Gentex (Michigan) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gentex (Michigan).

Interview

Watch videos, tested on an simulated production line. They mostly hire through temp agencys so you first have to pass the temp process. After that you will meet with Gentex to see if you are a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gentex (Michigan) in February 2015.

Interview

When I was on site, I was first interviewed briefly by the HR department, then interviewed by two different engineers. The people in HR told me that the number to keep in mind is 60K for a new hire, but the only way you get there is to pick up an off shift and then rely on profit sharing. Each interview had their own questions along with the standard company questions. After each interview with the engineers, they took me on a tour of a few of the plant floors and they showed off some of the technology they make.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gentex (Michigan).

Interview

Submitted my resume through a college career fair. Was contacted my an HR recruiter requesting a phone interview to discuss potential employment options at the company. This led to a phone interview with the software test manager. Later I was asked to come in for about 5 one-hour long interviews. A few weeks later I was called back for a second on-site interview that was a bit shorter. The entire process took almost 2 months.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Two interviews, initially very informal with potential manager, supervisor and manager in IT department, second more formal, answering questions provided by CEO. The first was held in the cafeteria area, (disconcertingly) behind doors telling guests to go to a different door. Free coffee and soda and snack vending machines were available. All three were surprised that I hadn't already met with HR. References and employability were determined between interviews. The second interview was in an office, and was almost entirely read off a printout of (I'm guessing) an email. I was then given a short tour of the part of the facility under the potential manager's control.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was better than I was expecting, despite being told Gentex has lower than average salaries, so didn't try to negotiate.

Production Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI).

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a career and was asked to visit the plant for an interview. They paid for my trip to get there as well as lunch and lodging. I met with an HR specialist and 2 department managers during my time. The questions were more about my thinking process, hobbies, and leadership abilities.

Interview Questions

• What type of company would I start if I was given the applicable necessities.   Answer Question

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Typical interview, very easy. Company is growing so they hiring for all positions. Depending on the position you are applying for there can be multiple interviews. Basically looking for people that wants to grow with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, they already have a set pay for new hires.?

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

First interview was over the phone and mostly technical talk. Second interview was in person. Very comfortable environment and everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. The employees seem to enjoy working for Gentex. Very focused on family first. Focused on staying ahead in the technical area.

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI).

Interview

I was hired through Manpower because I was new and temporary. Interview was simple and over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something unexpected that happened, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Production Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

After meeting with one of the recruiter at the job fair, I was invited for on site interview. I was interviewed by two separate engineers at two different building. They each walked me around their facility and production line then interviewed me at a random corner of the building, like a cafeteria or lounge.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just personality questions, nothing technical. They check if you did your homework regarding their company and that's about it.   Answer Question

Starting salary was a bit low to be considered for relocation.

Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI).

Interview

At the time (1998) there really wasn't much of a hiring/interview process. Gentex was growing in massive leaps and needed people. I came well researched and prepared for all sorts of electronics tests and questions but those things never transpired. Later at the company I learned that the person conducting my interview is not a prepared manager. His interviews, like everything else he does, is really only surface deep.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None