Genworth Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

Intern Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview after application online

Interview Questions

• Most behavior questions, e.g why Genworth? What's your favorite class? Describe your programming skills(have you used marco in SAS).   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Was invited to come in for a live face to face interview. The interview was my potential boss. It went very well, pretty easy interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty good. Started with a phone screen, then had a first round interview with the hiring managers, 2 additional managers, and the hiring managers manager. The second round interview consisted of a short interview with the hiring manager then an offer was made a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were basic interview questions you would find online. One question that stood out was for me to explain a technical accounting term in lei mans language which would display how you could explain accounting concepts to a non-accounting person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They used the potential for a bonus to get you to the amount you asked for. Which is okay, you may or may not get the full amount of the bonus every year, just depends on the overall company performance.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Inside recruiter who was diligent and very organized, he facilitated the whole process.

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, that had to do with the hiring manager. He would not let me start a month later so I lost out on a bonus.

Business Strategy Team Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Three Interviews- Two phone interviews and one on campus. The entire process took only three weeks. First interview was with a recruiter and the second with manager. The final interview was with the same manager and his boss (I believe). They are very detailed about what needs to be done for each interview. Overall pleasurable experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions found online. Mostly wanted to make sure my recent experiences qualified me for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation took place, but I was more than happy with the offer.

Interview

First call with recruiter; second call sales manager over the telephone. No difficult questions; very down to earth. Job offered over the phone. Process took only 2 weeks. From this point on HR took over and were very easy to deal with. A very good company; currently doing business as Liberty Home Equity Solutions.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Richmond, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Basic overview of what the job function would consist of, what the benefits were and behavior-type questions regarding "Name a time when.. you experienced a difficult customer? ..when you had to go above and beyond to help someone? ..when you had to go outside of normal procedures?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to go above and beyond to help a customer with a request.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to diffuse a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate for higher pay (based on skill and experience) or a relocation bonus, since I had to move. The process involved sending emailed requests to the hiring manager. Turn-around time for responses was within the same day. Very efficient process.. probably because they needed to get people in the door in a short amount of time.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. The interview only lasted 10 minutes. The recruiter immediately denied me after finding out that I don't have my series 6 and 63. I was confused and have expressed that to her because I never said I have the certifications and definitely did not put it on my resume. I also thought it was a preferred qualifications to have.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to please a client.   Answer Question

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2010.

Interview

I received an unsolicited email requesting an interview. I applied online as instructed and scheduled a time. The interviewer was casual and pleasant. For reasons I can't understand, the interviewer determined rather quickly, that I wouldn't be happy working for Genworth. I was highly qualified for the job and prepared to pursue it further. I send a thank you note reaffirming my interest but never received a reply. The same position is still advertised. I found the whole process curious.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2008.

Interview

I supplied a resume through a friend. I got a call three days later. The interviewer was from HR and was the first line filter, ensuring I understood the basic requirements and job responsibilities. Cordial, and informative. If I would have been interested in pursuing the position, my next interview would have been with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

The level of sales support was lower than I needed. I was fairly new to the business and didn't have a large client base, so I needed marketing dollars and leads. They were looking for a sales associate with many years of experience and able to support himself with his own leads. I recognized the gap, and politely declined any further interviews.