Genuine Parts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.6

Accounts Payable Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genuine Parts (Duluth, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Played phone tag with HR for a few days - She set up a time to call and then didn't call. She set up a time for an 'interview' which was with some analysts - although they never told me their position. Then I was asked for an interview with Manager and Director, lastly was asked to test and meet with a career counselor

Interview Questions

• How do I know you won't go back to your previous profession?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genuine Parts in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for position and received an e-mail to contact HR dept. Set up interview for initial meeting two days advance notice. Met with 2 members of team and was given job duties job issues and management requirements.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a conflict with an employee that works for me/ What was outcome of the situation.   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genuine Parts.

Interview

I applied on-line. Was emailed for an interview within a couple of weeks. Meet with three different people and was ask about my job experience and was told more about the position. It was not a hard interview and most of the interviewers were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• One guy did ask me what kind of car I drove. I thought that was odd.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Genuine Parts (Duluth, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied at GPC through a recruiter. Got called for an interview. Had to take an Assessment which was fairly easy. Then the HR send me an e-mail with 5 questions which talked about your experience in detail, salary requirements and direct reports. Got a call for interview in two weeks with AP supervisor and AP manager. Interview was very detailed and asked a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Your work experience with Accounts Payable. What do you know about the company? Your management experience and how would you define it?   Answer Question

Account Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genuine Parts (Duluth, GA).

Interview

I had interview over the phone with the hr assistant. she invited me to do the pre-employment test, and i passed it. she wanted me to do the test online i did pass it but for some reasons i was not invited to the interview. i finally called to learn that the position was filled. it was just a waste of time.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genuine Parts (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was one of the best I ever had for an employer. Human Resources department was very professional and a pleasure to sit down with for an interview.

Not once during the interview was a situation uncomfortable or awkward. It was honestly one of the best interview processes I ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Everything was straight forward from the moment I entered Genuine Parts Human Resources department in Houston,Texas.

The hardest part was waiting in the lobby with nobody to talk with. And worrying if I was going to obtain the job or not(which I did) Nothing about the interviewing process was uncomfortable and NAPA/Genuine Parts Company HR were very helpful and detailed about the job, the job description, the responsibilities of job, and what I will encounter while on the job. Which made it a lot easier to cope with and not get on the job site and have to figure everything out on my own.

HR director was very curtieous, and made me feel right at home and apart of the team before even being hired. It was a real pleasurable interview/Hiring Process.

During Orientation, it was very comfortable. We learned about the company, CEO, and work place ethics.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase because I am a delivery driver. The base pay is set, and no negotations took place.

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genuine Parts (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Several interviews in person. 1 panel interview with lightweight tech questions.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate but wish I had. It takes a really long time to get a response or an offer compared to most companies.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Genuine Parts (Albany, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Got word of position availability through workplace gossip, approached manager and received skills test and interview. Heard no word for weeks and then suddenly someone else was given the position without so much as a heads up.

Stock Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genuine Parts (Atlanta, GA) in June 2008.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and informal. I was asked about my experience, why I seek employment with GPC, what type of work ethic I have and what I feel I can bring to the team. I was then given a tour of the facility and introduced to some of the employees.