Genzyme

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online in October 2011, i was contacted by Genzyme a week later, had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and the senior staff. 2 days later, i was contacted by the HR and was invited to give a talk. I gave them several options for dates, but they never got back to me. I sent the HR manager an email to request a date for the onsite interview, but he responded that he was still waiting for the hiring manager to get back to him. They finally contacted me in February and explained to me that because of a hiring freeze and the merger with Sanofi everything was delayed. I went for an onsite interview, gave a talk. It took them a while to check the references. I got another offer in the meantime, and finally the Genzyme offer came in 3 weeks after the interview.

Negotiation Details – Fair, but I had 2 offers, and it was easier to negotiate. If you are reasonable, they want you to be happy.

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!