Gensler Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graphic/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gensler in October 2012.

I applied directly on the website and got a response within a week. The first interview was with 2 people from the department, and after the successful completion of that interview, they invited me back the following week for a larger panel interview with key team members as well as the creative director and other interaction designers from communications. I heard back a week later with a job offer and negotiated compensation which took about 1-2 days. I started about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • How does the process for designing web applications differ from the design process for creating general websites?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate based on my previous salary. I encourage people to be firm on what you think you are worth, because you'll be happiest if you feel you are being compensated appropriately.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gensler in February 2014.

I applied online in January 2014 and got their email for interview in February. I live in S.F. so I choose online interview and they sent me a gotomeeting invitation. It is a nice interview! They two architects who are the interviewer are very nice, just chatting, I think. They asked me about my background and my portfolio. Then they talked about the internship program. Actually I think for those who are reading this message, probably you've got an invitation for interview, and it's very likely they will give you an offer! Good luck and God bless you!

not able to negotiated about the salary it is about 3000$/month

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gensler in November 2009.

Total of two interviews, one with the direct person I would be working with and the other with his boss. Very personable and straight-forward

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly difficult questions, they were mostly about my capabilities which are easy to answer.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation, it was an offer, and I accepted. The monetary value was more than I was currently making and the job looked more promising in terms of career path.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gensler in June 2013.

A very positive and painless process in all. I had 2 phone interviews. One was a general screening interview by the recruiter (I think because my cell phone number had an odd area code which led them to think I was out of town), then she scheduled a phone conference where I spoke with 3 people using GoToMeeting's video conferencing. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview almost immediately after the phone conference, where I met the team and spoke more about my experience and what I was looking for. The conversations were very relaxed; we went through my portfolio and how I would approach visual design.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions probably were during the initial phone screening since they were specific questions, instead of questions about my work. Example of questions include: What does the word "creative" mean to you? Describe 3 qualities that make you attractive.   Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Gensler in April 2012.

Long process from initial contact to final offer; partly due to uncertainty around their hiring needs. Kept positive and persistent and it paid off! Good part is that the lengthy process resulted in meeting over a dozen people so by the time I started, felt very comfortable in office.

Interview Questions
    • Needed to present recent project and bring written samples   Answer Question
    No negotiation; terms were pretty set.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gensler in January 2009.

It was quick once you are offered the job. very efficient.

no room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gensler in March 2010.

I applied online for an internship in February, I believe. Sent a resume and a few work samples. I heard from them about a month later via email, saying they reviewed my portfolio and resume and would like to continue with a phone interview. I picked a day that worked for me..they called right on time. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was overall a pleasant experience although I was nervous, initially! They asked questions about my schooling, what I expected from an internship experience, what kinds of computer skills I had, etc. They asked for any other school projects I could show them, so I emailed them afterwards with attachments of additional projects. A week later they called me asking me if I would like to come and work for them for the summer! They also sent an email. I accepted a few days later and that was that!! It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Gensler? Contribute to the Community!