Genpact

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

Management Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genpact in May 2013.

it was a contract to hire position. there were 2 rounds. one from the guy who was working at client location. and the other one was from a practice head. they both were really nice and made me comfortable during the entire process. the first round was a fit based set of questions and checking the confidence levels. the second one was more to the point and was clearly explained the position details and also was heard patiently of all my experience details.

Interview Questions
    • why are you applying for this position when clearly over qualified?   Answer Question

Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Genpact.

called in then did a one on one interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

called for an interview at campus .. got selected after answering and talking to them about general questions and few technical questions

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of technical questions on outdated technologies   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

interviewed at Genpact in February 2013.

The interview was pretty standard with nothing that really caught me off guard. I was told that parking was hard to find and that I should arrive early, which was true. The interview took about a half hour and covered basic questions about my past work experience. We started talking pretty informally about my experience, so it was pretty relaxed and I wasn't very nervous. Overall, it was pretty good.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with your calls being recorded?   View Answer

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genpact in November 2012.

Interview in Genpact needs a lot of patience. Their whole interview process is tough and needs a whole day or 2 days in some cases.

Interview Questions
    • high level communication skill testing was worthless for an accounts profile   Answer Question

Profile ddnt matched my Experience

Regional Tax Lead - Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Genpact in September 2011.

Initial discussion with HR consisted mainly of the company's recruiter giving me a high-level view of the company and trying to sell me the position. Contrast that with the 1:1 interview, where the interviewer rarely if ever made eye contact, was slumped in the chair, and asked if socializing in the workplace was important to my daily life. Interviewer repeatedly referred to additional candidates and second rounds of interviews, all with the inferred air of "you are wasting my time." Considering I have more years of experience than the position required and strengths in all the right areas, this was especially insulting. I had no interest in the position after completing the interview, and if the roles were reversed, would never hire that person.

Interview Questions
    • Is interacting with others important to your every day work? (Which I interpreted as networking or interacting with clients and colleagues - which she meant as "socializing" - said with a sneer.)   Answer Question

Interviewer (and direct report) was dismissive, unfriendly, generally abrupt and almost insulting. Completely unexpected treatment based on the phone interview and previous discussion with recruiter.

Senior Manager - Reengineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

interviewed at Genpact in July 2011.

It is a company who is still trapped in the 80s, and for that matters, they are focused on "Reengineering" and Lean/Six Sigma tools, so expect theoretical questions such as what is Lean, what are the differences between Lean and Six Sigma. Also, you should expect a deep dive into your resume, so be prepared to have all your stories ready.

Interview Questions
    HR will call you and you can negotiate the offer with them. If there is no agreement, they might call you again.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genpact in March 2011.

8 step process.

1) Vendor call
    2) pre-screen by HR
    3) Telephonic interview - round 1
    4) telehonic interview - round 2 (client discussion)
    5) HR interview
    6) Application form
    7) Offer
    8) Background check

Interview Questions
    negotiate but they dont go beyond salary grid which are fixed...

Google Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Genpact in January 2011.

I had sent my resume to the company that hired this company; however, this company contacted me claiming I had put my resume online.

Okay

ETL Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genpact in November 2010.

I got a call from a recruiter and did a basic phone screen. A few days later the recruiter called and we set up an appointment for a phone interview with Genpack.

Genpack stood me up three times. Each time giving me the reason that they got very bust with emergencies at work.

Interview Questions
    • Describe some of the latest features of the new version of the software.   Answer Question