Genpact

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

2 rounds of interviews,: the first was with HR and VP and second at headquarters. Process was not the most professional and the interviewers seemed to only care about technical capabilities. The HR person was stern and asked too many personal questions. Second was at headquarters and was basically a technical test of programming skills

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genpact in October 2014.

I got the interview from university career service.It is said to hire around 40 persons this year in Dallas to conduct financial analyst.I have only finished the on campus interview. now almost 1 month has passed and I have got no reply yet. They will ask both behavior question and technical questions based on your background and related to the real practice. They are easy questions and anyone can answer them with their own knowledge. But they can have an overall knowledge of your understanding of the financial market.

Interview Questions
    • when analyzing credit risk of the credit card business, how will you make the model   Answer Question

Senior Manager - Reengineering Interview

The process started with HR and a couple of VP/SVP's in the company to gauge your fit with the practice as a whole and how uniform your thought process is to the overall Reengineering process. The second consists of a technical interview to understand your level of proficiency with the Six Sigma DMAIC and Lean methodologies.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to your data analytics approach and how it translates to the solution presented.   Answer Question

Senior Big Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genpact in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. Following a couple of interviews with that recruiter in which I described my skill-set and the limitations of my skill-set in great honest detail, my resume was passed on to an internal HR person. HR ran a behavioral interview with me and then my application was forwarded to two of the three panel members who would make the final hiring decision.

The two panel members questioned me about my background in separate 45 minute phone screens the same day. I stressed that I did not know enterprise big data technology -- I have no experience with Hadoop and my background is in distributed computing for science HPC applications in academia. Following those phone screens, I was invited to a final round in-person interview with those same two interviewers and one additional interviewer.

In the final round interview, I was asked questions that I had repeatedly stated I would not be able to answer. Questions about Hadoop and data storage solutions I had never claimed to know anything about. I was disappointed to learn that despite being very explicit about my past experience, many of the properties that I mentioned were nevertheless truly requirements for the job. I could not have been clearer about my background. Genpact wasted my time, but I'm happy to say they wasted their own as well, and should seriously consider reworking their hiring process.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Genpact in June 2014.

Started off with a third party recruiter reaching out to me and setting up a meeting with Genpact recruiter. A time was setup with Genpact 1st Round, the interviewer never showed up, highly unprofessional and arrogant behavior.

Upon discussion, a second round was setup with someone in India. Again a highly unprofessional interview that lasted 10 minutes because the guy had to go to another meeting. Could not ask the right insightful questions which demonstrated a severe lack of industry knowledge. Thats it, then I never heard from them, yes/no nothing. I followed up numerous times. Highly unprofessional, lack of knowledge and incompetent discussions. I would not recommend this firm to anyone seeking real growth opportunities. I can just imagine, how unstructured it may be from inside after initial conversations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing the interviewers did not have the depth of knowledge to ask any meaningful and insightful questions. Its a BPO at the end of the day.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genpact in March 2014.

I had multiple phone interviews with Genpact - all went very well and were handled extremely professionally. Unfortunately in the final interview, I was not selected due to another candidate beating me out, but I left with a very positive impression of Genpact as a company.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewing for a position which I didn't have as much experience in recruiting for those skillsets as I had with other skills. This seemed to be my only weakness.   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Genpact in February 2014.

Conducted 2 interviews via Skype with one manager in new York and the other in India. Both interview lasted less than 5 minutes but I guess they were impressed because I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you hated at your previous job and how would you change it if you happen to have the same experience at this job   Answer Question
    Negotiations went back and forth but they refused to Burge on vacation days

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genpact in January 2014.

Submit resume via company website and we will contact you!

Interview Questions
    • They are always changing... nothing that a prospective candidate with experience in the given field should be unprepared to answer.   Answer Question
    It was tough because they pay market expectations... offer was extremely fair because they knew what I wanted up front and that is the offer that was made. No surprises from me so there were no surprises at the offer stage.

Customer Service - Online Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genpact in January 2014.

I was emailed by a recruiter named to set up an interview in the Ann Arbor office. So, I went to the office for an interview which was an hour drive, I show up for the interview on time and after waiting a for 30 minutes, the person that was supposed to interview me said that they didn't have me on the schedule. We decided to reschedule it for the week after. The interview was easy going with just questions about my resume. After the interview the interviewer told me that they would like to move me towards the next step which was an assessment which was not that difficult. After submitting the assessment, I was told that I would hear back within a couple of days, however, I haven't heard back from this company and it has been over a month. I believe this company is very unprofessional and unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of some internet applications that you have used.   Answer Question

US GAAP Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Genpact in November 2013.

1. HR Round,