Genworth Financial Interview Questions

3.1

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2008.

I was an employee referral for an executive assistant opening. The initial phone interview was used as a screening interview. The next phase was with an HR representative. The interview was difficult and monotonous. The HR rep never varied her style or type of questions. It was strictly a situational interview. Based on her "What would you do if this happened" questions, it was my impression that the hiring manager was either difficult to work with or that I would be handling nothing but problem situations day after day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had an irate customer on the phone who insisted on speaking with Ms. Jones who was unavailable?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2008.

half day one on one interview in each office. no negociation on bonus because it is fixed with band level.

Interview Questions
    Prepare to work hard in this company. some managers are bad.

Facillities Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in September 2013.

Process consisted off. applying through a job agency and an initial screening interview with them. One face to face interview at the head office, where i was mostly asked fit questions. I was meant to have a follow up interview with the HR head but we didn't bother. I got an offer within 7 days, process was very fast and efficient and wasn't cluttered with unnecessary testing as the role was very junior.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that unexpected, lots of generic interview questions "why should we hire you" etc etc   View Answer
    i didn't negotiate and i doubt i would have been able to as the role was very junior

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genworth Financial.

phone interview that was behavioral. had a second interview with 2 consecutive managers. purely behavior and some questions about experience with excel.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

I learned about the opportunity through an on-campus career fair and got an interview through the campus career website. I interviewed with the company when they returned to campus a week or so after. The initial on campus interview was very straight forward and behavioral. I was then invited to an on campus interview around 2 weeks after. The on campus process consisted of two 30 minute interviews, a campus tour, then lunch. The first interview was a 1 on 1 with a walk through the resume and behavioral feel. The second interview was with two finance managers, and was much more education and finance specific.

Interview Questions
    • What are all of the financial statements and which is the most important and why?   Answer Question
    • What is the most useful principle you have learned in a finance class?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you took charge and exhibited leadership in a group project?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

There was nothing out of the ordinary. I received a phone screen from the recruiter. Then I had a face-to-face with the recruiter. I was then scheduled for a face-to-face with members of the team. Not a panel interview but each person separately. Very conversational interview. It was not very formal.

Interview Questions
    Straightforward process - there was a quick turnaround time.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

30 minute phone interview. Was invited to come in for a live face to face interview. The interview was my potential boss. It went very well, pretty easy interview.

Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in June 2012.

I was contacted by Genworth's International office in Ireland by telephone and asked to come by to the Istanbul office on very short notice.

After, I was interviewed by phone for additional three more times. The interview questions concerned my resume, capabilities, desire to work in Insurance and product development.

Interview Questions
    • There as no business case or whatsoever. The question I had most difficulty with was sector-speficif brain teasers about insurance.   Answer Question

I have received a better offer.

Investment Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial in February 2012.

It is a Phone screen, consisting of questions like "why this intern?" "tell me about yourself" "why finance""do you follow the market? if yes, anything interesting""tell me a time when you prioritize"

Actuarial Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genworth Financial in October 2011.

The interviewers were very professional yet very personable. enjoyable process