Genworth Financial

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Intern Interview

Richmond, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied at a job fair at my school and got a call from them a few weeks afterward asking if I'd like to do a quick phone interview. I agreed and set it up. I'm a sophomore, for an idea of where I'm at.

The first phone interview was very easy. They were all behavioral questions with one very general technical one, likely just to do some basic screening.

After that, they called me telling me they'd like for me to come down to Richmond and do an on-site interview. The put me up in a pretty nice hotel right near their headquarters. The on-site interview was a series of three 1:1 interviews. They asked quite a few behavioral questions with a few somewhat general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you took a risk to implement something you believed in.   Answer Question
  • What's so great about Object Oriented Design?   Answer Question
  • Describe the difference between the compilation process of a C++ program, and that of a Java program.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location wasn't what I wanted - I wanted to travel a little further away. I also felt I could do a little better with the salary.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Genworth Financial

Worked for Genworth Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Genworth Financial Videos

Genworth Financial – Why Work for Us?

The Genworth story Since writing our first policy in 1871 as The Life Insurance Company of Virginia, we've been committed to helping people effectively protect and achieve the comfort of financial security. Today, even… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genworth Financial IT Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Genworth Financial employees and interview candidates.