Gentiva Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.6

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gentiva.

Interview

The interview process was easier than I expected. I was interviewed by both the manager and supervisor. Standard situational/behavioral interview queations. It was about 2 weeks before I heard back from my interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to deal with an irate cutomer/employee   Answer Question

Travel Registeted Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gentiva (Christiansburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview d/t being hired for a 13 week assignment as a travel RN. All questions asked by interviewer were well thought and we'll organized. Educated questions with educated answers required. All my questions were answered with complete knowledge and straight forward. I went into this assignment knowing what I was going into and what was completed expected for my job duties, who to contact for questions, or concerns, and knowledge of where to locate all safety data, policy, and procedure manuals.

Interview Questions

• What was the Nurse/ patient ratio   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Gentiva (Jackson, MS) in February 2015.

Interview

Team interview after recruiter screening with two interviewers. Occurred in a very cramped space for three adults. Interviewers were not very interested in the interview procees. The main concern was not seeking information but was to get to the close of the interview. I think the candidate was chosen before I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose a career in Hospice services?
      What has prompted you to make a career change at this time?

1 Answer
    • How much experience would you expect a new Hospice employ to have?   1 Answer

Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gentiva (Hoover, AL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com. Phone interview with Gentiva HR recruiter - 45 minutes. Advanced to the next round - had a panel interview with the Program Director and two Clinical Managers...Advanced to the final phase - second panel interview with the Program Director and Office Manager. Received the job offer during second panel interview...Very honest, informative interview with the office personnel...

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any confrontation with your manager or colleagues?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary offer was accepted considering it being a decent offer and I have been unemployed for 3 plus years...However, I regret not asking for a higher salary...I will definitely work on my negotiating skills and not be afraid to throw a number out there. It's either a yes or no.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, then had a face to face with a Sales VP. The recruiter interview was very basic questions asking about background and salary. The F2F was going through the resume and asking sales questions that were fairly easy to answer.

Director Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gentiva in October 2014.

Interview

I made application online and because of common connections I was able to connect with HR rep on LinkedIn. I had a conference call interview with 2 admins that was a bit difficult as one was driving so much was repeated when she came back into service. One offices out of Austin so at least with her it was necessary. I think that worked against me though. HR was good to answer my requests for follow up and let me know when I was not selected. I applied on one day and was interviewed on the very next but it took a month and half to hear I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• My conversations with both were pretty long and in detail. It was easy to know what their "pains" were so I could address them. I was asked salary expectations.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. Received a phone call within 2 days from Gentiva Recruiter. She was very nice. Did initial phone interview which took about 30 minutes, basic questions. Set up an inperson interview. Met with Regional person who was also very nice. More of a conversation than an interview which was very welcome. Overall a great experience, just didn't advance to the next round.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle different personalities in the office?   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gentiva.

Interview

Usually 2 interviews. First is an individual interview followed by a group interview. They appear to be desperate for nurses now so the questions are minimal before an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just the standard. Minimal number of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation

RN Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gentiva.

Interview

Someone that is not even from the office, sets up interview. Finally interviewed with site staff and a third person, who would have been direct manager, didn't show. Other than that there isn't much to say, though I cant submit this until I write enough words.

Interview Questions

• They did not tell me exactly what would be involved with the job. Many things were learned along the way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not any negotiation

Patient Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Gentiva.

Interview

Plan on waiting months to hear back from a recruiter and then you will work through some national recruiter that doesn't know the local job market. Keep at it and keep calling the recruiter - there is no other way to make sure you are still being considered. I was recommended by an employee and knew the hiring manager but it still took about 6 months to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall any particularly difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, because by then we were at the local level. Takes forever to get to that point!