Genworth Financial Finance Development Program Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genworth Financial.

First Round was a regular phone screening where they asked me about my experiences in the clubs/organizations I was a part of and stuff about my internship

Second rounds consisted of 7 back to back interviews with questions relating to cash flow statements, excel skills, prior internship experiences and market outlook.

Interview Questions
  • Where would you invest given the current market conditions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genworth Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

1) formal phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and few regarding 4 financial statements. Went well. Looking forward for the 2nd round of interviews in their headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • According to you which one is the most important financial statement out of the four.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genworth Financial in December 2010.

I originally had a phone interview with Genworth after I had received an email from them asking to set one up with me. Then at the end of the phone interview they said that based on my answers they would like to have me in for anon-site interview. I went to the on-site interview and interviewed with four people total. First, me and two other people and then another interview were it was me and two other people. I was also given a tour of the Genworth campus.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had to be a leader in a group and how did you act and respond when there was a problem.   Answer Question
    • What is one thing that you can tell me you have learned in school that maybe the first time it was introduced you didn't totally understand the concept.   Answer Question
    After the interviews were over I left and was told that I would be contacted. Later I received a call from Genworth saying that they would like to extend me an offer. I accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genworth Financial in August 2010.

After completing an internship I gave a final presentation and went through two 30 minute interviews. The internship program is a great opportunity to demonstrate your abilities. I exposed myself to as many people as possible throughout the summer and when I got into the final interviews my interviewers already knew lots about me as well as what I had worked on throughout the summer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us the four financial statements and which one you think is most important and why...   Answer Question

Wanted to pursue opportunities in consulting

Finance Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genworth Financial in January 2010.

I submitted my resume to their winter internship and got rejected. They kept my resume on file and called me for their full time finance development program. I set up a phone interview with the recruiter and it was very basic questions: why genworth, why [insert majors here], where do you see yourself in 5 years, what financial statements do you look at when evaluating a company and why.

Then went in for in person interview to Richmond (headquarters) where I had two panel interviews consisting of two people each. There were tons of fit questions and not really as many technicals as i expected. I did well on the technicals (but there were barely any, I had to bring them in myself) but the fits were hard especially when asked one after the other, such as " what two things do you want out of a job and what two things do you not want out of a job [they all had to be distinct]" and what company would you not work for and why?

Reason for rejection is prob b/c fit questions were tough, but prepare for those and this should be a pretty good company to enter into.