Genworth Financial Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

3.1

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2012.

Very basic interview where 3 people asked me questions like "tell us about yourself" as it relates to the description. They also gave me an overview of the position and what they're looking for/expecting. Although I didn't have exact experience in their field I did my best answering with what experience I did have. A few questions about what I would do if blank. What does customer service mean to you etc. It was with a temp agency and got the call I got it less than an hour later.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial in December 2011.

I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. The interview only lasted 10 minutes. The recruiter immediately denied me after finding out that I don't have my series 6 and 63. I was confused and have expressed that to her because I never said I have the certifications and definitely did not put it on my resume. I also thought it was a preferred qualifications to have.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went out of your way to please a client.   Answer Question

Project Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial in November 2011.

I applied though an online portal offered by my school. I was contacted a day later by a recruiter, asking for availability for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was around 30 minutes. She was quite pleasant.

Questions included:
    What do you consider your greatest achievement?
    What is your biggest flaw?
    What was your proudest moment?

Interview Questions
    • What makes you fit for role as a Project Manager here?   View Answer

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial in November 2011.

I applied at a job fair at my school and got a call from them a few weeks afterward asking if I'd like to do a quick phone interview. I agreed and set it up. I'm a sophomore, for an idea of where I'm at.

The first phone interview was very easy. They were all behavioral questions with one very general technical one, likely just to do some basic screening.

After that, they called me telling me they'd like for me to come down to Richmond and do an on-site interview. The put me up in a pretty nice hotel right near their headquarters. The on-site interview was a series of three 1:1 interviews. They asked quite a few behavioral questions with a few somewhat general technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you took a risk to implement something you believed in.   Answer Question
    • What's so great about Object Oriented Design?   Answer Question
    • Describe the difference between the compilation process of a C++ program, and that of a Java program.   Answer Question

Location wasn't what I wanted - I wanted to travel a little further away. I also felt I could do a little better with the salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial in October 2011.

I was interviewed by two employees who took turns asking questions, while writing down their answers. Most of the questions were behavioral questions where you had to give an example of what you did in a particular situation. They were fairly challenging. One of the interviewers was yawning during the session so I must have bored them.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can do something better than anyone else (at your last job)?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Genworth Financial in May 2011.

Basic overview of what the job function would consist of, what the benefits were and behavior-type questions regarding "Name a time when.. you experienced a difficult customer? ..when you had to go above and beyond to help someone? ..when you had to go outside of normal procedures?

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to go above and beyond to help a customer with a request.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to diffuse a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    They were not willing to negotiate for higher pay (based on skill and experience) or a relocation bonus, since I had to move. The process involved sending emailed requests to the hiring manager. Turn-around time for responses was within the same day. Very efficient process.. probably because they needed to get people in the door in a short amount of time.

IT Strategic Initiatives Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2011.

The Interview process started with an interview with an internal recruiter for the main business, in Richmond, VA. After a friendly discussion, I was referred to the west coast recruiter. That discussion resulted in 3 phone interviews over 4 weeks with in individual in a similar role to the one I was interviewing for, then the CIO who I would report to, and then the Director of HR. All these interviews went well, and ultimately, I was invited to fly to Pleasant Hill for face to face interview with 11 people, including the 3 that had interviewed me on the phone. All of this was very professional, in my opinion.

The only questionable experience was at the very end, when I asked a simple procedural question at the end, to the CIO, and was literally shoo'd away and told "I don't know, I don't deal with that stuff, ask someone else". What I had asked was how to get reimbursed for one particular expense, which is something I had not been informed of, prior.

That was the only time that I felt any concern for my fit in the organization.

Interview Questions
    • You have no experience in the financial industry, why do you think you can do a job that involves so many financial product initiatives?   View Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2011.

After applying online, I received a phone call a few days later asking me to come into the Stamford, CT office for a first round interview. This consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews and a two-on-one conference call with people in the Richmond office. The second round consisted of two more one-on-one interviews with different people than the first. Overall, this was not a difficult or lengthy process as Genworth was eager to fill the role.

Interview Questions
    • How does the current interest rate environment have an effect on an insurance company's profitability?   Answer Question

Risk Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2011.

First, campus recruiter did a phone screen with me. It lasted for about 10min. She went through my resume with me.

About two weeks later, I was asked to have an on site interview. First, I had lunch with two team members. Then, the hiring manager interviewed me. He also went through my email with more detailed questions about my past project and research(I am a graduate student.) Then, I talked with the CFO. Actually, I didn't speak. I listened to him talking for about half an hour. Just smile and nod. At the end, talked to a person from IT.

The next day, the campus recruiter called me and sent me the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have anything about yourself that you want me to know?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2011.

It was a very slow process.