Genworth Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Development Program Interview

Finance Development Program
Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview Details – 1) formal phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and few regarding 4 financial statements. Went well. Looking forward for the 2nd round of interviews in their headquarters.

Interview Question – According to you which one is the most important financial statement out of the four.   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Internal Wholesaler
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in June 2012.

Interview Details – There were lots of questions from the three people at the face to face interview, two women and one man. Questions, presentations and final results not promising. Cold and non responsive with interaction during this. I didn't get a feeling that they wanted to be in the room or that there was going to be a positive outcome.

Project Manager Intern Interview

Project Manager Intern
Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied though an online portal offered by my school. I was contacted a day later by a recruiter, asking for availability for a phone interview.
The phone interview was around 30 minutes. She was quite pleasant.

Questions included:
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
What is your biggest flaw?
What was your proudest moment?

Interview Question – What makes you fit for role as a Project Manager here?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Genworth Financial in May 2011.

Interview Details – Basic overview of what the job function would consist of, what the benefits were and behavior-type questions regarding "Name a time when.. you experienced a difficult customer? ..when you had to go above and beyond to help someone? ..when you had to go outside of normal procedures?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to go above and beyond to help a customer with a request.   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you had to diffuse a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate for higher pay (based on skill and experience) or a relocation bonus, since I had to move. The process involved sending emailed requests to the hiring manager. Turn-around time for responses was within the same day. Very efficient process.. probably because they needed to get people in the door in a short amount of time.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Richmond, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very basic interview where 3 people asked me questions like "tell us about yourself" as it relates to the description. They also gave me an overview of the position and what they're looking for/expecting. Although I didn't have exact experience in their field I did my best answering with what experience I did have. A few questions about what I would do if blank. What does customer service mean to you etc. It was with a temp agency and got the call I got it less than an hour later.

Interview Question – What does customer experience mean to you?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was straight forward. They were not looking for someone with my kind of profile and I did not answer 1 simple question. Period... :-) The interviewer was nice and polite, though I made one mistake I thought I could have given a chance once more. Anyways.. no complaints :)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Lynchburg, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two employees who took turns asking questions, while writing down their answers. Most of the questions were behavioral questions where you had to give an example of what you did in a particular situation. They were fairly challenging. One of the interviewers was yawning during the session so I must have bored them.

Interview Question – Do you think you can do something better than anyone else (at your last job)?   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Internal Wholesaler
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in December 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. The interview only lasted 10 minutes. The recruiter immediately denied me after finding out that I don't have my series 6 and 63. I was confused and have expressed that to her because I never said I have the certifications and definitely did not put it on my resume. I also thought it was a preferred qualifications to have.

Interview Question – Name a time when you went out of your way to please a client.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Richmond, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied at a job fair at my school and got a call from them a few weeks afterward asking if I'd like to do a quick phone interview. I agreed and set it up. I'm a sophomore, for an idea of where I'm at.

The first phone interview was very easy. They were all behavioral questions with one very general technical one, likely just to do some basic screening.

After that, they called me telling me they'd like for me to come down to Richmond and do an on-site interview. The put me up in a pretty nice hotel right near their headquarters. The on-site interview was a series of three 1:1 interviews. They asked quite a few behavioral questions with a few somewhat general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you took a risk to implement something you believed in.   Answer Question
  • What's so great about Object Oriented Design?   Answer Question
  • Describe the difference between the compilation process of a C++ program, and that of a Java program.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location wasn't what I wanted - I wanted to travel a little further away. I also felt I could do a little better with the salary.

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst
Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was a very slow process.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   View Answer