Genworth Financial

57 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty good. Started with a phone screen, then had a first round interview with the hiring managers, 2 additional managers, and the hiring managers manager. The second round interview consisted of a short interview with the hiring manager then an offer was made a couple of days later.

Interview Question – All of the questions were basic interview questions you would find online. One question that stood out was for me to explain a technical accounting term in lei mans language which would display how you could explain accounting concepts to a non-accounting person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They used the potential for a bonus to get you to the amount you asked for. Which is okay, you may or may not get the full amount of the bonus every year, just depends on the overall company performance.

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details – After a recruiter (third part vendor) screening I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then was called in for a full day interview. Had a 6 hour interview, total of 6, one hour sessions. Met with 8 people total, all face to face and one interviewed me on phone from different location. Except for 1 VP level person, all others were not even fit to be interviewing. One interviewer asked a question on SEI-CMM for which he did not know the answer. After I explained to him about the different levels, he blurted out" thanks for explaining, I did not know that'.

No question was out of the ordinary. If you look up on the internet on the top 20 interview questions, you should do well. Almost all interviewers asked "tell me about yourself" and "why should we pick you".

My 3th interview was an interview with sandwich for lunch. So stupid (also very cheap). How could one eat and talk at the same time. The interviewers took their sandwich to eat after the interview. They forced me to eat, but I could hardly nibble.

Interview Question – One question that was repeated by 3 people because of the position was "How will you convince others of your plan/method/path or how will you sell your idea?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and bump my base up by 4 % and I accepted the offer. The whole process (between the first call and the start date) took 2 months with about 2-3 weeks between each process.

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Lynchburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details – 1 round of interviews with several managers in a "panel" format. Was not difficult to convey drive for the position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received a phone call a few days later asking me to come into the Stamford, CT office for a first round interview. This consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews and a two-on-one conference call with people in the Richmond office. The second round consisted of two more one-on-one interviews with different people than the first. Overall, this was not a difficult or lengthy process as Genworth was eager to fill the role.

Interview Question – How does the current interest rate environment have an effect on an insurance company's profitability?   Answer Question

Quality Coordinator Interview

Quality Coordinator
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2013.

Interview Details – Show you the job description only when you come to the interview. Then asked you to review the job description and talk about the related experiences. Go through the details of the job functions and again do you think you are a fit for the job. Introduce the working location, time shift and requirements. Any questions for him.

Business Strategy Team Intern Interview

Business Strategy Team Intern
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details – Three Interviews- Two phone interviews and one on campus. The entire process took only three weeks. First interview was with a recruiter and the second with manager. The final interview was with the same manager and his boss (I believe). They are very detailed about what needs to be done for each interview. Overall pleasurable experience.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions found online. Mostly wanted to make sure my recent experiences qualified me for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place, but I was more than happy with the offer.

Business Intelligence Manager Interview

Business Intelligence Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was thorough and well organized. A HR recruiter walked me through the process in meeting with key individuals to see where I would be a fit. Once the right job was selected, I went through a half day interview process meeting with supervisor and other related managers and potential cohorts.

Interview Question – How would I go about developing strategy for an organization based on my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. One good offer, I accepted.

Information Technology Development Program Interview

Information Technology Development Program

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details – I applied on their website. Not too much longer, I received a phone call from from Genworth setting up an interview. They were flexible with their time. I then had a phone interview where they asked behavioral questions and technical questions. I would recommend that you know ever part of your resume. If you put down different educational experience programming languages, know them. I was asked technical questions that I know I had heard from class but didn't know too much about. They asked questions based on criteria on my resume. They said I would have a more technical interview next.

Interview Question – Difference between Java and C#?   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

Finance Internship
Richmond, VA

Interview Details – Applied on line through the company website, the next day I was contacted by phone to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was the typical behavioral stuff. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come to Richmond for an in person interview. The interview process in Richmond consisted of two interviews mainly behavioral in nature and a tour of the Genworth campus. I had a final phone interview a week later.

Interview Question – What economic challenges do you see as most effecting Genworth?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details – You will interview with several Team Leaders. The questions are pretty cookie cutter. Discribe yourself and what you can bring to the company.

Interview Question – They typically will go over your past experience and why you left each position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will make you an offer and will not not move more than a couple thousand a year.