Genworth Financial Interview Questions

3.1

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasant Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2011.

It was a very slow process.

IT Strategic Initiatives Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasant Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2011.

The Interview process started with an interview with an internal recruiter for the main business, in Richmond, VA. After a friendly discussion, I was referred to the west coast recruiter. That discussion resulted in 3 phone interviews over 4 weeks with in individual in a similar role to the one I was interviewing for, then the CIO who I would report to, and then the Director of HR. All these interviews went well, and ultimately, I was invited to fly to Pleasant Hill for face to face interview with 11 people, including the 3 that had interviewed me on the phone. All of this was very professional, in my opinion.

The only questionable experience was at the very end, when I asked a simple procedural question at the end, to the CIO, and was literally shoo'd away and told "I don't know, I don't deal with that stuff, ask someone else". What I had asked was how to get reimbursed for one particular expense, which is something I had not been informed of, prior.

That was the only time that I felt any concern for my fit in the organization.

Interview Questions
    • You have no experience in the financial industry, why do you think you can do a job that involves so many financial product initiatives?   View Answer

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2010.

Have a full day interview with eight different people. Interviewers has asked from simple PL/SQL question to Project Management, Code Standization techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Showed me 100 pages of legacy code and asked me what is missing in this code? How you would improve and manage changes to this code?   Answer Question
    • FTP Exit command to difference b/w oracle function and stored proc.   Answer Question

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genworth Financial in December 2010.

I originally had a phone interview with Genworth after I had received an email from them asking to set one up with me. Then at the end of the phone interview they said that based on my answers they would like to have me in for anon-site interview. I went to the on-site interview and interviewed with four people total. First, me and two other people and then another interview were it was me and two other people. I was also given a tour of the Genworth campus.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had to be a leader in a group and how did you act and respond when there was a problem.   Answer Question
    • What is one thing that you can tell me you have learned in school that maybe the first time it was introduced you didn't totally understand the concept.   Answer Question
    After the interviews were over I left and was told that I would be contacted. Later I received a call from Genworth saying that they would like to extend me an offer. I accepted it.

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Genworth Financial in August 2010.

After completing an internship I gave a final presentation and went through two 30 minute interviews. The internship program is a great opportunity to demonstrate your abilities. I exposed myself to as many people as possible throughout the summer and when I got into the final interviews my interviewers already knew lots about me as well as what I had worked on throughout the summer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us the four financial statements and which one you think is most important and why...   Answer Question

Wanted to pursue opportunities in consulting

Web Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Genworth Financial in May 2009.

I first had a phone interview where HR went through my resume and asked me a couple of technical and behavioral questions. Overall I bombed the phone interview, yet was invited to drive to Richmond to do several 1:1 interviews. Once there I met with several management type people, including the CTO. The questions ranged from softball questions, to really hard ones that I wasn't expected to know. Overall it went rather well I feel.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between a router and a switch.   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in March 2009.

I applied for the role online, directly from the company's website. After a day or two, I recieved an email from an HR representative requesting a phone screen. After completing the 20 minute phonescreen, i was invited in for an initial in - person sceening interview the following week. After completing that, I was invityed backa third time for a half day session of interviews with the immediate hiring manager, several upper level managers, one company execuitve, and a final panelist interview. Everyone at the company was very professional and polite, and the interview questions qwere fair and pointed. No real curveballs. I prepared for the interview by researching the company (and the interviewers, as much as was possible). The role did happen to fit my skill -set, so nothing was really a stretch.

Interview Questions
    I first researched the role via salary.com. The offer was commensurate with both that website and my previous role.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in June 2010.

I received an unsolicited email requesting an interview. I applied online as instructed and scheduled a time. The interviewer was casual and pleasant. For reasons I can't understand, the interviewer determined rather quickly, that I wouldn't be happy working for Genworth. I was highly qualified for the job and prepared to pursue it further. I send a thank you note reaffirming my interest but never received a reply. The same position is still advertised. I found the whole process curious.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for in your next position?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2008.

half day one on one interview in each office. no negociation on bonus because it is fixed with band level.

Interview Questions
    Prepare to work hard in this company. some managers are bad.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Genworth Financial in July 2009.

After submitting my resume online directly to the companies website. A few days later, I was contacted by an HR person who did a few screening questions (birthdate, salary requirements, etc). Contacted a week later and an interview was set up. Interviewed on Saturday, along with several others. It was in front a team of 4. One person asked the questions, while others took notes. A lot of behavioral questions were asked. Ended with questions from me. And I left! Called on Tuesday and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any difficulty getting along with people at work?   View Answer