Genoptix

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

3.2

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Genoptix.

Applied online and got a call back the next day. Great phone interview with HR. A couple days later had a great conversation with the hiring manager. Was called in for a face to face and met with 5 members of the team. Thought the whole interview went really well but never heard back at all.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected, just asked about experience dealing with difficult workplace scenarios. In my opinion, it led me to believe that this group may experience a lot of internal struggle, thus wanting to know how candidates deal with such issues. It was probably a blessing I never received a call back.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Genoptix.

Typical interview questions regarding skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember being asked any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Had to go through employment company for several months without benefits.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genoptix.

The interview process was standard, however they told me they require all new employees to work 3 months in shipping unpacking and processing samples.

Interview Questions
    • They seemed concerned about if I would be going to grad school.   Answer Question

Lab Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genoptix in September 2010.

The interview process was very detailed. I had a couple of phone interviews with the laboratory manager and hr recruiter. The next step was on site interview with several management staff and laboratory staff. I had to sign papers to get inside the building, just for being interviewed. Since I was from out of area, the HR staff was very efficient and helpful thru out the process. I was impressed to meet one of the Executive Officers during my interview and toured the facility.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genoptix in August 2010.

Very intense interviewing with 5 - 6 people. Tina Nova, managed care, hr, etc. 30 min each.

Interview Questions
    No negotioation on high end of salary range or vacation.