Genscape Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.6

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA).

Interview

Contacted via email by HR, phone interview with HR and in-person interview with 2 heads of the marketing department. Got to see the Boston office, which was pretty new and bustling. The two interviewers were difficult to read and mostly just fired off questions, but pleasant enough.

Interview Questions

• What kind of people do you work best with? What management style is most effective for you? Which part of the job description did you find most interesting?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genscape in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about week after applying. I had one interview with HR and I thought it went well. At the end, the woman said my information would be forwarded to someone else so that a second interview would be set up. A week later I e-mailed her and she said they were still looking at profiles and to "stay tuned". Another week goes by and I message her again only to find out I had been passed over. It was dissappointing to be told I was moving on and to stay tuned only to be turned down. Its a shame because it looks like a great company and I wanted the chance to show my skills in person.

Interview Questions

Genscape Response

Jun 25, 2015 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for the feedback and we do apologize on feeling like you were passed over. We did receive a lot of interest for this role and it was a very tough decision to sort through the applications ... More

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I heard back from the Director of Talent Management the same day that I had applied online! We set up a time to chat over the phone and I was invited in for an in person interview right away. After the in person in the Boston office, I then interviewed with two other people in HR over the phone and had an offer about a month after my initial application :)

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genscape (Louisville, KY) in August 2014.

Interview

Several phone interviews - one with recruiter and one with manager and one with another office manager. Then face-to-face interviews with manager and other team members. Everyone was very pleasant and easy to talk to. It is helpful if you are funny as they like to have fun. Easy atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• If I met a friend of yours, what is something good they would say about you?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

interviewed at Genscape (Boulder, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online at their website, then contacted by an HR recruiter. Had two phone interviews: first with the recruiter, then with a company member, and then an on-site interview with the same member and one other. No technical questions. Casual atmosphere. Interviewers were friendly and not intimidating. All questions were based off my resume.

Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genscape (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Quick initial response after applying online, pretty slow on follow up.

Interview Questions

• Non-technical interview, mostly situational questions.   Answer Question

Genscape Response

Apr 18, 2014 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you again for your interest in our company! We really appreciate it. For this specific internship role, we received a lot of interest and applications, which is a great thing, but then does ... More

Junior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Genscape (Boulder, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

Found job posting on campus career services site and sent resume to recruiter. Recruiter contacted me through email to sent up initial phone interview. Conducted phone interview, last ~30mins. Recruiter said she would follow up in a week after speaking with Hiring Manager. After over a week passed I followed up and Recruiter indicated that Hiring Manager had been traveling so was delayed but that she was going to pass my resume on and would follow up in a week. Waited two more weeks and didn't hear anything, left a voice mail and it went unreturned.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA).

Interview

The HR dept of Genscape is really friendly. They helped me in setting up an interview with the software engineering department. I had a phone interview as well as on-site interview. Most of the questions were based on my resume and the technologies I have worked with. They were interested in knowing how I approached different situations in previous projects. They are more keen on taking people having sound fundamental knowledge in programming languages.

Interview Questions

• I didnt have any of the difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

As I said HR is really friendly. They are really helpful in offering the reasonable rate per hour.

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Had a HR phone screen, where basic interests were noted. Then had an interview with the Senior Software Engineer, where I was told about the role and my basic OOPS concepts were tested. There was no coding. I was called on-site for the last round, where I meet the team and had an interview for around 45 minutes with the Senior Software Engineer who asked me questions pertaining to my previous work experience and tested data modelling concepts. Salary details were also discussed.

Interview Questions

• How did you design the database for your school project? Explain how you normalized the data.   Answer Question

Natural Gas Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genscape (Boulder, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially received a call back from my online application from HR (Talent Acquisition Specialist) within a few days of submitting it. They were very helpful in explaining the company as a whole and what the initial interview process was going to be like. They were flexible in setting up a first interview at my earliest convenience. I was able to ask questions about the company over the phone, and they asked some preliminary basic questions about my resume and experience. My interview took place at the Boulder office and I interviewed with three employees on the gas team, one of them being my future manager. The interview went really smoothly and the interview was mainly a dialogue back and forth about my resume and work experiences and how that will translate into a role with the company. They did a good job of explaining what the company did, but my (future) job duties could have been better explained at the time of the interview. Besides that, when leaving the interview I instantly felt like I was a part of the Genscape team and felt confident I would receive an offer. I was able to talk with them about the work culture at Genscape in addition to the normal interview dialogue that takes place.

Interview Questions

• "Explain how a degree in Biochemistry relates to the energy industry and the data intensive part of this job?" "What is Biochemistry (major I graduated with) and what does it mean to you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Genscape gives competitive offers, but they seem open to some negotiation.