Genworth Financial

57 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Finance Interview

Finance

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and was not something that I think would have been that long for the position that I had applied for and was at the office interviewing for. With that being said I think that the interview was fair but was much more detailed than I had anticipated.

Interview Question – It wasn't the question that was most difficult during the course of the interview it was the actual format itself.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Lynchburg, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2008.

Interview Details – I was an employee referral for an executive assistant opening. The initial phone interview was used as a screening interview. The next phase was with an HR representative. The interview was difficult and monotonous. The HR rep never varied her style or type of questions. It was strictly a situational interview. Based on her "What would you do if this happened" questions, it was my impression that the hiring manager was either difficult to work with or that I would be handling nothing but problem situations day after day.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had an irate customer on the phone who insisted on speaking with Ms. Jones who was unavailable?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Lynchburg, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in July 2009.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume online directly to the companies website. A few days later, I was contacted by an HR person who did a few screening questions (birthdate, salary requirements, etc). Contacted a week later and an interview was set up. Interviewed on Saturday, along with several others. It was in front a team of 4. One person asked the questions, while others took notes. A lot of behavioral questions were asked. Ended with questions from me. And I left! Called on Tuesday and was offered the job.

Interview Question – Have you ever had any difficulty getting along with people at work?   View Answer

Accounting Analyst Interview

Accounting Analyst
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the role online, directly from the company's website. After a day or two, I recieved an email from an HR representative requesting a phone screen. After completing the 20 minute phonescreen, i was invited in for an initial in - person sceening interview the following week. After completing that, I was invityed backa third time for a half day session of interviews with the immediate hiring manager, several upper level managers, one company execuitve, and a final panelist interview. Everyone at the company was very professional and polite, and the interview questions qwere fair and pointed. No real curveballs. I prepared for the interview by researching the company (and the interviewers, as much as was possible). The role did happen to fit my skill -set, so nothing was really a stretch.

Interview Question – General commnet follows:   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I first researched the role via salary.com. The offer was commensurate with both that website and my previous role.

IT Development Program Interview

IT Development Program

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to this program and after a week or so got a call from an HR woman wanting to phone interview me. She asked me very generic interviewing questions, like what are your weaknesses? I guess I did very well because she said she wanted me to do a technical interview with someone from the field I worked in the most. It was a phone interview once again by the way. The technical interview went horrible. He asked me some pretty advanced questions mixed with a few easy ones. Some were experience questions, like tell me about a really hardcore project you worked on. I was a little baffled because this is supposed to be a program where they train you, and it felt like they expected me to already know everything. It is a program for recent graduates but it seems they want you to have years of full-time experience. Received the thanks but no thanks email.

Interview Questions

Finance Development Program Interview

Finance Development Program
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genworth Financial in December 2010.

Interview Details – I originally had a phone interview with Genworth after I had received an email from them asking to set one up with me. Then at the end of the phone interview they said that based on my answers they would like to have me in for anon-site interview. I went to the on-site interview and interviewed with four people total. First, me and two other people and then another interview were it was me and two other people. I was also given a tour of the Genworth campus.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to be a leader in a group and how did you act and respond when there was a problem.   Answer Question
  • What is one thing that you can tell me you have learned in school that maybe the first time it was introduced you didn't totally understand the concept.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After the interviews were over I left and was told that I would be contacted. Later I received a call from Genworth saying that they would like to extend me an offer. I accepted it.

IT Strategic Initiatives Leader Interview

IT Strategic Initiatives Leader
Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview process started with an interview with an internal recruiter for the main business, in Richmond, VA. After a friendly discussion, I was referred to the west coast recruiter. That discussion resulted in 3 phone interviews over 4 weeks with in individual in a similar role to the one I was interviewing for, then the CIO who I would report to, and then the Director of HR. All these interviews went well, and ultimately, I was invited to fly to Pleasant Hill for face to face interview with 11 people, including the 3 that had interviewed me on the phone. All of this was very professional, in my opinion.

The only questionable experience was at the very end, when I asked a simple procedural question at the end, to the CIO, and was literally shoo'd away and told "I don't know, I don't deal with that stuff, ask someone else". What I had asked was how to get reimbursed for one particular expense, which is something I had not been informed of, prior.

That was the only time that I felt any concern for my fit in the organization.

Interview Question – You have no experience in the financial industry, why do you think you can do a job that involves so many financial product initiatives?   View Answer

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in June 2011.

Interview Details – Genworth continues to promote the old GE culture, which has advantages and disadvantages. They are an excellent company to work for, and I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process with several members of the leadership team. The interviews included initial phone interviews (one with a recruiter/one with a hiring manager) as well as face-to-face interviews with several members of the leadership team. Feedback was swift and excellent until they determine that you are not the right candidate.

Interview Question – Describe your management style and ability to motivate personnel.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Lynchburg, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two employees who took turns asking questions, while writing down their answers. Most of the questions were behavioral questions where you had to give an example of what you did in a particular situation. They were fairly challenging. One of the interviewers was yawning during the session so I must have bored them.

Interview Question – Do you think you can do something better than anyone else (at your last job)?   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Senior Finance Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in February 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very pleasant. I applied for the position online and later received an email with a set of questions and a time when they would call to discuss the position. From that about a week later I received a call to set up an interview with the hiring manager and a panel of others. Each person on the panel appeared to be looking for specific skills or qualities.

Negotiation Details – There was some room for negotiation. Always try to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genworth Financial

Worked for Genworth Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Genworth Financial Videos

Genworth Financial – Why Work for Us?

The Genworth story Since writing our first policy in 1871 as The Life Insurance Company of Virginia, we've been committed to helping people effectively protect and achieve the comfort of financial security. Today, even… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genworth Financial interview questions and advice. All 57 interview reviews posted anonymously by Genworth Financial employees and interview candidates.