Genpact Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genpact.

Campus Interview. 1st round is the written, 2nd and 3rd rounds are the campus interview. submit the C.V on the campus career fair and send me an email and had a written test.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genpact in February 2015.

About 40 min, first introduce yourself, then how do you know genpact, finally start to asking you the questions about your resume, what you have done. Questions are very theoretical and mathematical because they are looking for people really knows the detail theory of statistics. In the end answer your questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why you choose logistic regression in this project? Why not the others? How to calculate the coefficient?   Answer Question

Sales Agent for One of Their Clients Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genpact in February 2015.

The recruiter contacted me through email and then I replied to her and told her when I'll be available. The recruiter called me first over the phone. She asked me a few questions and let me know a few details about the company and the position. Afterwards, she scheduled me for an interview with the HR Manager and the Sales Team in their Ann Arbor site.

The interview was 10am and I arrived 10 minutes early. It was fine because it gave me time to be relaxed after my long drive. The HR manager arrived and also the Sales Team Manager. They interviewed me in one of the interview rooms. The questions were pretty basic and it's pretty expected I think. They were reading question out of a paper and taking some notes as I answer the questions.

I believe my interview went really well as I have answered their questions really well too. My answers were very natural and I am very confident about it because all my answers came from my actual experiences from my previous career and school work.

Analyst Interview

2 rounds of interviews,: the first was with HR and VP and second at headquarters. Process was not the most professional and the interviewers seemed to only care about technical capabilities. The HR person was stern and asked too many personal questions. Second was at headquarters and was basically a technical test of programming skills

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genpact in October 2014.

I got the interview from university career service.It is said to hire around 40 persons this year in Dallas to conduct financial analyst.I have only finished the on campus interview. now almost 1 month has passed and I have got no reply yet. They will ask both behavior question and technical questions based on your background and related to the real practice. They are easy questions and anyone can answer them with their own knowledge. But they can have an overall knowledge of your understanding of the financial market.

Interview Questions
    • when analyzing credit risk of the credit card business, how will you make the model   Answer Question

Senior Manager - Reengineering Interview

The process started with HR and a couple of VP/SVP's in the company to gauge your fit with the practice as a whole and how uniform your thought process is to the overall Reengineering process. The second consists of a technical interview to understand your level of proficiency with the Six Sigma DMAIC and Lean methodologies.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to your data analytics approach and how it translates to the solution presented.   Answer Question

Senior Big Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genpact in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. Following a couple of interviews with that recruiter in which I described my skill-set and the limitations of my skill-set in great honest detail, my resume was passed on to an internal HR person. HR ran a behavioral interview with me and then my application was forwarded to two of the three panel members who would make the final hiring decision.

The two panel members questioned me about my background in separate 45 minute phone screens the same day. I stressed that I did not know enterprise big data technology -- I have no experience with Hadoop and my background is in distributed computing for science HPC applications in academia. Following those phone screens, I was invited to a final round in-person interview with those same two interviewers and one additional interviewer.

In the final round interview, I was asked questions that I had repeatedly stated I would not be able to answer. Questions about Hadoop and data storage solutions I had never claimed to know anything about. I was disappointed to learn that despite being very explicit about my past experience, many of the properties that I mentioned were nevertheless truly requirements for the job. I could not have been clearer about my background. Genpact wasted my time, but I'm happy to say they wasted their own as well, and should seriously consider reworking their hiring process.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Genpact in June 2014.

Started off with a third party recruiter reaching out to me and setting up a meeting with Genpact recruiter. A time was setup with Genpact 1st Round, the interviewer never showed up, highly unprofessional and arrogant behavior.

Upon discussion, a second round was setup with someone in India. Again a highly unprofessional interview that lasted 10 minutes because the guy had to go to another meeting. Could not ask the right insightful questions which demonstrated a severe lack of industry knowledge. Thats it, then I never heard from them, yes/no nothing. I followed up numerous times. Highly unprofessional, lack of knowledge and incompetent discussions. I would not recommend this firm to anyone seeking real growth opportunities. I can just imagine, how unstructured it may be from inside after initial conversations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing the interviewers did not have the depth of knowledge to ask any meaningful and insightful questions. Its a BPO at the end of the day.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genpact in March 2014.

I had multiple phone interviews with Genpact - all went very well and were handled extremely professionally. Unfortunately in the final interview, I was not selected due to another candidate beating me out, but I left with a very positive impression of Genpact as a company.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewing for a position which I didn't have as much experience in recruiting for those skillsets as I had with other skills. This seemed to be my only weakness.   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Genpact in February 2014.

Conducted 2 interviews via Skype with one manager in new York and the other in India. Both interview lasted less than 5 minutes but I guess they were impressed because I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you hated at your previous job and how would you change it if you happen to have the same experience at this job   Answer Question
    Negotiations went back and forth but they refused to Burge on vacation days