Genworth Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

Intern Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview after application online

Interview Questions

• Most behavior questions, e.g why Genworth? What's your favorite class? Describe your programming skills(have you used marco in SAS).   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

Inside recruiter who was diligent and very organized, he facilitated the whole process.

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, that had to do with the hiring manager. He would not let me start a month later so I lost out on a bonus.

IT Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Richmond, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied via my school's online job search. I then had a phone interview with some relatively easy/simple technical interview questions. It then went to a on-site interview with 3 different interviewers who asked mainly behavioral questions and 2 simple technical questions based on the programming languages I had on my resume

Interview Questions

• They put an incorrect coding program on the whiteboard including interfaces that I needed to correct   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was given less that 24 hours after the on-site interview. There wasn't much negotiation, and there was a stipend for relocating.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Lynchburg, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

Great process, went to go meet with the boss, talked for awhile, and thankfully was offered a position. It is a great place to work at as long as things are going well.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for this position   1 Answer

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Stamford, CT).

Interview

First Round was a regular phone screening where they asked me about my experiences in the clubs/organizations I was a part of and stuff about my internship Second rounds consisted of 7 back to back interviews with questions relating to cash flow statements, excel skills, prior internship experiences and market outlook.

Interview Questions

• Where would you invest given the current market conditions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty good. Started with a phone screen, then had a first round interview with the hiring managers, 2 additional managers, and the hiring managers manager. The second round interview consisted of a short interview with the hiring manager then an offer was made a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were basic interview questions you would find online. One question that stood out was for me to explain a technical accounting term in lei mans language which would display how you could explain accounting concepts to a non-accounting person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They used the potential for a bonus to get you to the amount you asked for. Which is okay, you may or may not get the full amount of the bonus every year, just depends on the overall company performance.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

1 round of interviews with several managers in a "panel" format. Was not difficult to convey drive for the position.

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Richmond, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a relaxed interview focused on risk evaluation of the company. The interview was focused to see if the individual was a good fit for the company. There were four panel members in the interview process.

Business Strategy Team Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Three Interviews- Two phone interviews and one on campus. The entire process took only three weeks. First interview was with a recruiter and the second with manager. The final interview was with the same manager and his boss (I believe). They are very detailed about what needs to be done for each interview. Overall pleasurable experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions found online. Mostly wanted to make sure my recent experiences qualified me for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation took place, but I was more than happy with the offer.

Quality Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genworth Financial (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Show you the job description only when you come to the interview. Then asked you to review the job description and talk about the related experiences. Go through the details of the job functions and again do you think you are a fit for the job. Introduce the working location, time shift and requirements. Any questions for him.