off by a scientific presentation, followed by meeting with the hiring PI, directors, other PIs, postdocs and associates, including a lunch with the persons from the perspective group. There's also a session with the HR and the recruiter. The PIs mostly discuss science and projects and the recruiter discuss the general aspects of working there.

Interview Questions

• What are the specific cases in which you have disagreement with your supervisor and how you solved the issues?   Answer Question

Low base salary

Research Associate I - Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on the Novarits Career website and within a week I received an email from an administrative assistant asking if u was still interested in the position and for possible times I would be available to come in for an interview. I replied and received an email with an interview schedule. My interview was 2 hours long and I was interviewed by the hiring manager,the lab director, an HR rep, and several lab members. Questions were generally about my previous research and work experience, and a few about my intended goals with the company. I had very few of the typical interview questions asked, except by the HR rep, who asked a couple. A few days after my interview I was contacted by HR and told there was a positive response to my interview. and was given a verbal offer from the director of the lab.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview question- what type of role do you fulfill in a group dynamic?   Answer Question
    • Describe your previous work experience as it pertains to the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation since it is a temporary job. I wrote down a specific amount on my paper application, but also mentioned I was open to negotiation. However, my original amount was exceeded so there was no negotiation needed.

Medicinal Chemistry Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in June 2014.

Interview

The process was great. The phone interview included some technical questions about working in a lab. General reactivates of acids and bases and also common workup procedures. After in the in person interview they asked questions about my experience from my resume. All in all a great comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make an offer and I just accepted.

Temporary Associate Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation.

Interview

Interviewed for this position first by phone, then twice in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation, because it was a contract position.

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in March 2008.

Interview

After an initial phone conversation, I was invited for an onsite interview. The onsite lasted about 4 hours, meeting the hiring manager and various other scientific personnel. The questions consisted of technical and personality type.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much as I needed the job.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in February 2008.

Interview

Warm communications

Interview Questions

• What 's your .Net language prefer?   1 Answer
    • Do you know about OOP?   1 Answer

Work at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation? Share Your Experiences

Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation