Genworth Financial

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.1

Sourcing Specialist Interview

30 minute phone interview. Was invited to come in for a live face to face interview. The interview was my potential boss. It went very well, pretty easy interview.

Business Strategy Team Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

Three Interviews- Two phone interviews and one on campus. The entire process took only three weeks. First interview was with a recruiter and the second with manager. The final interview was with the same manager and his boss (I believe). They are very detailed about what needs to be done for each interview. Overall pleasurable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions found online. Mostly wanted to make sure my recent experiences qualified me for the position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation took place, but I was more than happy with the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

The hiring process was pretty good. Started with a phone screen, then had a first round interview with the hiring managers, 2 additional managers, and the hiring managers manager. The second round interview consisted of a short interview with the hiring manager then an offer was made a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were basic interview questions you would find online. One question that stood out was for me to explain a technical accounting term in lei mans language which would display how you could explain accounting concepts to a non-accounting person.   Answer Question
    They used the potential for a bonus to get you to the amount you asked for. Which is okay, you may or may not get the full amount of the bonus every year, just depends on the overall company performance.

Vice President Interview

Inside recruiter who was diligent and very organized, he facilitated the whole process.

Not much negotiation, that had to do with the hiring manager. He would not let me start a month later so I lost out on a bonus.

Intern Interview

Got a phone interview after application online

Interview Questions
    • Most behavior questions, e.g why Genworth? What's your favorite class? Describe your programming skills(have you used marco in SAS).   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Genworth Financial in May 2011.

Basic overview of what the job function would consist of, what the benefits were and behavior-type questions regarding "Name a time when.. you experienced a difficult customer? ..when you had to go above and beyond to help someone? ..when you had to go outside of normal procedures?

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to go above and beyond to help a customer with a request.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to diffuse a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    They were not willing to negotiate for higher pay (based on skill and experience) or a relocation bonus, since I had to move. The process involved sending emailed requests to the hiring manager. Turn-around time for responses was within the same day. Very efficient process.. probably because they needed to get people in the door in a short amount of time.

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Genworth Financial in May 2012.

I was hired through Techead. I had a work history with them and a good rapport with my recruiter. He was able to land this job with only one phone interview. I was interviewed on a Friday and started the following monday.

This role was new and the job description very loose.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't surprised by the questions, they all revolved around the CMS and how comfortable I was working in an Agile environment. I was more surprised that the entire group was involved in the initial interview.   View Answer
    Negotiation was handled by my recruiter.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2012.

Very basic interview where 3 people asked me questions like "tell us about yourself" as it relates to the description. They also gave me an overview of the position and what they're looking for/expecting. Although I didn't have exact experience in their field I did my best answering with what experience I did have. A few questions about what I would do if blank. What does customer service mean to you etc. It was with a temp agency and got the call I got it less than an hour later.

Facillities Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in September 2013.

Process consisted off. applying through a job agency and an initial screening interview with them. One face to face interview at the head office, where i was mostly asked fit questions. I was meant to have a follow up interview with the HR head but we didn't bother. I got an offer within 7 days, process was very fast and efficient and wasn't cluttered with unnecessary testing as the role was very junior.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that unexpected, lots of generic interview questions "why should we hire you" etc etc   View Answer
    i didn't negotiate and i doubt i would have been able to as the role was very junior

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2011.

It was a very slow process.