Genworth Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details – After a recruiter (third part vendor) screening I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then was called in for a full day interview. Had a 6 hour interview, total of 6, one hour sessions. Met with 8 people total, all face to face and one interviewed me on phone from different location. Except for 1 VP level person, all others were not even fit to be interviewing. One interviewer asked a question on SEI-CMM for which he did not know the answer. After I explained to him about the different levels, he blurted out" thanks for explaining, I did not know that'.

No question was out of the ordinary. If you look up on the internet on the top 20 interview questions, you should do well. Almost all interviewers asked "tell me about yourself" and "why should we pick you".

My 3th interview was an interview with sandwich for lunch. So stupid (also very cheap). How could one eat and talk at the same time. The interviewers took their sandwich to eat after the interview. They forced me to eat, but I could hardly nibble.

Interview Question – One question that was repeated by 3 people because of the position was "How will you convince others of your plan/method/path or how will you sell your idea?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and bump my base up by 4 % and I accepted the offer. The whole process (between the first call and the start date) took 2 months with about 2-3 weeks between each process.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Genworth Financial

Worked for Genworth Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Genworth Financial Videos

Genworth Financial – Why Work for Us?

The Genworth story Since writing our first policy in 1871 as The Life Insurance Company of Virginia, we've been committed to helping people effectively protect and achieve the comfort of financial security. Today, even… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genworth Financial IT Project Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Genworth Financial employees and interview candidates.