Genscape Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

interviewed at Genscape in June 2014.

Applied online at their website, then contacted by an HR recruiter. Had two phone interviews: first with the recruiter, then with a company member, and then an on-site interview with the same member and one other. No technical questions. Casual atmosphere. Interviewers were friendly and not intimidating. All questions were based off my resume.

Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Genscape.

Quick initial response after applying online, pretty slow on follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Non-technical interview, mostly situational questions.   Answer Question

Genscape Response

Apr 18, 2014Director of Talent Management

Thank you again for your interest in our company! We really appreciate it. For this specific internship role, we received a lot of interest and applications, which is a great thing, but then does ... More

Junior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Genscape in April 2014.

Found job posting on campus career services site and sent resume to recruiter. Recruiter contacted me through email to sent up initial phone interview. Conducted phone interview, last ~30mins. Recruiter said she would follow up in a week after speaking with Hiring Manager. After over a week passed I followed up and Recruiter indicated that Hiring Manager had been traveling so was delayed but that she was going to pass my resume on and would follow up in a week. Waited two more weeks and didn't hear anything, left a voice mail and it went unreturned.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genscape.

The HR dept of Genscape is really friendly. They helped me in setting up an interview with the software engineering department. I had a phone interview as well as on-site interview. Most of the questions were based on my resume and the technologies I have worked with. They were interested in knowing how I approached different situations in previous projects. They are more keen on taking people having sound fundamental knowledge in programming languages.

Interview Questions
    • I didnt have any of the difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question
    As I said HR is really friendly. They are really helpful in offering the reasonable rate per hour.

Natural Gas Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genscape in May 2013.

Initially received a call back from my online application from HR (Talent Acquisition Specialist) within a few days of submitting it. They were very helpful in explaining the company as a whole and what the initial interview process was going to be like. They were flexible in setting up a first interview at my earliest convenience. I was able to ask questions about the company over the phone, and they asked some preliminary basic questions about my resume and experience. My interview took place at the Boulder office and I interviewed with three employees on the gas team, one of them being my future manager. The interview went really smoothly and the interview was mainly a dialogue back and forth about my resume and work experiences and how that will translate into a role with the company. They did a good job of explaining what the company did, but my (future) job duties could have been better explained at the time of the interview. Besides that, when leaving the interview I instantly felt like I was a part of the Genscape team and felt confident I would receive an offer. I was able to talk with them about the work culture at Genscape in addition to the normal interview dialogue that takes place.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain how a degree in Biochemistry relates to the energy industry and the data intensive part of this job?"

"What is Biochemistry (major I graduated with) and what does it mean to you?"
        View Answer
    Genscape gives competitive offers, but they seem open to some negotiation.

Analyst, Oil Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Genscape in April 2013.

1. Email to set up phone interview
    2. Phone interview
    3. Manager (Boss) Interview
    4. Managing Director of Division Interview
    5. Offer

Interview Questions
    • What sort of oil play would have a hyperbolic production decline curve?   View Answer
    Very flexible negotiation. Quick responce afterward and willing to negotiation almost everything including start date, salary and vacation time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Genscape.

I had 3 interviews, Initial screen over the phone, a second in person interview with two teams of developers, and a third follow up over the phone. The interview wasn't entirely too technical, but a lot of good questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • There were some detailed java library questions involving spring   Answer Question
    They made a very appropriate offer with not a lot of fuss.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genscape in November 2010.

Phone Interview with HR
    The only issue I detected was that in 2008 I has been laid off a job paying 75K a year this job paid 55K they were concerned that I woulld not be happy with salary and they were correct.
    Phone Interview with Hiring Managers
    We talked a lot about potential projects it was more like a staff meeting
    In person Interview with HR, Manager and Team
    This was more about seeing if I would get along with the team.

Was not any

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genscape in June 2009.

Applied online and received initial screen phone call. After initial screening I had a technical phone interview with the department head that lasted about a hour. I was then invited to an in-person interview. During the in-person interview I met the immediate manager for the position and three groups of his other team members. During this panel I was given a basic Java development skills test. The interviewers were all technically proficient and asked very pointed questions to gauge my technical expertise and ability to perform under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult problem you were given to solve at your current employer and how did you come to your solution?   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genscape in January 2008.

Sent resume, called by VP of IT, phone interviewed with him, Met him for a one on one, then had a panel interview. Offer presented, took Personality Test. Met with team members. Took a couple days to ponder offer and decided to stay where I am.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about your most difficult day in your current position and how did you overcome the difficulty.   Answer Question
    • Analyze this scenario (gave technical scenario) and wanted specific, detailed, finite answers relating to how each procedure should work, commands used, etc.   View Answer

Didn't truly wish to leave up and coming technology presented by my company to a more 9-5 position.

Worked for Genscape? Contribute to the Community!