Genworth Financial

56 candidate interviews

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – Got a phone interview after application online

Interview Question – Most behavior questions, e.g why Genworth? What's your favorite class? Describe your programming skills(have you used marco in SAS).   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

Interviewed at Genworth Financial

Interview Details – Inside recruiter who was diligent and very organized, he facilitated the whole process.

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, that had to do with the hiring manager. He would not let me start a month later so I lost out on a bonus.

Business Strategy Team Intern Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details – Three Interviews- Two phone interviews and one on campus. The entire process took only three weeks. First interview was with a recruiter and the second with manager. The final interview was with the same manager and his boss (I believe). They are very detailed about what needs to be done for each interview. Overall pleasurable experience.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions found online. Mostly wanted to make sure my recent experiences qualified me for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place, but I was more than happy with the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty good. Started with a phone screen, then had a first round interview with the hiring managers, 2 additional managers, and the hiring managers manager. The second round interview consisted of a short interview with the hiring manager then an offer was made a couple of days later.

Interview Question – All of the questions were basic interview questions you would find online. One question that stood out was for me to explain a technical accounting term in lei mans language which would display how you could explain accounting concepts to a non-accounting person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They used the potential for a bonus to get you to the amount you asked for. Which is okay, you may or may not get the full amount of the bonus every year, just depends on the overall company performance.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Interviewed at Genworth Financial

Interview Details – 30 minute phone interview. Was invited to come in for a live face to face interview. The interview was my potential boss. It went very well, pretty easy interview.

Interview Question – What is one weakness?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Genworth Financial in May 2011.

Interview Details – Basic overview of what the job function would consist of, what the benefits were and behavior-type questions regarding "Name a time when.. you experienced a difficult customer? ..when you had to go above and beyond to help someone? ..when you had to go outside of normal procedures?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to go above and beyond to help a customer with a request.   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you had to diffuse a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate for higher pay (based on skill and experience) or a relocation bonus, since I had to move. The process involved sending emailed requests to the hiring manager. Turn-around time for responses was within the same day. Very efficient process.. probably because they needed to get people in the door in a short amount of time.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Richmond, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very basic interview where 3 people asked me questions like "tell us about yourself" as it relates to the description. They also gave me an overview of the position and what they're looking for/expecting. Although I didn't have exact experience in their field I did my best answering with what experience I did have. A few questions about what I would do if blank. What does customer service mean to you etc. It was with a temp agency and got the call I got it less than an hour later.

Interview Question – What does customer experience mean to you?   Answer Question

Web Content Manager Interview

Web Content Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Genworth Financial in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired through Techead. I had a work history with them and a good rapport with my recruiter. He was able to land this job with only one phone interview. I was interviewed on a Friday and started the following monday.

This role was new and the job description very loose.

Interview Question – I wasn't surprised by the questions, they all revolved around the CMS and how comfortable I was working in an Agile environment. I was more surprised that the entire group was involved in the initial interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was handled by my recruiter.

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst
Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was a very slow process.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   View Answer

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Internal Wholesaler
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in December 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. The interview only lasted 10 minutes. The recruiter immediately denied me after finding out that I don't have my series 6 and 63. I was confused and have expressed that to her because I never said I have the certifications and definitely did not put it on my resume. I also thought it was a preferred qualifications to have.

Interview Question – Name a time when you went out of your way to please a client.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genworth Financial

Worked for Genworth Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Genworth Financial Videos

Genworth Financial – Why Work for Us?

The Genworth story Since writing our first policy in 1871 as The Life Insurance Company of Virginia, we've been committed to helping people effectively protect and achieve the comfort of financial security. Today, even… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genworth Financial interview questions and advice. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by Genworth Financial employees and interview candidates.