Genworth Financial

3.1

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2011.

It was a very slow process.

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genworth Financial in December 2010.

I originally had a phone interview with Genworth after I had received an email from them asking to set one up with me. Then at the end of the phone interview they said that based on my answers they would like to have me in for anon-site interview. I went to the on-site interview and interviewed with four people total. First, me and two other people and then another interview were it was me and two other people. I was also given a tour of the Genworth campus.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had to be a leader in a group and how did you act and respond when there was a problem.   Answer Question
    • What is one thing that you can tell me you have learned in school that maybe the first time it was introduced you didn't totally understand the concept.   Answer Question
    After the interviews were over I left and was told that I would be contacted. Later I received a call from Genworth saying that they would like to extend me an offer. I accepted it.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genworth Financial in December 2010.

Interviewed by hiring manager as well as select peers/team members. Fairly standard interview questions; nothing I haven't heard previously. Overall the vibe is laid back during interviewing process. Just be prepared for a lot of questions, as the interview process tends to include hiring manager, team members, other managers on related teams, president, and HR director.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing complex; just be prepared for a high volume of questions, as they tend to have a candidate interview with MULTIPLE people, often in panel-style (more than one person asking questions).   Answer Question
    They tend to pay more than the industry average; negotiation not necessary.

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genworth Financial in August 2010.

After completing an internship I gave a final presentation and went through two 30 minute interviews. The internship program is a great opportunity to demonstrate your abilities. I exposed myself to as many people as possible throughout the summer and when I got into the final interviews my interviewers already knew lots about me as well as what I had worked on throughout the summer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us the four financial statements and which one you think is most important and why...   Answer Question

Wanted to pursue opportunities in consulting

New Business Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in July 2010.

The interview process starts with a phone interview. Once you have made it passed that you will be invited to the office in Phoenix to complete a gauntlet of four additional interviews. One will be with potential co-workers who will likely ask questions that hint at the job itself. One with a potential team leader, who will likely ask questions about your experience. Then two more with upper management to gauge your demeanor and attitude.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are terribly difficult but they are very interested in "quality" and "accuracy." Any examples to that affect are met well.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate

Business Intelligence Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in June 2010.

Hiring process was thorough and well organized. A HR recruiter walked me through the process in meeting with key individuals to see where I would be a fit. Once the right job was selected, I went through a half day interview process meeting with supervisor and other related managers and potential cohorts.

Interview Questions
    • How would I go about developing strategy for an organization based on my background.   Answer Question
    Simple. One good offer, I accepted.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial in June 2010.

I received an unsolicited email requesting an interview. I applied online as instructed and scheduled a time. The interviewer was casual and pleasant. For reasons I can't understand, the interviewer determined rather quickly, that I wouldn't be happy working for Genworth. I was highly qualified for the job and prepared to pursue it further. I send a thank you note reaffirming my interest but never received a reply. The same position is still advertised. I found the whole process curious.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for in your next position?   View Answer

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2010.

Have a full day interview with eight different people. Interviewers has asked from simple PL/SQL question to Project Management, Code Standization techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Showed me 100 pages of legacy code and asked me what is missing in this code? How you would improve and manage changes to this code?   Answer Question
    • FTP Exit command to difference b/w oracle function and stored proc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial in July 2009.

After submitting my resume online directly to the companies website. A few days later, I was contacted by an HR person who did a few screening questions (birthdate, salary requirements, etc). Contacted a week later and an interview was set up. Interviewed on Saturday, along with several others. It was in front a team of 4. One person asked the questions, while others took notes. A lot of behavioral questions were asked. Ended with questions from me. And I left! Called on Tuesday and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any difficulty getting along with people at work?   View Answer

Web Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genworth Financial in May 2009.

I first had a phone interview where HR went through my resume and asked me a couple of technical and behavioral questions. Overall I bombed the phone interview, yet was invited to drive to Richmond to do several 1:1 interviews. Once there I met with several management type people, including the CTO. The questions ranged from softball questions, to really hard ones that I wasn't expected to know. Overall it went rather well I feel.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between a router and a switch.   Answer Question